ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Eastern Randolph

Watching film, even the digital kind, may give a glimpse into possible advantages but often times it simply comes down to matchups. In football specifically good lines, both offensively and defensively, can be the difference.
I agree 100% and that's why I give Eastern Randolph the edge, this Murphy team lacks upfront. Sure it's hard to say for certain how good Eastern Randolph really is just from film and clips but the size and skill talent still shines through. Its hard to beat a talented team like you have if you aren't really good upfront and this Murphy team has demonstrated all season that the line isnt up to Murphy standards. I hope Murphy's kids come out and make me look like a fool Friday night for saying that but all I have to go by is what they've shown me thus far.

Reactions: thekidd12
I agree 100% and that's why I give Eastern Randolph the edge, this Murphy team lacks upfront. Sure it's hard to say for certain how good Eastern Randolph really is just from film and clips but the size and skill talent still shines through. Its hard to beat a talented team like you have if you aren't really good upfront and this Murphy team has demonstrated all season that the line isnt up to Murphy standards. I hope Murphy's kids come out and make me look like a fool Friday night for saying that but all I have to go by is what they've shown me thus far, and it's championship level football and that's what it looks like it will take to beat ER.
Until they're beat they're defending state champs go Bulldogs

Reactions: wncbowhunter
What’s your daughters number and position she plays on the team…what you gonna do if I did come to that cow pasture you call a football field?
You wont come you are a poster not a real life fan that shows up for games, the guy that said probably only 50 fans shows is probably right it's a shame you should come but you probably won't all you do is talk S on here I ain't missed a Mitchell Game in 12 years so HURA

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Sorry have to add a postscript: Apparently year and round was wrong on a Mt Airy loss.
And Purple and Tville are having a war of words which escalated rather quickly...
Goodnight all...
Wonder what tomorrow will bring?
Tville seems to be a poor sport lol

Alright, back to the actual game......

I've been watching a little bit of Murphy on the Youtube. They do some neat things on offense. What I like most about the Bulldogs is that they have more than a few guys that can do a variety of stuff. Peyton McCraken's fun to watch. Kellen Rumfelt, the QB, also stands out. He's got good pocket awareness.

Is it Friday yet?

You guys have done well today...
For those not wishing to read all of today's posts let's see:
There was talk of Eastern Randolph being huge favorite to win this Friday...
Another poster talked of how the HUGE OL and QB of ER are slow so speed is definitely not an asset...
One poster can't wait for ER to meet up against three others (leading to another feeling slighted)...
Purple and Tville showed up (Purple talking how defending champs going to win and Tville going down memory lane)
And Buzz stopped by to give all a reminder of how Mt Airy did once way back in 06...
Finally a mention of a flu game situation (which I did find interesting)...
Almost forgot one ER poster hoped all would keep thinking HUGE ER QB is slow and another (me) posting laughing faces.
Thanks to all who participated...
This is a message board ace!

Reactions: Purple1995
Ole Nole don’t like to mention Robbinsville much……
Actually I’ve talked about Robbinsville plenty on here and have even picked them to win the conference and state a handful of times. I didn’t mention them in this thread simply because I don’t think they can beat ER, just like I didn’t mention Murphy either. Paranoid much?

Actually I’ve talked about Robbinsville plenty on here and have even picked them to win the conference and state a handful of times. I didn’t mention them in this thread simply because I don’t think they can beat ER, just like I didn’t mention Murphy either. Paranoid much?
Paranoid about what… as far as I’m concerned anyone can win on any given night. That includes Murphy.

Hey Ace, you going to be at the game Fri night lol? You and Chute seem like good people... Wouldn't mind meeting either of you guys and talking football or deer hunting a few minutes.
I used to be there all the time. My wife enjoys games as much as I do. She can’t stand the cold anymore. When you don’t have a youngun running around out there not quite the same. Broadcast on Sportstone is very good and I can even hear the same loud voices in crowd.
If I was going I would love to meet and talk. Even got deer cam pics on phone, along with every big one I ever knocked down too. This time of year show them more than shots of my children.
I am sure Chute will be there. He’s a lot younger than me.
Be safe on the ride though. I know it’s a long one.

Paranoid about what… as far as I’m concerned anyone can win on any given night. That includes Murphy.
Seems like you are implying that I’m leaving Robbinsville out on purpose. Not the case. I would say that last year’s Robbinsville team would have a great shot (especially at the Big Oaks) against this ER team. I just don’t see it this year because 1) Robbinsville isn’t as good as they were last year and 2) the game this year will be at ER. Different animal playing a team like this on the road. Sure anyone can win on any given night (that’s why they play the game and your boys will likely get their shot if they can take care of North Rowan), but after watching a little film on ER and looking at their skill talent, I don’t see but a small handful of teams in 1a this year that can realistically expect to play with them barring something crazy.

Seems like you are implying that I’m leaving Robbinsville out on purpose. Not the case. I would say that last year’s Robbinsville team would have a great shot (especially at the Big Oaks) against this ER team. I just don’t see it this year because 1) Robbinsville isn’t as good as they were last year and 2) the game this year will be at ER. Different animal playing a team like this on the road. Sure anyone can win on any given night (that’s why they play the game and your boys will likely get their shot if they can take care of North Rowan), but after watching a little film on ER and looking at their skill talent, I don’t see but a small handful of teams in 1a this year that can realistically expect to play with them barring something crazy.
Robbinsville is a lot better football team than they were when they played Murphy. They played Murphy with 2 great players out and still managed to win that game. They seem to really be meshing right now. Both playoff wins were dominating performances. I know you can’t really count the first round but that team gave us all we wanted in the spring. And Cherokee beat us earlier this year. It’s gonna be interesting. But mainly what I mean by the post is regardless of how Murphy has looked this season, then boys are 3 or 4 rounds deep in the playoffs every year. They know what it takes to win games and they rise to the occasion more times than not. Don’t count the knights or the dogs out yet. These teams come alive for the playoffs.

Robbinsville is a lot better football team than they were when they played Murphy. They played Murphy with 2 great players out and still managed to win that game. They seem to really be meshing right now. Both playoff wins were dominating performances. I know you can’t really count the first round but that team gave us all we wanted in the spring. And Cherokee beat us earlier this year. It’s gonna be interesting. But mainly what I mean by the post is regardless of how Murphy has looked this season, then boys are 3 or 4 rounds deep in the playoffs every year. They know what it takes to win games and they rise to the occasion more times than not. Don’t count the knights or the dogs out yet. These teams come alive for the playoffs.
I think Robbinsville honestly could end up in the regional finals

That qb for Murphy is his dad a preacher? If so I met him at Mitchell a few years back, great guy

Reactions: BK13T-$
I hear ya and I hope they both continue to do what they usually do in the playoffs. That ER team looks scary good though, so it’s gonna be tough for sure. I hope we get another Black Friday game between Robbinsville and Murphy next week (won’t know what to do without a game after Thanksgiving…it’s been a while) but if not (if Murphy loses and Robbinsville wins this week), I’ll be pulling for the Knights to bring it back to the SMC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT