ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Rabun County

45-21 rabun wins.
Rabun is ranked 25th in Georgia and lost to the 13th ranked team in the state by 8.

Last edited:
Are those picks. (56-17) & ( 51-10 ) actual score predictions or anti - Murphy ? I don’t known anything about the Rabun County program. Until this week had never heard of the QB . Help me out please. Big school? How many dress out ? Do they platoon? I appreciate any thing that’s provided . Did they come to Robbinsville 10-15 years ago and beat us pretty easy 21-0 or 28-7 ? Thanks again.

Are those picks. (56-17) & ( 51-10 ) actual score predictions or anti - Murphy ? I don’t known anything about the Rabun County program. Until this week had never heard of the QB . Help me out please. Big school? How many dress out ? Do they platoon? I appreciate any thing that’s provided . Did they come to Robbinsville 10-15 years ago and beat us pretty easy 21-0 or 28-7 ? Thanks again.
Rabun is legit. Murphy will have a hard time keeping it close. I hope they can give them a game but Rabun has a special football team over there this year.

They’ve been one of the better AA programs in Georgia for a decade or so. Lost in AA semifinals last year. They beat Robbinsville 21-7 in 2011–not a great year for the Black Knights. But Rabun went to a different level a year or two after that. Rabun’s QB is a 5th ranked QB recruit in this year’s senior class nationally, committed to Georgia.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Rabun is legit. Murphy will have a hard time keeping it close. I hope they can give them a game but Rabun has a special football team over there this year.
Dang. Good luck to the dogs. Hope everyone leaves the field healthy. Murphy can get in that 3 yards and a cloud of dust
Mode and keep the Heisman candidate on the sidelines anything can happen. I think Murphy has a good secondary, couple of interceptions and who knows. This sounds like the Christ School game a few years ago when Murphy was supposed to lose by 30 . Like I said , ball control and a couple turnovers and who knows ? Dang I almost sounded like a Murphy fan.

Hayesville also played a two-game series with them in the mid-2000s and split. They've been kind of a different animal since the Shaws took over around 2013.
The 2nd game in that series was a butt kicking. When the Shaw's arrived they benefited from talented transfers from the surrounding area. Also had a Hugh increase in funding and community interest.

The 2nd game in that series was a butt kicking. When the Shaw's arrived they benefited from talented transfers from the surrounding area. Also had a Hugh increase in funding and community interest.
Looking at MaxPreps it looks like they actually played a lot more than I remembered, with Hayesville winning a few times in the 2000s. But 2013--first Shaw year--was the last game and that's probably for the best. They got new facilities sometime around there, too, didn't they?

It's going to be a really tough game, Rabun has a really good team and a superstar at QB. Murphy has a couple holes on D, like the corner spot opposite Allen, that I expect Rabun to fully exploit. The Murphy offense needs time consuming drives to limit their possessions, the Murphy lines are going to have to be really physical with them and generate some pass rush and Murphy has got to hope for good fortune in the turnover department. If they can do all of those things maybe they can keep it more respectable than most expect.

Last edited:
It's going to be a really tough game, Rabun has a really good team and a superstar at QB. Murphy has a couple holes on D, like the corner spot opposite Allen, that I expect Rabun to fully exploit. The Murphy offense needs time consuming drives to limit their possessions, the Murphy lines are going to have to be really physical with them and generate some pass rush and Murphy has got to hope for good fortune in the turnover department. If they can do all of those things maybe they can keep it more respectable than most expect.
I think that’s about what I said , I’m just not the wordsmith my friend from Murphy is . And if not for spell check you’d swear I knew a foreign language.

Maybe it's just me but there is no need to call a kid out on here. I'm sure you know that the corner you are referring to is in his 1st year of football. He is a hell of an athlete and by the end of the year, he and JWat will have it figured out. I think it's pretty impressive he's starting in his 1st year of football.

Saying there are holes here or there, fine. Singling out 1 high school kid just seems unnecessary to me.

Maybe it's just me but there is no need to call a kid out on here. I'm sure you know that the corner you are referring to is in his 1st year of football. He is a hell of an athlete and by the end of the year, he and JWat will have it figured out. I think it's pretty impressive he's starting in his 1st year of football.

Saying there are holes here or there, fine. Singling out 1 high school kid just seems unnecessary to me.
I take offense to that, last time I checked Murphy doesn't have one kid playing that corner spot, they have rotated two kids there because it's a problem position. So you implying that I called out an individual kid is a bunch of BS, I said Murphy has a hole at that position right now and they do or they wouldn't be rotating players there, somebody would've locked it down. Nor did I imply that it was the only position they've had issues, anyone with eyes can tell you real quick there's multiple spots on D where there's personnel deficits. That's not an indictment on the players, you're not going to be loaded 1 thru 11 down the line every season, that's just reality.

Last edited:
Reactions: mhs95
I take offense to that, last time I checked Murphy doesn't have one kid playing that corner spot, they have rotated two kids there because it's a problem position. So you implying that I called out an individual kid is a bunch of BS, I said Murphy has a hole at that position right now and they do or they wouldn't be rotating players there, somebody would've locked it down. Nor did I imply that it was the only position they've had issues, anyone with eyes can tell you real quick there's multiple spots on D where there's personnel issues. That's not an indictment on the players, you're not going to be loaded 1 thru 11 down the line every season.
Fair enough... Like I said,saying there are holes in the D or the O etc is one thing,specifically pointing out a position is in my opinion calling out a kid or kids. You see it your way and I see it mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbdfan
Fair enough..but now its essentially pointing out 2 kids. Like I said,saying there are holes in the D or the O etc is one thing,specifically pointing out a position is in my opinion calling out a kid or kids.
I guess I see where you're coming from, I probably could've been broader with my assessment (i.e. secondary vs corner) but it was in no way an attempt to call out individual players. I've said my fair share of stupid on here over the years, as most have, but I'm not the one to single out players. That's not where I was going with that, I looked at it as discussing deficiencies at the position, and if it didn't come across that way that's my bad.

I guess I see where you're coming from, I probably could've been broader with my assessment (i.e. secondary vs corner) but it was in no way an attempt to call out individual players. I've said my fair share of stupid on here over the years, as most have, but I'm not the one to single out players. That's not where I was going with that, I looked at it as calling out the deficiencies at the position, and if it didn't come across that way, well that's my bad.
I dont think you meant to call anyone out and frankly me using that phrase was probably too harsh

Reactions: mbdfan and mhs95
It will probably be a struggle off and on for the rest of the season for Murphy. Just so many things look out of kilter right now.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
When the Shaw's arrived they benefited from talented transfers from the surrounding area.
Still benefiting from transfers. Their stud WR is a transfer from Dawson County and their top corner is also a transfer. Probably several more of them but those are the ones I know for a fact are. I mean it only takes a series or two of watching them to see there's no way a fully homegrown Rabun County bunch would have that much team speed.

Last edited:
Still benefiting from transfers. Their stud WR is a transfer from Dawson County and their top corner is also a transfer. Probably several more of them but those are the ones I know for a fact are. I mean it only takes a series or two of watching them to see there's no way a fully homegrown Rabun County bunch would have that much team speed.
Rabun up 52-14. The allstar QB comes in and throws an 80 TD pass on the last play of the game.

Rabun is good but they have no class what so ever.

Looking at MaxPreps it looks like they actually played a lot more than I remembered, with Hayesville winning a few times in the 2000s. But 2013--first Shaw year--was the last game and that's probably for the best. They got new facilities sometime around there, too, didn't they?

Yes they did. Now they travel like a small college. I don't think you will,see them in Frank R Long anytime soon.

Without putting much thought into it, what about the Posey kid? Transferred from,Hayesville.

CDoc, you know exactly who I am. I stood with you at the game last night. SMH
Yea, and I don't like bad mouth of Murphy, I expected it may be a rough nite, but I myself have taking beating like this, I never dropped my head, just worked harder,

Without putting much thought into it, what about the Posey kid? Transferred from,Hayesville.

Tyler Wiley from Andrews.
Colton and Parker Posey always lived in Cherokee County, went to school at Hayesville because a parent worked for Clay County schools as an SRO or something like that.

Tyler Wiley wasn't from Andrews and never lived in Andrews. I dont think he ever went to school in Andrews to my knowledge. His dad was the president of Andrews youth league, that was the reason he played youth league for them.

Murphy has had transfers in football before but there are better examples.

Last edited:
Reactions: therealsquid
Colton and Parker Posey lived in Cherokee County, went to school at Hayesville because a parent worked for Clay County schools as an SRO or something like that.

Tyler Wiley wasn't from Andrews, never lived in Andrews and he never even went to school in Andrews to my knowledge. His dad was the president of Andrews youth league, only reason he ever played for them.
Yes he did go to school at Andrews. He was a grade or two below me.

Don’t have a dog in this fight but Wiley did live in Marble on the side of boundary to go to Andrews which he did until he transferred to Murphy for his Freshman year. His dad was a coach who coached him from Peewees through Midgets winning about 4 youth championships with that group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT