ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Swain Co

Well I can already see the refs are going to be the issue here tonight. 4th and four and we dove for a first down and ref took a yard from us. Missed holding penalty and a black in the back on Murphy’s first possession. Both no calls. It will be a long night with that bad refereeing!!!

Well I can already see the refs are going to be the issue here tonight. 4th and four and we dove for a first down and ref took a yard from us. Missed holding penalty and a black in the back on Murphy’s first possession. Both no calls. It will be a long night with that bad refereeing!!!
The issue? I agree it wasnt a great spot but get real, the issue is Murphy is way better than Swain. 14-0 Murphy

Reactions: Swain97
It pains me to say this mdb, but I agree from what I've seen so far. Of course as I'm typing that Murphy holds and sets up 1st&26.

Reactions: mbdfan
Murphy's kickoffs have not been good. Swain has had good starting field position all night

Just missed a hoarse collar call right in front of a ref. Yeah real good refs here tonight

It’s the no calls that have hurt Swain. And the ball spot. 21-7 half.

Swain only averaging 2-3 yards per carry. Big boys up front have got to start moving some bodies. Bad when backs are hit when they get the handoffs.

Murphy cant continue giving Swain the ball on their own 40 every drive, was bound to get something going eventually with that kind of field position every possession.

Lol you watchn same game

Murphy cant continue giving Swain the ball on their own 40 every drive, was bound to get something going eventually with that kind of field position every possession.
But it took 10 minutes to do

Yup! Its hard to beat Murphy. But when you have to play two teams (stripes) it’s more difficult. In my opinion Murphy is second or third best team in state. If you get one or two no calls or bad spots it can make a difference. It will be a game in the second half if Swain can stop the first drive in the second half. If they score then it will be a big Mountain to climb.

Hope #2 is alright, cant afford to not have him 100% going into the playoffs

Last edited:
You lost by 42...you sound like your from pisgah

Reactions: Cdoc73 and mrbud
SwainDad, I've been one if your supporters on here thus year, but tonight you are ridiculous. Murphy had to have 100 yards if penalties and Swain may have had three flags. Your fullback Taylor stomped a Murphy player on our sideline and they flagged us for being upset. They called a touchdown back because a kid held his arms up with "#1" fingers extended .... Excessive celebration. You have not lost a game this year that wasn't for some reason other than Swain wasn't the better team. What did Said have tonight? 40 yards or so on 20 some carries? Get over yourself. Y'all will have a good team next year, but this year you don't.

It's hard for people myself included to not accept what Swain is this season. They always improve and turn it on this time of year. But idk, maybe the team chemistry, their youth . I can't put my finger on the problem but this team isn't your typical Swain they are still struggling. They are big but not as physical . I think the Losiah, Sain backfield is gonna be really good in the coming years. Goodluck the rest of the way .

Reactions: knine1 and mbdfan
Im curious as to which team Swain, Andrews, Hayesville, Robbinsville fans think is better: 2017 or 2018 Murphy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT