ADVERTISEMENT

MY TOP 10 WEST

After a lot of film study here is my list.

MA Starters
MA 2nd team
ER
MA 3rd team
Robbinsville
Swain
MA JV Team
Starmount
MA Middle School Team
Got a tie for 10th with Draughn, Murphy, NR, Thomasville and MA peewee team

I hate to be critical but, shouldn't Mt Airy 's powder puff team be ranked also?

Reactions: RealStihl
Well after a lengthy meeting with my SMC constituents we have come to the determination that the only team that might have a chance against Mayberry this year are those Georgia Bulldogs and with Brock Bowers injury and now having to miss 4-6 weeks, they just might put a running clock on those DAWGS!

I watched quite a bit of the Robbinsville game tonight. I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. Had a couple of nice plays after half time. Not sure that they are a top 5 team. I think next weekend will decide that. I definitely believe that Mt Airy and ER are 1-2 and that won't change. After that it's hard to predict

From the comments posted about not just last nights games but also last week, it think a lot is becoming clear.

1. SMC has a lot of parity but not necessarily great teams.
2. Swain is the unknown. How good are they? Mostly likely very good. Next Friday night is even bigger now.

3. Draughn is better than anticipated, maybe much better.
4. Eastern Randolph faces undefeated 2A Randleman next Friday. This game may determine if ER is just very very good or great.

5. North Rowan and Thomasville are sleepers. Not doubt they are good, sometimes really good. Can they play with the best. NR plays Salisbury next Friday and might answer some of that question.
6. Starmount has shown they are getting better each game and has found a way to score lots of points on weaker teams. Have they gotten good enough to play with the top 3 or 4 top 1A teams?

7. At least in my view, Mt Airy is still the clear top 1A team in the West until somebody proves otherwise. With two MIP (Most Important Players) out for at least the next 3 weeks, can THE BEARS adjust and keep on marching in step?
8. The RPI system is tremendously flawed if the intent is to identify the best teams and rank them in a reasonable order.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT