ADVERTISEMENT

My top 5 in West

lol smh. I’ve tried to remain 🤐 and rankings now are a moot point but Have you seen all the listed teams play? Regardless of how tomorrow shakes out, if you haven’t seen a game in it’s entirety of all the listed teams your opinion to remove anyone is goofy.

• Haha
Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
I was talking about Titan and yup I sure have lol! I think right now you’re spot on but I also think Mt H has a case.

Reactions: buzzcoach
I think all those teams have some physicality about them. Consistently n health will be key. Bishop was playing last week without two starting WR/DB kids… Mt. Airy had the injury to their guy so we will see down the stretch who is the healthiest and is in the groove. Bishop, ER, Starmount, Mt. H have not good but great coaching…

East Wilkes struggled to beat a bad Wilkes central team.... EW definitely not top 5. I think Murphy and Robbinsville would both beat Bishop.... A good ground and pound usually beats finesse come playoff time.

Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
All those teams have beaten terrible teams lol. Struggle or not. Win is a win. Some of these teams have struggled in the 1st half or at least 2 quarters vs bad teams but it happens early on.

Maybe but bishop is more physical this year and their skill guys are big fast and physical (one is small but fast).

Lot of season left so no judgements from me right now.

Reactions: sbbbfan
East Wilkes struggled to beat a bad Wilkes central team.... EW definitely not top 5. I think Murphy and Robbinsville would both beat Bishop.... A good ground and pound usually beats finesse come playoff time.
I think part of that deal with EW & WC from last week is you have 2 teams that always get up to play each other and over the last 10ish years throw records out the door. Also you have the important aspect of the styles are very similar in what they run. Mix all that together and you have a recipe for a close in county matchup.

I think part of that deal with EW & WC from last week is you have 2 teams that always get up to play each other and over the last 10ish years throw records out the door. Also you have the important aspect of the styles are very similar in what they run. Mix all that together and you have a recipe for a close in county matchup.
Agreed 100%. I'm a ew fan clearly, but I'll have to disagree with us being in top 5. We have some talent, but not the likes of ma, er, etc talent. That WC game is still making me scratch my head about how good this ew team can be. They was behind all game until late 3rd qtr i think. Proud of the way they got it together and fought for the W. Also, losing the fb to injury, one of the rbs was out with broken hand, had a freshman filling his spot. Also, big lineman been out all 4 games, all those supposed to be back after the bye. We could be a 2nd or 3rd round team if all is healthy and everyones clicking.

Reactions: radioguy16
Maxpreps rankings of teams mentioned above-

Mt Airy-50
Starmount-123
Eastern Randolph-58
Mountain Heritage-49
East Wilkes-188
Bishop-229
Murphy-86
Robbinsville-197
Corvian-226

Reactions: radioguy16
lol smh. I’ve tried to remain 🤐 and rankings now are a moot point but Have you seen all the listed teams play? Regardless of how tomorrow shakes out, if you haven’t seen a game in it’s entirety of all the listed teams your opinion to remove anyone is goofy.
Murphy played Bishop last season and racked up 687 yards of total offense, unless Bishop is worlds better than they were last year I don't think a game with Murphy would be particularly close.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23 and Titanman27
Murphy has the offense to keep with with any 1A team. The defense is the question. I think their offensive skill players are as good as anyone

I would right now my top 5 in the west are:

Mt Airy
Eastern Randolph
Mountain Heritage
Starmount
Murphy

I've seen Bishop play, and if they are top 5, 1A is down. Bishop is a lot better than in years past but still not top 5. Like Maiden Creek said, we'll see how good they are this Friday. CSD will be there toughest opponent they play until playoffs.

Not really lol it’ll just say who wins and who lost. No bearing on end of regular season results. Y’all probably do the same doom or gloom/Super Bowl or college playoff after 2-3 weeks. Smh

Murphy played Bishop last season and racked up 687 yards of total offense, unless Bishop is worlds better than they were last year I don't think a game with Murphy would be particularly close.
Last season is just that. But since you brought it up.. no starting DT or starting LB who was 8th in the country (yes country) in tackles. BUT read this carefully as I know for some RIF is real… I’m not saying Bishop would’ve won, probably not but it’s closer w/out a doubt. Now, this season since we’re not in a time warp… I’ll say for the 4th time, long season and jury is still out on all the teams in that top 5.

I would right now my top 5 in the west are:

Mt Airy
Eastern Randolph
Mountain Heritage
Starmount
Murphy

I've seen Bishop play, and if they are top 5, 1A is down. Bishop is a lot better than in years past but still not top 5. Like Maiden Creek said, we'll see how good they are this Friday. CSD will be there toughest opponent they play until playoffs.
CSD won’t be there toughest opponent lol. There is another team in that conference that’s better than CSD. When all teams on that list get to full strength and we’re in week 6-7, then we can look at their work. Bishop will be and should be full strength next Friday and unfortunately for mt airy they won’t get their center back but they’ll be ok.

Last season is just that. But since you brought it up.. no starting DT or starting LB who was 8th in the country (yes country) in tackles. BUT read this carefully as I know for some RIF is real… I’m not saying Bishop would’ve won, probably not but it’s closer w/out a doubt. Now, this season since we’re not in a time warp… I’ll say for the 4th time, long season and jury is still out on all the teams in that top 5.

Who was 8th in the country for Bishop last year?

Sorry to intrude fellows, but just in case the Kidd checks in, I wanted him to know I will be at ER tomorrow night. Let me know if you are coming to game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT