ADVERTISEMENT

NB forfeits against Laney

portcity FB

Nov 8, 2004
NB and Laney were scheduled to play tonight to make up an earlier game that was postponed due to NB going into covid protocol. From what I was told NB coach asked for a no contest because he didn’t want his team to play 3 games in 8 days. Laney is losing the gate tonight and did not accept the no contest which would force NB to forfeit which they did. I would imagine NB coach is avoiding this game to try and be healthy for the SB and WB games which will determine the 3A rep from the conf. I don’t blame coach Little at Laney! Laney is playing 3 games in 8 days as well. This is happening because NB had to postpone the game in the first place. This is a conf game and the kids need to play. I don’t like this decision at all.

NB and Laney were scheduled to play tonight to make up an earlier game that was postponed due to NB going into covid protocol. From what I was told NB coach asked for a no contest because he didn’t want his team to play 3 games in 8 days. Laney is losing the gate tonight and did not accept the no contest which would force NB to forfeit which they did. I would imagine NB coach is avoiding this game to try and be healthy for the SB and WB games which will determine the 3A rep from the conf. I don’t blame coach Little at Laney! Laney is playing 3 games in 8 days as well. This is happening because NB had to postpone the game in the first place. This is a conf game and the kids need to play. I don’t like this decision at all.
Saw the first two letters and thought it was us for a minute, phew. Too young for a heart attack.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT