ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy can’t win in 1AA

Ok Dogs you guys are getted hit hard with some punches, first it was Rich, a lot of the 1AA schools, School board, Robbinsvile posters,now Hayesville. I even think Rich has joined the group again because he's the only one I know obsessed with Carl Pickens.lol I'm not trying to pile on but this thread is hilarious. Sorry dogs. When consolidation takes over what class will the two new schools be?

I agree Murphy is still a fine team with a good program. Facts are they get most of their wins and notoriety off of beating smaller schools year in and year out. Murphy is mediocre when they play schools their size. Never won a 1AA Championship. Also, they played 1 school that was their size or bigger this year in the SMC and took a "L". The evidence is overwhelming.
Teams 2017 larger than Murphy ,Pisgah, Franklin ,Gilmer co., Swain, S. Stanly ,N.Stanly ,E. Surry , Mt. Airy, Won 5 lost 3, losses were to quality football teams , to say we cant win your just haters from losing programs.

I agree Murphy is still a fine team with a good program. Facts are they get most of their wins and notoriety off of beating smaller schools year in and year out. Murphy is mediocre when they play schools their size. Never won a 1AA Championship. Also, they played 1 school that was their size or bigger this year in the SMC and took a "L". The evidence is overwhelming.
Lol. In 91 they played gilmer 4a , nw witfield 3a power house out of ga, lol,. This year they play 3a pisgah, Franklin, gilmer4a oh yea your dumb

If Murphy had 50 less kids would this be s issue. It just sounds bitter.
Haysville adm was way over 400 so beIN there so much bigger than rville and others they still sux eggs,. Oh and they pick schools like towns , copper basin ect, but oh haysville still got beat by towns lol

Teams 2017 larger than Murphy ,Pisgah, Franklin ,Gilmer co., Swain, S. Stanly ,N.Stanly ,E. Surry , Mt. Airy, Won 5 lost 3, losses were to quality football teams , to say we cant win your just haters from losing programs.
I don't think he's saying you can't win games. He's calling you out for not winning state in 1AA.

Reactions: Fourth'n'Inches
Calling out Murphy for not winning a state in 1AA is preposterous.

Last edited:
I don't think he's saying you can't win games. He's calling you out for not winning state in 1AA.
well its hard to win a State Title in any division, and as long as the NCHSAA keeps four divisions Murphy will continue to be the largest 1a or the smallest 1aa, and we will continue coach our kids hard and try and win every game we play. GO DOGS!

Reactions: NC nole fan
Hayesville cant even handle their own business in 1A. Might want to focus on ending that losing streak to Towns County and not being a lifetime cellar dweller in SMC football. Calling out Murphy for not winning state in 1AA is preposterous.
its only a few posters from around the state and Murphy has their share of posters also.

Exactly. TigerDen gets it! Murphy hasn't been able to show they are capable of winning it all against teams their size in 1AA. As dogtuff said Murphy went 5-3 this year against bigger competition. I'll say it again... "mediocre". To take a page out of Gentry's playbook... maybe they just "need to get better" if they wish to compete for titles at the big boy level?

Exactly. TigerDen gets it! Murphy hasn't been able to show they are capable of winning it all against teams their size in 1AA. As dogtuff said Murphy went 5-3 this year against bigger competition. I'll say it again... "mediocre". To take a page out of Gentry's playbook... maybe they just "need to get better" if they wish to compete for titles at the big boy level?
"mediocre " So we lost to mediocre teams ? By the way need a mediocre game 8/24 or 9/14

Last edited:
What type of person either starts a thread or perpetuates knocking on a team/coach (petty retaliation included)? I’ll give you a hint from experience: the exact opposite type of person that coaches or plays for Murphy football (or Hayesville, from what I’ve noticed). They don’t bitch, they don’t make excuses, they don’t accept complacency, they don’t tolerate classlessness, and they don’t self congratulate. Oh yeah, they don’t have any trophies with 1AA on them. So what?

Have a Merry Christmas.

Last edited:
Guys I am from Hayesville played there and still continue to support the football and all athletics! Do you guys really think Sam is who he says he is? When have other posters from Hayesville been on here bashing anyone? We are struggling right now but I think coach Dockery has them headed down the right path. He plays the kids that show up and work hard and the ones that don’t show up or don’t work hard their playing time reflects it. Please guys use a little sense on here and realize Sam is trying to stir the pot a little.

I think Sam has been on here a while posting as Hayesville fan, however we do have a ton of other posters that I think is Rich.lol

Because Rich is the only one I know who is obsessed with Carl Pickens. Does poor Pickens know he's talked so much about on these boards? I also think Rich created a Swain persona, Wildcat one, and a Braves.

I know he has! I have watched him spew his garbage on here for years. He makes Hayesville look bad most of the time. We know we arent playing at the top of the conference but those boys are working hard and hopefully it will pay off soon!

Reactions: TigerDen1
The credibility of some of these keyboard assailants I’m sure would be comical.

Murphy couldn't possibly disagree with the statement that they have benefited from being in 1A for the past several years? I believe the School Board making the rule that the EC couldn't participate in athletics at Murphy, therefore Murphy don't have to count them. Benefit to Murphy.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Haysville sux still sux

This is sad. I am from Hayesville. When posters like Rich spread trash about Murphy I was one of the first to speak out in support of the dogs. Now one poster, supposedly from Hayesville, pokes at Murphy and someone openly says this about Hayesville and not one person from Murphy says a thing. I guess that very sadly says a lot.

Oh, by the way. First year of the Early College caught pups off guard and they allowed some to come to murpy to play football. At playoff time the NCHSAA made murpy count the early college in their ADM. Gentry dang near had a heart attack! They lost of course in the 1AA playoffs. The School Board got on the Gentry bandwagon real quick and passed a policy that all athletes must remain at murpy if the wanted to participate!

A well known contractor from Andrews (David Higdon) did a real nice job of explaining all of this in the local paper! (no, Higdon is not from Hayesville). RITFLMBO!!

Reactions: sway1532
How could any school not benefit from being the largest school in any division ?How many state titles are won by the larger numbered school in their division ?

Oh, by the way. First year of the Early College caught pups off guard and they allowed some to come to murpy to play football. At playoff time the NCHSAA made murpy count the early college in their ADM. Gentry dang near had a heart attack! They lost of course in the 1AA playoffs. The School Board got on the Gentry bandwagon real quick and passed a policy that all athletes must remain at murpy if the wanted to participate!

A well known contractor from Andrews (David Higdon) did a real nice job of explaining all of this in the local paper! (no, Higdon is not from Hayesville). RITFLMBO!!

Once again these posters more than likely have ZERO credibility especially if they bring up that man who wrote (and I say that term loosely) that article in the paper. What. A. Joke.

Once again these posters more than likely have ZERO credibility especially if they bring up that man who wrote (and I say that term loosely) that article in the paper. What. A. Joke.

Zero credibility huh? Nobody seems to be saying my FACTS are fake news!!! I challenge anybody to prove me wrong!!!!!

How could any school not benefit from being the largest school in any division ?How many state titles are won by the larger numbered school in their division ?

This is the exact reason the 1A coaches in the east pushed for subdividing for the 2001 season. They said smaller schools could not regularly compete for state football titles. What has basically happened is the largest schools not in the AA bracket now compete for the titles. I think it only really changed the number of teams that can win a title and make the playoffs. Schools with less than 400 are not regulary competing for titles.

Zero credibility huh? Nobody seems to be saying my FACTS are fake news!!! I challenge anybody to prove me wrong!!!!!

Uh dude thats exactly what I've been saying...maybe I need to break it down to simple phonetics. But ill say it again....umm your facts are wrong and you have zero credibility. Tell me what team you coach for, how long youve been coaching, your coaching accomplishments and any of your contributions to the NCHSAA and ill shut my mouth. I can wait take your time I'm sure the list is extensive.

I would have respect for Murphy if they didn't muff their numbers just so they can get a cracker-jack-box ring...ridiculous I tell ya

Ok. I was actually there. Mr. Higdon was not. I haven’t read his article but what you’ve posted on here is not truth.

And recycled, you’re right. Hayesville coaches do a fine job and don’t deserve the criticism from people who, once again, don’t know squat.

Last edited:
Reactions: recycled2
Jea•lous (adj)-feeling or showing evny of someone else’s success.
Ex: “I wish we had as many state titles, conference championships, western regional titles and national recognition as Murphy. My self esteem can’t handle it therefore I’ll cope with lack luster accusations”

Robbinsville I thought has more state title? Maybe I'm wrong

"Murphy wouldve won 1AA in 2010. Two best teams were small that year."

No, the best team was Albemarle in 1AA. Period.

They think Murphy is Gods gift to football...I never even heard of Murphy until 2009...plus Albemarle had absolutely no drop off in talent in 2010...ask Monroe ask Mitchell ask Pender.....ask "Mt. Airy!!"

Yeah that was pretty comical. Like Albemarle was just there filling a spot lmao.

And let's face it, since some football powers came down to 1A about 20 years ago, Murphy has won nothing but small titles despite being the biggest school basically in 1A, and three over small schools in Plymouth and Jones, schools with basically less than 200 students than Murphy. Nothing with the big boys. So please stop with the best two teams in all 1A.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight... Murphy's starting quarterback next year will either be the QB from Hayesville or the kid that lives in Andrews??? I'm telling ya'... can't make this stuff up folks!

So let me get this straight... Murphy's starting quarterback next year will either be the QB from Hayesville or the kid that lives in Andrews??? I'm telling ya'... can't make this stuff up folks!

You should be more worried about whether Hayesville can get out of the cellar of the conference.

I love watching us play against you guys and watching your loyal fairweather fans heading to the parking lot in droves at halftime .

Don't you have better things to worry about like how to not lose to Towns County and Copper Basin ? What a joke Hayesville is.

Reactions: mbdfan
We are talking 2010. Albemarle was the best period. And for the records sake, they beat Pender by a touchdown more than WRH did. So you have no debate. Sorry, that's the facts.

So is this true, the Murphy qb for next year will either be from Haysville or Andrews? What is there an open tryout being held lol?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT