ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Eastern Randolph

After watching some highlights of ER on YouTube, it’s gonna be a tall order for Murphy just to keep it close. Murphy has had some past teams that could play with them, but I don’t think this one can. ER looks really good. I can’t wait to see how Mt. Airy, Thomasville, and Tarboro stack up against them.
Getting a little ahead of yourself ain't you? Thomasville hasn't moved on yet lol

I saw that in 06 Thomasville beat Murphy 41-0 I honestly forgot that one, I got a new one for you when Mitchell beat Thomasville in 2021 35-14
What's with Tville insults calling names, I bet a Benjamin he ain't one of the 50 that rolls into Mitchell fri night probably listen on the radio

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Thomasville beat them 41-0 you stupid clown…for the western championship..put that in your pipe and smoke it,you don’t know jack 💩
Thomasville would've won pretty comfortably regardless, they had one of the best teams I've ever seen in 1A that season, but half of Murphy's team had the flu the week of that game. That Murphy team had a few weaknesses, so Thomasville was always going to win with the juggernaut squad they had, but I do think it would've been a little closer game with different circumstances.

Last edited:
Thomasville would've won pretty comfortably regardless, they had one of the best teams I've ever seen in 1A that season but half of Murphy's team had the flu the week of that game. That Murphy team had clear weaknesses, but I do think it would've been a little closer game with different circumstances.
Thank God some reasoning this Tville is a smartypants

Reactions: Maiden Creek
You guys have done well today...
For those not wishing to read all of today's posts let's see:
There was talk of Eastern Randolph being huge favorite to win this Friday...
Another poster talked of how the HUGE OL and QB of ER are slow so speed is definitely not an asset...
One poster can't wait for ER to meet up against three others (leading to another feeling slighted)...
Purple and Tville showed up (Purple talking how defending champs going to win and Tville going down memory lane)
And Buzz stopped by to give all a reminder of how Mt Airy did once way back in 06...
Finally a mention of a flu game situation (which I did find interesting)...
Almost forgot one ER poster hoped all would keep thinking HUGE ER QB is slow and another (me) posting laughing faces.
Thanks to all who participated...

Another poster talked of how the HUGE OL and QB of ER are slow so speed is definitely not an asset...
One poster can't wait for ER to meet up against three others (leading to another feeling slighted)...
Purple and Tville showed up (Purple talking how defending champs going to win and Tville going down memory lane)
And Buzz stopped by to give all a reminder of how Mt Airy did once way back in 06...
Almost forgot one ER poster hoped all would keep thinking HUGE ER QB is slow and another (me) posting laughing faces.
Don't feel bad nobody from the East can post anything without getting ridiculed about how trash it is

Yeah you cant make this shit up lol it's fun though

After watching some highlights of ER on YouTube, it’s gonna be a tall order for Murphy just to keep it close. Murphy has had some past teams that could play with them, but I don’t think this one can. ER looks really good. I can’t wait to see how Mt. Airy, Thomasville, and Tarboro stack up against them.
Eastern Randolph remind me quite a bit of the North Stanly team Murphy played in '17, which was loaded and a team Murphy was a bit fortunate to beat that year, if North had been better coached I don't think Murphy would have beat them. I would've loved to seen North Stanly and Mount Airy play that season, North matched up better with MA than Murphy did. Murphy has had teams that could beat this Eastern Randolph squad based on what I've seen, but I agree nole, this Murphy team unfortunately isnt one of them in my opinion, too many holes with this Murphy squad.

Last edited:
Damn right I am when I get pushed….I’ll tell you what…I got x amount of dollars in my bank account that says you wouldn’t draw blood on me…kid

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
Damn right I am when I get pushed….I’ll tell you what…I got x amount of dollars in my bank account that says you wouldn’t draw blood on me…kid
You started it calling me peckerhead a week or so back if you cant take it log out I'm laughing right now you ain't this is supposed to be for fun dude

Eastern Randolph remind me quite a bit of the North Stanly team Murphy played in '17, which was loaded and a team Murphy was a bit fortunate to beat that year. I would've loved to seen North Stanly and Mount Airy play that season, North matched up better with MA than Murphy did that year. Murphy has had teams that could beat this Eastern Randolph squad based on what I've seen but I agree with you nole, this isnt one of them, too many holes in this Murphy lineup.
No one really knows what will happen when teenagers line up and play on any given Friday night. You can guess maybe if they have common opponents but even that can be misleading sometimes. Watching film, even the digital kind, may give a glimpse into possible advantages but often times it simply comes down to matchups. In football specifically good lines, both offensively and defensively, can be the difference. When my youngest played all I hoped for going into a game was that he came out the other end healthy and if ER won said game it was a bonus. Much more for him than me. Safe trip for all parents and players coming to Ramseur.

They beat MA in 06 in western finals 28-14.MA was # 6 seed THS #1
Murphy played Thomasville in '05, not '06. Murphy played Mount Airy in the 2nd round of the playoffs in '05, beat them at home. Mount Airy returned the favor and beat Murphy in the playoffs in '06, in the 2nd round maybe, can't remember.

Last edited:
Your young enough to have a kid on the team I know that…so I’m guessing I have kids your age..kid

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT