ADVERTISEMENT

My Pre-Season Top 5 1A

Oh I know Robbinsville is one of those standard-setting programs but from what I have heard they will have some growing pains this year.
Don’t really understand where this is coming from… we lost one lineman that seen a majority of the playing time. We did lose our whole backfield but have 4-5 more than capable guys who can run the football well. Our QB is the same guy that was the QB for most of the year 2 years ago when Carpenter was injured. Still have a good WR core with Ledbetter and A transfer from Reynolds I believe. I really believe we will be poised for another deep run (depending on injuries) and should be the favorites to win the conference. Swain will be tough with the line that they return on both sides of the ball but they also lost their whole backfield as well.

Reactions: REWhitley
I am not a MT Airy fan, but MT Airy and Tarboro would compete very well if they were in 3A. Matter of fact Tarboro and MT Airy should be 2A. No business being 1A.
Last years team might have made the third round. No chance against the big boys of 3A. But you’re right about them being 2A.

No, we have just taken it to and beyond y'all's level, and it seems you are a little jealous. ;);)
Good luck in your conference though.
Jealous?? Of what?? Take your meds and grab that camera. Or have a pity party for yourself. You seem to be a pro at that. Can’t wait for you and Buzzy to start arguing over who posts first! Jealous?? Don’t think so scooter!

deliverance GIF
Banjo Deliverance GIF

• Haha
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
The fact that you actually believe that? Solid program and great small town ball, but I would say there’s 20 schools in the charlotte area better, 20 or more in the triangle, and A.C. Reynolds and Hickory would win with ease. Throw in Shelby, Kings Mtn, and Crest? Cmon man are you freaking serious? No way your as good as last year, unless Mrman is telling the truth 😂😂
Are your serious?
No one from Mt Airy said this or made such a claim. HighSchoolOT has it. They made the ranking list. Have been doing the rankings for years. No input from me, you or any other local yokel.
But if you think it is so funny, why do you not look up last years end of year rankings and see where little ole Mt Airy and/or Tarboro were ranked state wide all divisions. Look at HighschoolOT, look at Simmons, look at Massey.

Can Mt Airy or Tarboro or Robbinsville or Swain play with the best 15 to 20 3A and 4A recruiting high schools? No.
But why not look at the Mitchell-4A Lake Norman game a couple of years ago. When the best of 1A takes on anybody other than the top 10 to 15 3A/4A schools, bring your lunch pal because you will see a dog fight.

So put a sock in your trap and stop make cutting remarks about things you obviously know nothing.

Don’t really understand where this is coming from… we lost one lineman that seen a majority of the playing time. We did lose our whole backfield but have 4-5 more than capable guys who can run the football well. Our QB is the same guy that was the QB for most of the year 2 years ago when Carpenter was injured. Still have a good WR core with Ledbetter and A transfer from Reynolds I believe. I really believe we will be poised for another deep run (depending on injuries) and should be the favorites to win the conference. Swain will be tough with the line that they return on both sides of the ball but they also lost their whole backfield as well.
You really think those backfield guys can be replaced so easy? They were pretty special

You really think those backfield guys can be replaced so easy? They were pretty special
You’re not going to replace Cuttler Adams. However, his younger cousin will be in the backfield some I would think. Not as big as cuttler but he can fly. As Black Cat said, defenses won’t be able to game plan for Robbinsville the same way they have the last couple years but just selling out to stop Cuttler. There will be at least 3 guys who get a pretty significant work load back there I would think. I have no real insight as to who but I’m going based off who I saw run the ball last year at times. Backfield won’t be as good I wouldn’t think but line will be better considering they are a year older and stronger.

Reactions: Titanman27
Are your serious?
No one from Mt Airy said this or made such a claim. HighSchoolOT has it. They made the ranking list. Have been doing the rankings for years. No input from me, you or any other local yokel.
But if you think it is so funny, why do you not look up last years end of year rankings and see where little ole Mt Airy and/or Tarboro were ranked state wide all divisions. Look at HighschoolOT, look at Simmons, look at Massey.

Can Mt Airy or Tarboro or Robbinsville or Swain play with the best 15 to 20 3A and 4A recruiting high schools? No.
But why not look at the Mitchell-4A Lake Norman game a couple of years ago. When the best of 1A takes on anybody other than the top 10 to 15 3A/4A schools, bring your lunch pal because you will see a dog fight.

So put a sock in your trap and stop make cutting remarks about things you obviously know nothing.
Who cares about polls! It’s ok when used as a topic for discussion, but the chest thumping, quite frankly, gets on my last nerve! You want to brag about being on that list, beat a team on it! And trust me, I know a plenty 👌

Yeah some wishful thinking from the rville base. 2, 4, 33, 55 type athletes don’t get replaced at a small 1a school even if it is football power like Robbinsville. Heck 33 was on the HS OT top athletes from the Class of 24 along with Mason from Mt Airy.

Yeah some wishful thinking from the rville base. 2, 4, 33, 55 type athletes don’t get replaced at a small 1a school even if it is football power like Robbinsville. Heck 33 was on the HS OT top athletes from the Class of 24 along with Mason from Mt Airy.
When did you become a Robbinsville expert?

Who cares about polls! It’s ok when used as a topic for discussion, but the chest thumping, quite frankly, gets on my last nerve! You want to brag about being on that list, beat a team on it! And trust me, I know a plenty 👌
Obviously you care about polls. You posted your smartbutt remarks trying to cut Mt Airy. No one from Mt Airy EVERY PUTS Down another team. But you do. Several others do. Does it make you feel good? Important? Superior?

Hope so because to almost everyone else, you just look small, petty, insignificant. Have a nice day.

Obviously you care about polls. You posted your smartbutt remarks trying to cut Mt Airy. No one from Mt Airy EVERY PUTS Down another team. But you do. Several others do. Does it make you feel good? Important? Superior?

Hope so because to almost everyone else, you just look small, petty, insignificant. Have a nice day.
Besides buzz……

I didnt cut Mt Arrogant at all, I said good a program for small town ball, but you can rephrase however you see fit. Sorry to hurt your little feelings when I think it’s comical that you think you belong on that list. And if I need to go back and pull up quotes from last year, pregame and postgame, I can…you will see just how many cutdowns were made about little ole Robbinsville, heck, he’s still doing it today with his little inbred remarks! So you can shut that pie hole and scroll on!

• Love
Reactions: MayberryBillyBob
I appreciate the top 5 votings but I don’t get Starmount being a top 5 team. 10-2 last year but that’s ten wins against very average to below average teams. I could be wrong and we shall see but I know some on here predict with their hearts. The coaching change will be a factor. I know the people of B-bills love Pardue but losing the likes of Lloyd will be huge. I could see a better playoff run but I don’t see them in the regional finals. I’d have to think Mtn Heritage would be a better bet in top 5 than SHS.

You’re not going to replace Cuttler Adams. However, his younger cousin will be in the backfield some I would think. Not as big as cuttler but he can fly. As Black Cat said, defenses won’t be able to game plan for Robbinsville the same way they have the last couple years but just selling out to stop Cuttler. There will be at least 3 guys who get a pretty significant work load back there I would think. I have no real insight as to who but I’m going based off who I saw run the ball last year at times. Backfield won’t be as good I wouldn’t think but line will be better considering they are a year older and stronger.

I appreciate the top 5 votings but I don’t get Starmount being a top 5 team. 10-2 last year but that’s ten wins against very average to below average teams. I could be wrong and we shall see but I know some on here predict with their hearts. The coaching change will be a factor. I know the people of B-bills love Pardue but losing the likes of Lloyd will be huge. I could see a better playoff run but I don’t see them in the regional finals. I’d have to think Mtn Heritage would be a better bet in top 5 than SHS.
I think you're pretty right coach. But that's what a new coach and some other stuff will do. I do think he's a good coach. I think Lloyd is too a great coach but I don't think his heart was in it last year. From seeing them last year although it seems like they've probably gotten better just because they've gotten older. And I think they have a more defensive minded coach. I could see them being up there. But if you're looking at the whole state I think it's probably tarboro and Mount Airy at the top. I think you guys just by virtue of really being the second or third best team in the state in my opinion and with a few breaks maybe better than that would be three but losing Norwood and some of the other guys was a tough thing. I do think Swain is going to be really good because they're going to be so good up front. Mountain heritage is going to be good but I don't see how you lose to North Rowan like that. A team with very little discipline. I don't even think that game was close was it. Watch them play robbinsville the next week they got destroyed. I just don't see how that happens. If you're going to be a contender it's hard for you to play like that. So from the teams I've seen The Rams probably do belong in the top five but I don't think they're better than Eastern Randolph just by sheer experience and athleticism I think ER would beat them pretty handily. I don't know what else out east is going to be good most of the teams are super undisciplined including the conglomerate called Wilson prep. I would think there might be another Smoky mountain team that might be good besides Swain. If Walsh is still at robbinsville you know they're going to be good. At least they're going to fight you for the whole time. And Murphy showed some flashes. But I'm right there with you. I think the common or where the coaching change happened at Thomasville will probably hurt him and I don't think they're very disciplined either. I'd probably stick with Mount Airy/tarborough / Eastern Randolph has the top three no matter what

I didnt cut Mt Arrogant at all, I said good a program for small town ball, but you can rephrase however you see fit. Sorry to hurt your little feelings when I think it’s comical that you think you belong on that list. And if I need to go back and pull up quotes from last year, pregame and postgame, I can…you will see just how many cutdowns were made about little ole Robbinsville, heck, he’s still doing it today with his little inbred remarks! So you can shut that pie hole and scroll on!
What makes you think they were meant for you??? You assume too much! We don't care about rankings just Rings! Back to Back baby!

Reactions: sbbbfan
I think they were a top 5 team but I'm not so sure now after losing a good player that we thought we would have. If all of the kids would play that could/should probably a top 3 team. The coaching part is one big plus. Pardue is a defensive coach. The Rams picked up a championship winning Arena Football coach for the offense. I think coaching and defense will be improved this year. I think the player that we lost to Mt Airy and our QB might have set some Starmount records in the passing game this year.

If I was an athlete or receiver I would've transferred over to the Rams because the QB can get the ball to you. He just needs reliable receivers.

Hope the Rams can have a great year

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I think they were a top 5 team but I'm not so sure now after losing a good player that we thought we would have. If all of the kids would play that could/should probably a top 3 team. The coaching part is one big plus. Pardue is a defensive coach. The Rams picked up a championship winning Arena Football coach for the offense. I think coaching and defense will be improved this year. I think the player that we lost to Mt Airy and our QB might have set some Starmount records in the passing game this year.

If I was an athlete or receiver I would've transferred over to the Rams because the QB can get the ball to you. He just needs reliable receivers.

thought that kid was a forbush kid , either way mayberry got quite a few out of district kids. Just trying to get that arrogant fanbase to admit it is darn near impossible. Good luck to the rams.

thought that kid was a forbush kid , either way mayberry got quite a few out of district kids. Just trying to get that arrogant fanbase to admit it is darn near impossible. Good luck to the rams.
He went to Boonville elementary but lived near the border for both schools. I don't know why he ever went to Forbush to begin with. He was "with" the Rams team until it was stopped by the administration

Problem with that is the QB at Mount Airy, may prove to be the best passing quarterback and prospect of anyone of any of these schools. And he can run. But his specialty is really more throwing. But those good old yadkin county politics send another one to somebody else

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT