ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Swain Co

Lol - Cherokee fans pulling for Murphy in this one. Even after Swain walked into Cherokee ran all over them and walked off their turf.

What do we have to loose when we play Murphy? Everyone thinks we will loose. So nothing. That’s dangerous in my book!

Last edited:
Reactions: Swo_05
Lol - Cherokee fans pulling for Murphy in this one. Even after Swain walked into Cherokee ran all over them and walked off their turf.

What do we have to loose when we play Murphy? Everyone thinks we will loose. So nothing. That’s dangerous in my book!

I would bet the ranch Murphy is not sleeping on Swain. No way

Reactions: Swaindad40
JV’s will probably just wear jerseys this Friday. Next Friday vs Robbinsville they will dress out.

Come on man, now your speakin all mysteriously!! There's a day comin son when unz don't have that many native kids out for football and then I guess you'll stay on Carolina prep!! Haha!!!

After watching film on Swain and Murphy today, I don't see how Swain can stay within 30 points of the Bulldogs. Swain is so one dimensional..Most of their QB rushing yds come off broken plays. I promise if Murphy lines up and stops Sain,they have no other way to beat you. They may pick up a score or two here and there but it won't be enough.. BUT BUT BUT ,Swain seems to always find a way against Murphy. THE one factor that will keep Swain from pulling the upset is the game is at The Hill.
Murphy 30
Swain 14

Man Cherokee must be bad if Swain beat them. Murphy by 28

Reactions: Swo_05
Ah piss don't stoop don't this low 40!! I'm not sayin nothin but CHEROKEE PEOPLE keep your athletics a float!!! There's more important stuff to talk about like when Murphy cheated tha villers in 91 or 92!! Enough with tha high jackin of this post!!

Reactions: uk-te-na
I have said it before. Yes we have EBCI’s on our team. These boys have played with us for several years. Youth league all the way up. They are not cherokee braves they are maroon devils. If your native you should pull for these native boys to win vs Murphy and any other team. Tribal counsel supports them and recognizes them. I can understand not pulling for them over Cherokee but man I am sure you know them all. Probably know their families and maybe related to some. We have 12 natives on JV and another 13 on Varsity. Sure we count on them to win. But they are maroon devils.

On tha team!?? They are your team!!! I'd pull for north Korea before I pull for swain!! O yeah "they're" still in school so "they're" still maroon devils!! If our kids belong to unz so much then unz should let them coach down there instead of just ride our backs to state championships and then out to dry!! Dont worry about my interactions with them cause in 4 more years I'll have plenty of time to chill with them!! And yes I know every 1 of "them"!! Screw this 40dad, this thread is about swain and Murphy!! Later sweetheart!!

I thought there was a rule in place that swain could no longer poach cherokee's players?

It makes perfect sense for Cherokee fans to pull for Murphy. You see they still have a chance to finish in at least a first place tie. If they win out and Murphy defeats Swain there is a very good chance it would end in at least a three way tie. Granted with the results in the conference this year it is a very slim possibility.

Murphy has had several Native Americans on the team in last few years....2016 state title team had mulitple African American and Native American members on it...Murphy teams makeup is different than almost any other school in the state imo....

Murphy has had several Native Americans on the team in last few years....2016 state title team had mulitple African American and Native American members on it...Murphy teams makeup is different than almost any other school in the state imo....
Robeson County has plenty of Native Americans and African Americans if you consider the Lumbee a true native tribe, which I don't.

Reactions: bareman and knine1
Knine chill man, you know what I mean!! Most everytime we play bryson it's like our 2nd battle of tha nations game!! Not like that with Murphy or robinsville!!

Reactions: knine1
Fightin 4 Braves I was PRAISING the fact Murphy has had Native players on the team...unless Ive gone senile I remember reading in the newspaper where EBCI sent official congratulations to the Native American members of the 16 title team. I think it's wonderful for Murphy to have the success they have had with the kinda melting pot makeup of the teams..

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
Home field means more in this series than almost anything else. The visitor has to be head-and-shoulders above to notch a W. I'd love to see it, but the odds are long against.

Prove me wrong, boys! :)

My understanding is that this game is going to get a lot of publicity due to Gentry being at 399 wins. ACT and News 13 will be covering the game. Local media as well. Expect a very large crowd from both sides. This might just turn into an old school matchup bringing back some memories.

Key to the game is up front and if our big boys can open some holes. Apparently Robbinsville coach or coaches told our coaches that we match up better up front with Murphy than they did.

We like it when nobody gives us a chance to win. Maybe or maybe not but I have faith our boys will compete as hard as they can in this one. Win or loose! Give em hell!

With a Swain and Robbinsville win tonight ,
Next week will be set up for a 3 way tie for the SMC championship

This game will be a battle. On paper Murphy should win by a couple of scores but it won't surprise me one bit if it's a nailbiter. In a rivalry game like this the only thing that matters is the W, style points is irrelevant.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
The only way the Murphy machine gets slow down is when Swain goes back stealing all the good players from Cherokee.

I agree that Swain should be solid next year but 2020 I just don't see it.
Swain will be good next year, lots of seniors and skill people will be upperclassmen. 2020 I agree, just dont see it. Sain and Lossiah will obviously be seniors in 2020 and should be very good but there's not going to be much else with them outside of Teesateskie and Groenwald (spelling).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT