ADVERTISEMENT

My top 5 in West

You will not have to worry about the bears coming to a weak Mitchell team. Keep riding with heritage and starmount. The mountaineers biggest nightmare would be seeing the bears. Running clock for sure

Reactions: kingbluedevil
You will not have to worry about the bears coming to a weak Mitchell team. Keep riding with heritage and starmount. The mountaineers biggest nightmare would be seeing the bears. Running clock for sure
Since when? If we come there your stomachs will hurt all week we are 4-1 all time vs da bears a close game might kill some of you and I don’t want that no sir I like u guys

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Cheers @Purple1995 🍻 love how you show up and stir the pot!

Before tonight I thought ER was #1 in west, but the last score I've seen was 14-14 tonight. Maybe West 1A is down this year? MA doesn't seem to be as explosive as years past. I'm not sold on MH just yet... I think the next couple weeks could be interesting to see who really shows out.

If Mountain Heritage had to play without their QB (who is a very awesome player), could they have won a playoff game against a tough opponent. That was what Starmount was facing as their best player was out.

Hopefully, we will get to play you all again. I have a lot of respect for Coach Robinson.

No but it's hypothetical to say you absolutely would have won with him after losing by 24
If Mountain Heritage had to play without their QB (who is a very awesome player), could they have won a playoff game against a tough opponent. That was what Starmount was facing as their best player was out.

Hopefully, we will get to play you all again. I have a lot of respect for Coach Robinson.

Cheers @Purple1995 🍻 love how you show up and stir the pot!

Before tonight I thought ER was #1 in west, but the last score I've seen was 14-14 tonight. Maybe West 1A is down this year? MA doesn't seem to be as explosive as years past. I'm not sold on MH just yet... I think the next couple weeks could be interesting to see who really shows out.
I'm not sold on anyone right yet just have general knowledge of who's pretty good lol heritages conference probably won't tell you much else about them, can't really know till you know I guess playoffs will tell us more lol

Last edited:
Heritage must of had a ton of transfers then.
Got quite a few sophomores thats playing really good especially on defence, I think at least 3 are staring, also we have only turned the ball over once all season, and that was when the backups were in vs Hendersonville anyway as far as I know Starmount may be the best team in 1a we will find out what they have when they play the Bears. also I may be wrong but I do belive as of now there is about 6 teams with a chance the SMC is down this year but, I still would not count Murphy out of it, they beat a decent 3a team in West Henderson.
The SMC will be Back soon Murphy and Robbinsville JV teams this year are very good both teams have a big line and very good skill players Murphy has a QB That's at least 6 foot 3 and can really sling the ball he stands tall in the pocket and don't have nervous feet Ive only saw him play once and was really impressed.

Got quite a few sophomores thats playing really good especially on defence, I think at least 3 are staring, also we have only turned the ball over once all season, and that was when the backups were in vs Hendersonville anyway as far as I know Starmount may be the best team in 1a we will find out what they have when they play the Bears. also I may be wrong but I do belive as of now there is about 6 teams with a chance the SMC is down this year but, I still would not count Murphy out of it, they beat a decent 3a team in West Henderson.
The SMC will be Back soon Murphy and Robbinsville JV teams this year are very good both teams have a big line and very good skill players Murphy has a QB That's at least 6 foot 3 and can really sling the ball he stands tall in the pocket and don't have nervous feet Ive only saw him play once and was really impressed.
I wouldn't sleep on any team in the SMC!! Watched MH earlier this season very impressed with there Offensive Line and skill position guys.

CSD won’t be there toughest opponent lol. There is another team in that conference that’s better than CSD. When all teams on that list get to full strength and we’re in week 6-7, then we can look at their work. Bishop will be and should be full strength next Friday and unfortunately for mt airy they won’t get their center back but they’ll be ok.

Well after last night, didn't seem Bishop is even close to top 5. I'm just looking at the score, but doesn't appear to be a good game by Bishop. Doubt they come close to beating Corvian either.

Corvian has played bigger schools but none with a pulse
I don't think they're that good, it's more of Biship isn't that good either. Better than years past, yes. But they aren't a top 5 team. Thus going back to the first page of posts before it turned into a pissing contest of MA and SMC. 😂

Reactions: sbbbfan
I don't think they're that good, it's more of Biship isn't that good either. Better than years past, yes. But they aren't a top 5 team. Thus going back to the first page of posts before it turned into a pissing contest of MA and SMC. 😂
Eastern Randolph and Mount airy. That's it right now. You don't get worked by North Rowan last year who then got dog slapped by robbinsville the next week if you have a shot. North Rowan's athletes contained your one athlete. Your quarterback. Who is something special. But he can't do it by himself. He's not big enough to be turbeville. He got shut down even though he did have 37 points he could not win the game somehow you guys could not stop them. The remnants of that team is not winning the state championship despite what the idiots at high school overtime think. I'm not sure about Starmount because they have gotten bigger and stronger and they could be a factor. Sounds like Murphy could be too. But if you're betting those other two Mount Airy and Eastern Randolph are clear cuts. There's not going to be any one-man games or running around like Carolina tag. That's been mountain heritages Identity. That won't happen when they play those teams. Ask the Starmount quarterback from last year. He still hurting.

So I keep reading the cases for each team based on who they have played and who they haven’t this year. Much respect to all the teams for their efforts rolling into conference play. I can agree that know one wishes to see a SMC team in their parking lot early in the playoffs. Risk to reward to great from an injury and loss standpoint. I’m going to say this , what usually is a lackluster non conference schedule has proven to be a pretty solid test for this group this year. Opened it up with a much improved NS team that throws it around as good as anyone the bears will see in 1a not to mention a bitter rivalry and is usually just that at there place in front of a crowd that’s larger than some D2 schools can generate. The next week play an ES team that’s much improved, very physical and the new head coach and offensive coordinator come from last years bears staff. Not to mention father and son coaching against each other in Kelly holder and Logan Holder. 2 trap games straight outta the gate. Surry central a gimme, then Ashe , how bout what Ashe done in Tennessee last night. Had a top 10 3a Tennessee team on the ropes. Stat game against N Stokes. Now the Rams who are arguably as good as they have been in years. Then East Wilkes who is arguably as good as they have been since JK left. You tell me who else in 1a has played much better based on oowp than the bears? East Surry should be 4-1 as they had West Stokes beat and West Stokes should be 5-0 as they had Randleman beat. They beat Robbinsville and Hertaige had all they wanted against Robbinsville. All eyes on a Very Very good Rams squad this Friday but I don’t think I would be sleeping to sound on this Bears team. Read the statement that this group want 2023 good, but would be next year. I think at this juncture this team is 2022 good at this point with the potential to be 2023 good by the 2nd round of the playoffs. Jmho and I know it ain’t worth the screen it’s written on

Well after last night, didn't seem Bishop is even close to top 5. I'm just looking at the score, but doesn't appear to be a good game by Bishop. Doubt they come close to beating Corvian either.
Speaks to what I’ve said all along, still early. They lost to a top tier 2A team and had a bad night. Do you say the same about schools playing homeschool teams and teams regardless of class that should even have a football team? Doubt it. Also, look at the game and not just the score of any contest as the score doesn’t always tell the issue.

Rough - not sure if you think I'm a fan of mountain heritage but I'm not. Just clarifying as you said "your team/your quarterback". However, I don't see them as winning the west, but they do seem to have a solid team, at least better than last year.

Cimsies, anyone playing a home school team needs to schedule better. That's what i say about that. Also, I stated I didn't see the game but based on score, Bishop doesn't seem close to top 5. So if you have details please share. Top 5 shouldnt lose that bad. Period.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Rough - not sure if you think I'm a fan of mountain heritage but I'm not. Just clarifying as you said "your team/your quarterback". However, I don't see them as winning the west, but they do seem to have a solid team, at least better than last year.

Cimsies, anyone playing a home school team needs to schedule better. That's what i say about that. Also, I stated I didn't see the game but based on score, Bishop doesn't seem close to top 5. So if you have details please share. Top 5 shouldnt lose that bad. Period.

In the SMC several schools are forced to play homeschool teams because no one else will schedule the SMC.

My bad sir.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT