ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ South Pitt

mhs95

Sep 7, 2017
Not a lot of talk about this game (or Murphy in general this year)....seems a lot of Murphy fans have went into hiding. I know we didn't look the greatest against Franklin but I thought our boys really came alive against Commerce. Hoping we can match that intensity this week after being open last Friday.

I've watched some South Pitt highlights and they are fast and athletic. Seems we've been the underdogs pretty regularly lately but if our boys come out with some intensity I think we've got a puncher's chance.

I know @Appvol is pumped about this game lol.

e7F24ff.jpeg

No one gave the Bulldog’s a chance against Commerce !! Look what happened. If Murphy smacks them in the mouth and lays the hammer down on offense they can win. Good luck

Reactions: Usdi Watali
Not a lot of talk about this game (or Murphy in general this year)....seems a lot of Murphy fans have went into hiding. I know we didn't look the greatest against Franklin but I thought our boys really came alive against Commerce. Hoping we can match that intensity this week after being open last Friday.

I've watched some South Pitt highlights and they are fast and athletic. Seems we've been the underdogs pretty regularly lately but if our boys come out with some intensity I think we've got a puncher's chance.

I know @Appvol is pumped about this game lol.

e7F24ff.jpeg
Yes! I just know if you line up and just run at South Pitt they have a hard time with those type teams. Cloudland wasn’t crazy athletic last year had 2 good physical RBs and just ran right at them and almost won in the semis. South Pitt lost some really good players off last years team.

Yeah I saw that. They're just mad because SP has owned them for decades. They're too scared to hop across the state line and play us so they living vicariously through SP.

Nothing but respect for SP. They seem like a great program with great tradition.

Reactions: mbdfan and Appvol
Yeah I saw that. They're just mad because SP has owned them for decades. They're too scared to hop across the state line and play us so they living vicariously through SP.

Nothing but respect for SP. They seem like a great program with great tradition.
South Pitt wins but it shouldn’t be a blowout.

It's like being in a series of The Twilight Zone.
We prove that speed doesn't mean as much as toughness and discipline but year in and year out we have to hear someone make that claim.
I'm bet Robbinsville has a winning record vs faster more athletic teams.

The last post by one of there fans on the T makes a lot sense. Teams that usually beat SP run right at them and are physical.

Reactions: BK13T-$
It's like being in a series of The Twilight Zone.
We prove that speed doesn't mean as much as toughness and discipline.
Bk you need to make you a account on Coacht. You never know what will be discussed in a thread.

I made an account on something in Tennessee last year. I don't remember if it's this site you are referring to.

No, we aren’t mad about south pitts success. I respect the program, I want to see Basin maybe get to that point eventually. But scared? Grabowski man may be scared but I guarantee you I wouldn’t be scared to play Murphy lol.

I was saying I heard from some Murphy players they we’re scared of South Pitt and the speed. Yeah South pitt is a great team and we are 6-26 when playing them. Copper Basin isn’t scared to play Murphy like commander said maybe that Grabowski man is. If Murphy played South pitt as much as basin has they might have 11 wins all time. I know Copper Basin isn’t the best currently and even historically but the competition level is much higher historically in 1A TN also Murphy has 476 students enrolled and that doesn’t count the large number of kids going to tri county early college while south pitt a bigger 1A and has 382 while Basin has 336 counting 7-8th grade

I was saying I heard from some Murphy players they we’re scared of South Pitt and the speed. Yeah South pitt is a great team and we are 6-26 when playing them. Copper Basin isn’t scared to play Murphy like commander said maybe that Grabowski man is. If Murphy played South pitt as much as basin has they might have 11 wins all time. I know Copper Basin isn’t the best currently and even historically but the competition level is much higher historically in 1A TN also Murphy has 476 students enrolled and that doesn’t count the large number of kids going to tri county early college while south pitt a bigger 1A and has 382 while Basin has 336 counting 7-8th grade
Ok then tell me what you know about 1a in NC. Tell me about the 2019 East Surry team that won a championship not to long ago. There is more depth in NC of good teams since there is more 1a schools.

I will assure you the Murphy players aren't scared of South Pitt and their speed. They certainly respect the tradition of South Pitt and they understand the challenge they face with South Pitts talent but they aren't scared

Reactions: mhs95
Ok then tell me what you know about 1a in NC. Tell me about the 2019 East Surry team that won a championship not to long ago. There is more depth in NC of good teams since there is more 1a schools.
Yeah and 1A has always been split in NC until last year. Also look at the west in 1A TN too because I said historically meaning throughout the years when 1A included Trousdale, now private schools, and bigger schools in general.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
I will assure you the Murphy players aren't scared of South Pitt and their speed. They certainly respect the tradition of South Pitt and they understand the challenge they face with South Pitts talent but they aren't scared
I was telling my first hand account with players so I don’t know what to tell you.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
Also look at Peabody, Fayetteville, and McKenzie in 1A west Tn this year. In 2016 is then 1A was completely separated of private schools in tennessee so historically I’m taking 1A Tn all day

1a has not always been divided.
1a in N.C. has teams with almost 700 kids

1a has not always been divided.
1a in N.C. has teams with almost 700 kids
Yeah so it’s not a fair comparison to say North Carolina 1a is stronger than 1a Tennessee. It should be because of just the shear number of kids in 1a NC schools. Many of the Nc 1a would be 2a or 3a in Tennessee.

Last edited:
Yeah so it’s not a fair comparison to say North Carolina 1a is stronger than 1a Tennessee. It should be because of just the shear number of kids in 1a NC schools. Many of the Nc 1a would be 2a or 3a in Tennessee.
Hopefully now that there isn’t any split championships in the classes NC will add some. It’s crazy that NC only has 4 classes in football. There should at least be a 5a

When N.C. was split it was basically 8 classes.
1a topped out about 500. Where does Tenn. 1a top at?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT