ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy Vs. N Surry

I just wish the "ESCARD" somebody would drop the name and not be ashamed of being a greyhound, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That's neither here nor there. These games are always close regardless of age , talent level, weather or whatever else the loser wants to blame. I don't have a dog in this fight but I'd never pull for ma so gimme the greydogs by 2 touchdowns.
I went to North but my kids go to East. Just so you know.

MA BEARMAN,
It just hit me why Mount Airy is so hated by two local school's. If I was a fan of one of the largest 1A school's in the state and lost 9 of the last 12 games to a school 2/3 our size, I'd be mad also.
As for North a school that's near twice the size of MA, and to have not beat them sense 2006. I'd be pissed at any MA fan's.
As stated before if North don't do it Friday night it might be another 9 yrs before they get another shot.
No you got it wrong. We don't hate all Bear fans. Just the small group that acts like they where on the field and had something to do with it when they win. And are quick to blame, school size, refs, weather, youth, dirty play, or whatever it is this time when they loose. I think you know the small group I'm talking about.

I predicted north to beat east but I was wrong. I haven't made any excuses North just had problems stopping East run game when they needed to. I expect the Bears to have a better run game then East. So if the hounds haven't fixed some things this week it could get ugly. North's O can't score if they're not on the field. But if the Bears don't contain Norths QB he will put up a lot of points. I've got North by a score of 30 to 13. But I've been wrong before. Haha.

No you got it wrong. We don't hate all Bear fans. Just the small group that acts like they where on the field and had something to do with it when they win. And are quick to blame, school size, refs, weather, youth, dirty play, or whatever it is this time when they loose. I think you know the small group I'm talking about.
There is a few from most of the schools that do that Not just the group you are referring to . There is 2 or three that tries their best to make some mad so they will lose there cool. I for one will ignore those this year and just do the scores and have some clean fun. If someone wants to start crap then I will just do scores and put them on ignore. :)

Last edited:
There is a few from most of the schools that do that Not just the group you are referring to . There is 2 or three that tries their best to make some made so they will lose there cool. I for one will ignore those this year and just do the scores and have some clean fun. If someone wants to start crap then I will just do scores and put them on ignore. :)
I actually don't have a dog in this fight. Like I said my kids go to east. I just like poking the bear. Haha. Good clean debating no name calling and being disrespectful. Mt Airy has one of the best coaches in the area and they will be tough to beat.

nice gesture from the kids at north this morning......lowering the flags to half staff in honor of the cubs even before the 42- 14 azzzzz whooping...

photo i dont blame you ...i wouldnt go to the game either......youve had a year to charge those batteries.....

Prayers from Pilot Mtn. Sorry for the loss of Coach Bobbitt. Didn't know him but have heard nothing but praise about him and how he was with the kids. Today is bigger than MA vs NS and ES vs WS. Today we remember what it was like 14 years ago for our country to be attacked by those that hate us more than we act like we hate each other on here. Today I'm an American. Thanks to all whom have served and have paid the ultimate sacrifice for my freedoms. God bless America!!

get this straight the ONLY people i will ever disrespect is stupid ass MA fans like you and about three other DH on here...

Well you Bears ask for some junk talk and you getting it. I'm going with the Bears in this one but depth could be a factor. In the West Stokes game the Bears ran out of gas at the end. It could come down to the kickers and the edge goes to Mt Airy. On a side note how does West Stokes match up with East Surry for you guys that have seen both?

KB they cant handle me...stooping as low to think im disrespecting someone that was dear to our family....ill be banned AGAIN im sure...cant step on the bears claws...but getting back to FB after last weeks kicking game dont think that will happen again this week...as far as ws-es always a good game ...flip a coin

The way you said it comes across that you are talking about Coach Bobbitt. So either that or the fact that it is 9/11 and you referenced the fact that the flags were lowered for the beating that MA is going to take. When in fact they're lowered for the thousands that have lost their lives. Anyways back to football...

As long as North does not beat themselves before they take the field I see them winning this one by two scores. I think North will be too much for MA in the end. 32-20 North

Last edited:
AGAIN my interpertation of the flag lowered was for a ass whooping......it can mean anything you guys want it to mean...but dont use your opinion as for what it ment

Sir I have not been to any games in 3 year and if I had wanted to go believe me I would be there with my camera. When the school you are playing is i a higher class as NS is 2A and MA is 1A and NS is about 3 times your size and only managed to win 1 game by 1 point 27 to 26 then your mind set is more on the we will win side then we will lose side. Around game time I will post the scores from the last 11 years with that only win by NS in 11 years.Several of those years NS was picked heavy to win. I will tell you one thing and that is neither team will quit no mater what the score is till the game is over. This game is always a SRO game. No matter who is winning I will be posting the score on here . Have a good day ! :D !

Last edited:
Mt. Airy vs N. Surry Last 11 NCprep History for Years 2004 to 2014
Bears 10 wins 1 lose With that record no Bear wants to be on the losing end.

2004-- MA 21 -- NS 7

2005--- MA 27-- NS 3

2006-- MA 26 -- NS 27

2007-- MA 34 -- NS 14

2008-- MA 48 -- NS 20 Bears State 1A Champions Won over Williamston 37-14 16 wins 0 loses

2009--MA 66 -- NS 00 Bears State Runner Up Lost in OT to Wallace Rose Hill L37 38ot 15 W & 1 L

2010-- MA 37 -- NS 7

2011-- MA 53 -- NS 33

2012-- MA 24 -- NS 3

2013-- MA 30 -- NS 27 OT

2014--MA 35 -- NS 28
This could be the year of The Greyhound pulling off a rare win but wouldn't put my money on them !

photo die hard bears fan that hasnt been to a game in 3years. damn bro

you guys crack me up with all these bull crap numbers you throw out. Mt. Airy has around 545 and East has around 570 kids while North has 880. So if East is one of the biggest 1a schools in the state. i guess Mt Airy is to. East sure isn't 1/3 bigger and North isn't 3 times bigger. on top of that i wonder how many Mt Airy non ath go to the charter school. you probably should be around 625 kids.

Well imagine that Kingbluedevil is going against North again. Isn't there a West Stokes post you should be on somewhere.

You also like to keep throwing out North's depth will be hard to over come. Well last i checked North has 36 players on their roster and Mt Airy has 31 I'm sure the 5 extra players are going to make a difference tonight!!!

KW23 & backhomeyay I am 65 years old with diabetes and other several other related health problem. I have my good and bad days. I am trying my best to be nice this year. They're is probably more die hard fans out there that don't or can't make it to their schools games than go to the games. But I can tell you this I have not missed a Bear game on WPAQ and posted the scores. I have even posted scores for your Alleghany team if you are who I think you are and all the teams in 3 conferences . Also I have never put you or your team down but I sure could rub it in this year after your 0 & 3 start following that great run Alleghany had last year . Hope they turn it around and have a better year. I am just posting facts to the Bear haters and will not get in a knock down drag out negative conversation. Have a good day my friend ! :)

you guys crack me up with all these bull crap numbers you throw out. Mt. Airy has around 545 and East has around 570 kids while North has 880. So if East is one of the biggest 1a schools in the state. i guess Mt Airy is to. East sure isn't 1/3 bigger and North isn't 3 times bigger. on top of that i wonder how many Mt Airy non ath go to the charter school. you probably should be around 625 kids.
2014 ADMS Mount Airy 533 , E.Surry 642 & N.Surry 900 .. East is climbing a little each year , NS seems to be staying steady and MA dropped from 580 in 2013 to 533 in 2014 and rummer is they will keep dropping even more sense in city Millennium Charter Academy has a K12 now and it is in their plans to have sports. But them not haveing sports yet has nothing to do with ADMs http://www.mcacademy.com/high-school.html

You also like to keep throwing out North's depth will be hard to over come. Well last i checked North has 36 players on their roster and Mt Airy has 31 I'm sure the 5 extra players are going to make a difference tonight!!!
Mount Airy must have brought some up from JV because The Mount Airy News had them at 25 in the pre-season special section , NS around 33 and E. Surry at 33 .. So all 3 teams may have added from there JV teams . Looks like you got your info from a competing website which has Mt. Airy at 33 ES at 40 and NS at 33 ... http://mtairynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/MTA082815S.pdf

Last edited:
I got my enrollment info straight from Mt. Airy and East Surry's offical website. I got my roster numbers from Max Preps. And yes having the Charter school does affect ADMs there is kids that go to that school that don't play sports. If that school closes most of them would be at Mt. Airy causing enrollment numbers to go up but not the number of Athletes.

Mount Airy & North Surry are 2 schools about 4 miles apart Mount Airy in the city and North Surry about 1 mile outside the city limits and they play hard as this game is always the talk of the town all week because their parents and friends work together and go to some of the same Churches together and the kids see each other around town all week. So this post is to wish both teams good luck tonight in I pray for an injury free game.

Last edited:
Reactions: footballstar_17
I have a question for the bear historians.What are the results from 1985 thru 1999? If you guys want to bring up irrelevant history pertaining to tonights game then please list these stats also. I also cannot understand how you bear fans can dismiss this senior class of bears by saying this should be our year and then the bears will win the next few years. That is disrespectful to those kids that will play their hearts out tonight.I for one respect your senior class of players and wish them well.I will now be waiting for those results to be posted or will they be dismissed along with your senior class of bears.LET THE BACKTRACKING AND INSULTS BEGIN TO FLY!

ESCard which game you going to? I would hope you would go watch your beloved Cards they may need your support tonight. West should be ready after last year. I'm just going with the percentages on the Mt Airy game and knowing how good the Mt Airy defense is. I was not impressed with the Bears offense and last weeks score was against a weak team. Bears in a close one.

Why does everyone give photo a hard time. He is normally logical and respectful in his posts. Speaking of logic, I'll add some of mine. I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the teams in the area as I usually go and support someone from Wilkes/Surry/Yadkin nearly every week...

I fully expect a good game. MA has a solid D Line. If they can regularly apply pressure to NS QB and contain him (he's a good one) then they have a shot. I do feel like, this year, MA has more keys to a win than NS does. Accord is a great athlete and will get yards at WR. NS has a solid RB in Smith and has plenty of options to spread the ball around to. NS loves throw it around and would love to get MA in a track meet. MA isn't nearly as quick as they usually are and aren't really built to score quickly but make no mistake MA still has athletes that can take it to the house. Rainey is a good back and having a Holder under center never hurts.

I think NS wins by at least 10 points. Not that I want them to however a MA win would not surprise me in the least. Both teams will be ready. See yall there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT