ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Eastern Randolph

Murphy played Thomasville in '05, not '06. Murphy played Mount Airy in the 2nd round of the playoffs in '05, beat them at home. Mount Airy returned the favor and beat Murphy in the playoffs in '06, in the 2nd round maybe, can't remember.
If I recall last time Murphy play mt airy in playoffs it was in 4th round ma won then played tarboro, and tarboro didn't let them cross 50 but 3 times

Wouldn't say they really have one single stand out above the others player. Just a good solid team with pretty good players at every position.
Me either. Skill wise they have a really good RB as well as a very good RB. QB can spin it nicely while running very well. (had like an 86 yard rub against Williams and fumbled at the 4 I think) Receiver wise one really good one and another very good one. Tight end has a ton of big catches as well. OL, as has been posted, is very large and despite one poster's odd interpretation of video, extremely quick.
Defensively the DL is well above average and quick. LB do get to the ball quickly as well. DBs did struggle last week, hopefully that was an anomaly and the rust has been wiped away.

Hard to focus on stopping one facet of their game because they seem to have a good balance.

Was going to just bump this back up in case Purple and Tville wanted to go to barking again but got wordy...
Sorry

Last edited:
Me either. Skill wise they have a really good RB as well as a very good RB. QB can spin it nicely while running very well. (had like an 86 yard rub against Williams and fumbled at the 4 I think) Receiver wise one really good one and another very good one. Tight end has a ton of big catches as well. OL, as has been posted, is very large and despite one poster's odd interpretation of video, extremely quick.
Defensively the DL is well above average and quick. LB do get to the ball quickly as well. DBs did struggle last week, hopefully that was an anomaly and the rust has been wiped away.

Hard to focus on stopping one facet of their game because they seem to have a good balance.

Was going to just bump this back up in case Purple and Tville wanted to go to barking again but got wordy...
Sorry
I ain't gonna get wordy I am going to ignore that idiot Tville from here out, good post!

Reactions: thekidd12
The games still have to be played, I don’t disagree. Defense win championships and MA has one.
Very impressed with MA defense has given up less points than any team I can find, gonna be tough for whoever faces them next week, hard for me to say but true lol

I used to be there all the time. My wife enjoys games as much as I do. She can’t stand the cold anymore. When you don’t have a youngun running around out there not quite the same. Broadcast on Sportstone is very good and I can even hear the same loud voices in crowd.
If I was going I would love to meet and talk. Even got deer cam pics on phone, along with every big one I ever knocked down too. This time of year show them more than shots of my children.
I am sure Chute will be there. He’s a lot younger than me.
Be safe on the ride though. I know it’s a long one.
Yep, I will definitely be in the house.

Safe travels to everyone from Murphy y'all are probably leaving right about now to hit the road. 🤣 Hoping for a good competitive enjoyable football game but hopefully not more enjoyable for visiting team than home team.
Just passed two busses and a band trailer between Andrews and Murphy. Looks like you were right haha.

In town this weekend from work in Philly, gonna head down and watch this one tonight. Passing up on my Bears and even the pilot cards and Monroe to make the hour and half ride from the granite city to the suburbs of Ramsuer to see this highly touted ER squad. Watched some film on ER, Lilly looks like the real deal. Reminds me of A combination of Johnathon Smith of the bears a couple years back but cuts like bears back this year. A back like Lilly must have a heck of a line up front to rack up numbers like this. QB looks like a load. What’s the d look like? Everyone shows off those offensive highlights but rarely show the d. I know Murphy will bring a heavy chip and a whole lotta tradition tonight. They appear to be overmatched but I can remember rolling in to Ablemarle years past thinking the same thing. Very fun Match up. Any where to get a sandwich or food close to the field or do we need to stop somewhere in Greensboro on the way down? Good luck to both teams for a injury free game and hopefully a instant classic

In town this weekend from work in Philly, gonna head down and watch this one tonight. Passing up on my Bears and even the pilot cards and Monroe to make the hour and half ride from the granite city to the suburbs of Ramsuer to see this highly touted ER squad. Watched some film on ER, Lilly looks like the real deal. Reminds me of A combination of Johnathon Smith of the bears a couple years back but cuts like bears back this year. A back like Lilly must have a heck of a line up front to rack up numbers like this. QB looks like a load. What’s the d look like? Everyone shows off those offensive highlights but rarely show the d. I know Murphy will bring a heavy chip and a whole lotta tradition tonight. They appear to be overmatched but I can remember rolling in to Ablemarle years past thinking the same thing. Very fun Match up. Any where to get a sandwich or food close to the field or do we need to stop somewhere in Greensboro on the way down? Good luck to both teams for a injury free game and hopefully a instant classic
Chute mentioned some good places above. Ramseur country diner and shortstops. Mexican food, Chinese food, Italian food all within eyesight of each other. McDonald's, burger king, bojangles closer to the high school. Other than that greensboro or asheboro it is.

Chute mentioned some good places above. Ramseur country diner and shortstops. Mexican food, Chinese food, Italian food all within eyesight of each other. McDonald's, burger king, bojangles closer to the high school. Other than that greensboro or asheboro it is.
If you had to pick just one which would it be?

Lilly reminds me of Smith as well. Smith was a good, good back. Is he playing anywhere now?

The ER D is not quite as big up front. However, they are fast, aggressive, and balanced. They have a middle linebacker that will not hesitate to pop you. Did struggle in the secondary a little last week but hopefully that was a one-game thing.

G, if you do stop in Greensboro (and you're in the mood for a sub), I highly highly recommend Lock, Stock, and Bagel off Battleground Avenue.

Reactions: gdawg74
Buzz ,
you can count me in next Friday night if the bears are fortunate enough to pick up the win tonight. Will def have the ear buds in listening to Kelly and Tommy on WSYD

Since everyone else seems to be going west and are going to freeze and not be able to handle cold weather, I guess Murphy will wear their warm weather uniforms coming to the warm sunny Piedmont area.
And don’t forget the heat put off by all those streetlights near Eastern Randolph…
Like a sauna up in here…

You should take them down that road to the baseball field. I do remember one night in legion someone told us we could take our charter bus down there, we got down just wasn't sure we were getting out.
You’re right. Going down ain’t bad. It’s a pretty good climb getting back out though.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Is there anyway to watch this game on T V? Sorry if it’s already been discussed.
Eastern Randolph broadcast their games on NFHS Network. A subscription is $10.99 a month but you can also watch any other game or sport you want if your school participates.

Reactions: thekidd12
Eastern Randolph broadcast their games on NFHS Network. A subscription is $10.99 a month but you can also watch any other game or sport you want if your school participates.

See I don’t do link thingy but I knew what it was called 👍

Lilly reminds me of Smith as well. Smith was a good, good back. Is he playing anywhere now?

The ER D is not quite as big up front. However, they are fast, aggressive, and balanced. They have a middle linebacker that will not hesitate to pop you. Did struggle in the secondary a little last week but hopefully that was a one-game thing.

G, if you do stop in Greensboro (and you're in the mood for a sub), I highly highly recommend Lock, Stock, and Bagel off Battleground Avenue.
Stamey’s BBQ……

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT