ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy Ashe County

Off topic but I was working in Mount Airy today and I was shocked at how big of a town it is. It’s a very nice place.
Back in the textile days it was a bustling little town like most others. Now just a tourist town with a restaurant everywhere

Back in the textile days it was a bustling little town like most others. Now just a tourist town with a restaurant everywhere
That’s what suprised me was the number of restaurants. I had lunch at Coaches.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Who ya work for Tarvikes don't mind me asking are you guys taking down old koozies building if so thanks need keep going get the big red one down road to tired looking at them old eye sores

Off topic but I was working in Mount Airy today and I was shocked at how big of a town it is. It’s a very nice place.
I have family in Mt Airy. I worked for a month or so in Surry County a few years back salvaging old barns and buildings. Nice people in the area.

Reactions: REWhitley
The problem with replacing some of the schools on Mt AIry's schedule begins with: with whom?
It is the age old problem: Your a 2A, 3A or 4A school and you take the real chance of getting beat, many times badly.
Mt Airy use to play North Iredell when they had Charles Love and were really good. One of those years they were ranked 3rd in NC 3A. That series ended 2 and 2.
Couple of years ago we went to Eden and came back with a resounding win. No more games that direction.
So who would we replace them with?
Has Mt Airy ever played Bluefield, WV? Just curious and be all interstate to travel. I think Bluefield traveled down to play Charlotte Catholic once? Bluefield is a really strong AA program in West Virginia. They play all kind of Va schools. Just curious is why I asked.

If I was betting man that's probably not the plan that's probably reason they didn't play this week in which almost back fired

I'm glad Bears received challenge the Freshmen Martin kid is going to be a complete Beast for Mt Airy next 3 years

It was last year or year before that so top notch coach, maybe Mac Brown, said "sometimes you have to win ugly games".
Last night, the Mt Airy game was pure ugly, team was not ready to play, no intensity, no purpose, not much of anything UNTIL the incomplete incompetence of the officials woke them up. Bless those guys efforts.

Understand, those officials were not for one team or the other, they just had a night that was HORRIBLE. It was when Tyler Mason had scored a 50 odd yard TD run and the officials called it back to about the 40. No flag. No one contested the play. No one heard a whistle. But the head official said there had been an unintental whistle.

That call seemed to wake the Bear players up, they scored two plays later and went on to won 51-to whatever.
Lets just say I guess a win is a win, but I take my hat off to Ashe County whom played their hearts out, looked well coached, much faster than I would have thought. They are progressing.

For Mt Airy, the coaches really need to figure some things out, and we need to get some people healthy FAST.

Refs were very inconsistent all night. That back judge had his flag in launch mode from the beginning. He could spot a hold from 30 yards away thru a crowd of players. And what exactly is pass interferance I don't think they know.if you make a good play it was interferance but if a guy tackles the receiver no call. Hats off to Ashe. Qb and receivers were sharp. 4 turnovers and 5 pass interferance calls aided Ashe to keep score close.

Hope MA player that left in ambulance is ok. His body language didn't look good.

Just a nobody that watched the game last night. Not really affiliated with either team but I do know some of the coaching staff from both groups. Went to game expected a quick blow out that never occurred until 4th qtr. MA seemed in control the first half and never thought Ashe could win. Thoughts changed in 3rd qtr... #4 Kept Ashe in game really poised in pocket and threw a great ball to open receiver. MA's DBs seem to struggle all night. Ashe has some really good athletic receivers. I found out MA's D1 pass rusher was out so that could have made a difference. Also was impressed with Ashe RB.... In regards to MA #5 makes you hold your breath feeling like he can break everything on any play. Loved #4 running the ball especially when I heard he was a freshman. To me #15 is the heart and soul of the team. Made some mistakes in the first half but that young man goes all out. Throws a good ball even though they run the triple offense and don't throw much. Not many times do we get to see someone run the ball from the QB spot and play middle linebacker on defense. Tough kid. That said #21 needs need get the ball more... he is a playmaker.

Not sure if sbbb is a Mt.Airy fan but read his 1st post on this thread...read buzzcoach's early reply saying that "Ashe is an hr and a half away and that surely MT.Airy could schedule better competition"....yeah i made it up dummies...yall talk so much you cant remember what your own mouths spew out. Remember you wanted to replace Surry Central just last week...let me guess..i made that up too...Wack Dudes!!

Started what? I just quoted what your post said...you may not have started it..but you may have supported it..

Not sure if sbbb is a Mt.Airy fan but read his 1st post on this thread...read buzzcoach's early reply saying that "Ashe is an hr and a half away and that surely MT.Airy could schedule better competition"....yeah i made it up dummies...yall talk so much you cant remember what your own mouths spew out. Remember you wanted to replace Surry Central just last week...let me guess..i made that up too...Wack Dudes!!
I would still like to schedule someone different. Central hasn't given us but one good game in 20 years. And when is the last time that Ashe beat us.

Point taken. MA has a strong program. Gonna be tough to take county schools off of the schedule even if its not competitive unless youre county is the size of Mecklenburg, Wake, or Guilford.

Bears just lost to Central in ‘15 20-0…..not sure you’ll see them come off the schedule….IMO I hope we keep Ashe or someone compatible…..playing a passing team (that can actually pass) helps you prepare for both aspects (run/pass)….in the 3Q they went on a 22-0 run…Bears responded which was big on their part….

It took MA getting mad at the officials calls got them motivated. Have got to be better prepared and more disciplined. #15 ran like he was on a mission

It took MA getting mad at the officials calls got them motivated. Have got to be better prepared and more disciplined. #15 ran like he was on a mission
By better disciplined you me position wise on coverage on the field right. Dont remember any unsportsmanlike penalties during the game. Just don't want people confused.

By better disciplined you me position wise on coverage on the field right. Dont remember any unsportsmanlike penalties during the game. Just don't want people confused.
And penaltys even though alot we're bad calls by refs. Ashe held #59 all night. Discipline in having team prepared and ready to play at start of game. MA was very flat until end of 3rd qrt. But they are teen age boys.

WAs 52-29 and MA played horrible with key starters out. Would like to see us schedule someone different.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Gosh Coach's has gotten terrible over the last few years.

There may be a decent amount of restaurants but I don't feel there are certainly many high quality ones .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT