ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy freshman running back

I think his name is Cameron Clem. He is 6'0 and 160lbs maybe according to Max Preps but I watched the Franklin game on Youtube and he looks a lot bigger then 160lbs. He is fast and also reads his blockers and has great agility. He does look to be a superstar. Anyone know anything else about him? @mbdfan (if you are still on here)

I think his name is Cameron Clem. He is 6'0 and 160lbs maybe according to Max Preps but I watched the Franklin game on Youtube and he looks a lot bigger then 160lbs. He is fast and also reads his blockers and has great agility. He does look to be a superstar. Anyone know anything else about him? @mbdfan (if you are still on here)
You're right he is bigger than that, he's put on about 15 lbs since middle school, 175 lbs and probably closer to 6'1 now. The kid has been one to watch since elementary school, he's a track star too; was part of Murphy's 4x200 team that won the middle school state championship two years ago and finished 2nd in the 4x100.

He comes from strong athletic stock, Cameron's dad was a wide receiver at the University of Miami (FL) and Grambling State. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the next 4 seasons but he's a kid with a legitimate college football future if he works hard and can stay relatively healthy.

It's a shame his age group lost Turner (Rabun Gap) and Pinkerton (North Cobb Christian) to transfer, talent wise that was lining up to be Murphy's most talented group in a while.

Here is Clem's 8th grade highlights:

You're right he is bigger than that, he's put on about 15 lbs since middle school, 175 lbs and probably closer to 6'1 now. The kid has been one to watch since elementary school, he's a track star too; was part of Murphy's 4x200 team that won the middle school state championship two years ago and finished 2nd in the 4x100.

He comes from strong athletic stock, Cameron's dad was a wide receiver at the University of Miami (FL) and Grambling State. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the next 4 seasons but he's a kid with a legitimate college football future if he works hard and can stay relatively healthy.

It's a shame his age group lost Turner (Rabun Gap) and Pinkerton (North Cobb Christian) to transfer, talent wise that was lining up to be Murphy's most talented group in a while.

Here is Clem's 8th grade highlights:
Thanks for sharing. Watching his highlights and seeing him against Franklin, he reminds me a lot of JC Brown in 2001. JC was also a freshman stud who started as a freshman and was a star throughout high school. I was a senior on that 01 team and JC played WB until he was moved to QB when Kent went down. They looked to be the same height and size. If he is anything like Brown or better, he will keep Murphy in a lot of games throughout the next 4 years, if he doesn't transfer that is.

Reactions: mbdfan
@mbdfan…It is a bummer about Turner and Pinkerton, but the JV team this year has an 8th grade RB (29) that is super good and a big freshman OL (55) that played alongside Pinkerton last year in some AA bowl. Murphy is gonna be stacked in the coming years.

I’m going to eat crow because I thought this would be a rebuild year ! Dang I was wrong. Young Sophomore Qb looked very poised in the pocket. The Freshman Rb looked very good and of course Stalcup was doing his thing. The Offensive line looked better than last year’s team even though smaller at Guard but much quicker. The line and Qb was what I thought would be the weakness but boy was I wrong.

@mbdfan…It is a bummer about Turner and Pinkerton, but the JV team this year has an 8th grade RB (29) that is super good
#29 Davis is going to be a star. In my opinion he was the best looking kid on the field for either team against a good Mitchell squad, considering he's an 8th grader that is big deal. I didn't see a ton of skill talent out there for Murphy besides him though, if I'm being honest. Murphy had a lot of size but Mitchell was just as big and controlled both lines of scrimmage I thought. I guess it depends on how old a lot of those kids were for Murphy, if there were other 8th graders starting for Murphy like #29, then its a bit different. 8th versus 9th makes a big difference at that age.

I don't understand why Pinkerton transferred, it's proven you can get Power 5 D1 offers in the SMC as a lineman. The kid was the best 8th grade d-lineman I've personally seen at Murphy, if not the best I've seen in the SMC period. It's a huge loss, no way around it. Turner transferring at least makes some sense to me if he's going all in on baseball. Turner probably would've quit playing football had he stayed at Murphy, kid is a D1 level athlete though so it's a big deal. You can't lose 2 kids of that level of talent and not feel it, it's the difference between being a legitimate state title contender in 2025 and not I'd say.

Last edited:
Reactions: ObserveAndReport
#29 Davis is going to be a star. In my opinion he was the best looking kid on the field for either team against a good Mitchell squad, considering he's an 8th grader that is big deal. I didn't see a ton of skill talent out there for Murphy besides him though, if I'm being honest. Murphy had a lot of size but Mitchell was just as big and controlled both lines of scrimmage I thought. I guess it depends on how old a lot of those kids were for Murphy, if there were other 8th graders starting for Murphy like #29, then its a bit different. 8th versus 9th makes a big difference at that age.

I don't understand why Pinkerton transferred, it's proven you can get Power 5 D1 offers in the SMC as a lineman. The kid was the best 8th grade d-lineman I've personally seen at Murphy, if not the best I've seen in the SMC period. It's a huge loss, no way around it. Turner transferring at least makes some sense to me if he's going all in on baseball. Turner probably would've quit playing football had he stayed at Murphy, kid is a D1 level athlete though so it's a big deal. You can't lose 2 kids of that level of talent and not feel it, it's the difference between being a legitimate state title contender in 2025 and not I'd say.
Good points. I agree that for Murphy to win state titles nowadays, the best kids are gonna have to stay and keep playing. Just too many good teams in the playoffs today.

As for the Davis kid, he is only 12 and actually could have played another year of rec league. One of the youngest kids in his class. If he continues to work hard, develop, and stay healthy, he has a chance to be special. Him and the Clem kid will have a few years together. That should be fun to watch!

Reactions: mbdfan
I wish you all were playing South Pitt again. Was glad y’all beat them last year. They reloaded this year. Got transfer from a Private School and a kid from Georgia that is committed to Auburn.

Reactions: CherokeeKid

D1 level athlete in baseball?

Reactions: CherokeeKid
Most likely. I heard that he transferred to Rabun Gap to concentrate on baseball. He was a very good basketball and football player at Murphy too.
I coached against him last year. It’s kind of hard to imagine him at D1 level and I mean that with no disrespect. He was impressive but didn’t seem anywhere in the same ballpark as Michael Curry. I know they play different positions but man Curry was on another level. I wish him the best though and hope he does go D1. Itd be good for another local boy to represent.

I coached against him last year. It’s kind of hard to imagine him at D1 level and I mean that with no disrespect. He was impressive but didn’t seem anywhere in the same ballpark as Michael Curry. I know they play different positions but man Curry was on another level. I wish him the best though and hope he does go D1. Itd be good for another local boy to represent.
Michael was an awesome baseball player and just a very good athlete all around. He transferred to Gainesville Ga after his sophomore year to concentrate on baseball, then went on to play baseball at UGA. He led Murphy all the way to the state title game (they lost 2015 to Plymouth) as the starting QB his sophomore year. Never played football again after that.

Maybe Rabun Gap can get Turner ready to play for a major D1 school. Most private school players stand a very good chance of playing somewhere at the next level.

Michael was an awesome baseball player and just a very good athlete all around. He transferred to Gainesville Ga after his sophomore year to concentrate on baseball, then went on to play baseball at UGA. He led Murphy all the way to the state title game (they lost 2015 to Plymouth) as the starting QB his sophomore year. Never played football again after that.

Maybe Rabun Gap can get Turner ready to play for a major D1 school. Most private school players stand a very good chance of playing somewhere at the next level.
Yes Curry No-Hit us as a freshman. The funny thing is, he wasn’t even a pitcher. I think Turner will be fine glove wise. Seems to be a solid fielder. Batting is what will have to come around in my opinion. A growth spurt should help him in the power department some. That will help him a lot.

I coached against him last year. It’s kind of hard to imagine him at D1 level

Perfect Game sees him as a future Power 5 D1 baseball player and drafted player.

I mean it's all kind of besides my main point anyway, which was to convey what a supreme all around athlete he is.

He was the fastest and quickest kid in the conference in JV football last season, which was saying something with Clem and Payne on the team. He averaged 15 point per game in JV hoops. He would've been the best wing/slot Murphy has had since at least Deion Johnson, a game changer on the football field.

Last edited:

Perfect Game sees him as a future Power 5 D1 baseball player and drafted player.

I mean it's all kind of besides my main point anyway, which was to convey what a supreme all around athlete he is.

He was the fastest and quickest kid in the conference in JV football last season, which was saying something with Clem and Payne on the team. He averaged 15 point per game in JV hoops. He would've been the best wing/slot Murphy has had since at least Deion Johnson, a game changer on the football field.
Wow. That’s crazy. The game of baseball has changed so much just since I graduated 9 years ago. I played against the Coker brothers, Taylor Cordell, Michael Curry, Josh Cook, Jessie Bates. I guess playing against those guys and seeing how good they were and then coaching against a kid like Turner just shows you how much it has changed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT