ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy Vs. N Surry

MA BEARMAN

Oct 31, 2012
Why no talk in this game. This is best North team I have seen in a while. Don't know if BEARS have enough offense to keep up.

And plz coach Holder stop that stupid motorcycle leading the team out on field. We all think it's stupid and it's not tradition. And how about running the 3 back Bear set some lol.

North had problems stopping East's run game. Not a lot of big plays but first downs. Mt Airy's run game looked impressive against Elkin. I think that will be the deciding factor. Can Mt Airy run, or can North stop the run. North will put points up but their offense has to be on the field to do it.

North looked really good and i have only saw bits and pieces of film on ma. If ma's defense doesnt get after the qb it could be a long game for the bears. Honestly North ran the ball a lot more than advertised Saturday and #22 was a handful at times. It should be another close one.

The qb for North is scary good to just be a junior. 22 also just a junior. I believe i would rather keep him in the pocket throwing it. When he gets his feet moving he is hard to deal with.

I think that North has one of the best teams I have seen in years and with that said and you can correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the group of kids for the Bears that I have been reading on preps about for the last couple of years.I know that I used to read about this class and they were supposed to be great when they got to varsity and looking at the roster.....here they are! So good luck to both teams and no injuries and let's see a really good game and just like last year, NO EXCUSES let's not take anything away from the kids on the winning team.

North should roll the Bears pretty good in this one just on depth alone.

These games are always interesting though, so we'll see.

Will be a great game, can't wait to see this Friday Night!
North Surry 35
Mount Airy 24

ESCard kills me

Thanks WPACfan. These post have been boring so far this year. I'm just trying to stir them up a bit. Haha. Usually it doesn't take much to get them bear fans bent out of shape.

the soph class has the potential to be very good down the road.....but the freshmen class is loaded also.....Bears in good shape for a few years...as for Friday, it has and always will be a good game that puts a lot of people in the stands....Norths "O" has been impressive early on and their "D" played ok at times vs East.....in this game it's mistakes and breaks.....is it Friday yet??

How about doing a combined score.
Unless you are an outsider, you going to pick your school. Regardless of there ability.
I pick a combined score of 38

Combined score. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Nobody cares about the score it's all about the W

What I'm saying is it doesn't matter if North wins 45 to 0 or if they win 7 to 6. As long as everybody realizes that they're going to win. I ask Bareman for his prediction but for some reason he is being awful quite this year.

I am ready for some football. Tomorrow night will be no excuses Friday. I keep reading how young Mount Airy is and they only have 8 seniors,well North Surry has 10 and they start 13 underclassmen,15 if you count the kicker and punter. I can't understand why I'm not hearing more talk about the game.I don't know why anyone hasn't played the "YOUTH" card about the Greyhounds as young as we are.

esc ...im sure you was at the game sat.....if you was MA wouldnt you be quite too....east is one BS interference call from having a loss themself...MA is not on even on the same level as ES or NS

Well somebody has to say it. Maybe the Bears fans are at Veterans Park waiting for the Fair to open.

With the JV game canceled does this mean MA can play some JV kids Friday night, And it not count on the "quarter rule"?

Sorry I just remembered the thunder storm several hours ago. Been inside all day and just remembered hearing thunder.

I don't get the ccommen e that MA not in north or east class. Bears D better.than Es or NS I HAVE SEEN ALL. If north don't win this year they want for next 3. Every time north favored MA WINS JUST SAYIN

I just wish the "ESCARD" somebody would drop the name and not be ashamed of being a greyhound, but imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. That's neither here nor there. These games are always close regardless of age , talent level, weather or whatever else the loser wants to blame. I don't have a dog in this fight but I'd never pull for ma so gimme the greydogs by 2 touchdowns.

Who said North is favored? I haven't saw that. How do you get that the bears defense is better? Have they played ashe county or east surry no they haven't. Next 3 years,Really. We start 15 underclassmen I can't wait until next year.

backhOmegay let me ask u a ? When the he'll has north ever done anything . Will never be in class with MA

MA BEARMAN,
It just hit me why Mount Airy is so hated by two local school's. If I was a fan of one of the largest 1A school's in the state and lost 9 of the last 12 games to a school 2/3 our size, I'd be mad also.
As for North a school that's near twice the size of MA, and to have not beat them sense 2006. I'd be pissed at any MA fan's.
As stated before if North don't do it Friday night it might be another 9 yrs before they get another shot.

North Surry is 2A .Sense 2004 North Surry has only won 1 game beating Mount Airy by 1 point 27 to 26 and 1 game went to OT with the Bears winning 30 to 27 in 2013 . other than last years Bear win by 1 TD 35 to 28 the bears have won by at least 14 and as much as a 66 to 0 in 2009 .I say it can be a close game either way Friday night. Reason Elkin came to NS 2 weeks ago and at the half it was 13 to 12 with I believe Elkin on top. Then N.Surry came back winning 55 to 19. Mount Airy goes to Elkin and losing at the half 7 to 0 and Mount Airy comes back and scores 35 in the 3rd Qtr and wins bigger than N.Surry beating Elkin there 63 to 7 so after all that my point is , never count the Bears out till the clock counts to 0:00 and the bears are down by 1 or more points. If we go on that and the Bears being at home I say the Bears can and I did say They can , not will win by 2 or more TDs ..... But it could be North Surry's year again if they don't look at their wins losses against the Bears before they go on the field.Then Again if the Bear OF & DF plays like last week then it could be a big win for the BEARS ! ! !

Last edited:
Probably stay home and keep the scores posted. Would love to go shoot pictures but I would need to start charging batteries tonight and I would be a little rusty sense the last I shot was 2012 or 13.
They only have 3 home and 4 away after North Surry

North Surry is 2A .Sense 2004 North Surry has only won 1 game beating Mount Airy by 1 point 27 to 26 and 1 game went to OT with the Bears winning 30 to 27 in 2013 . other than last years Bear win by 1 TD 35 to 28 the bears have won by at least 14 and as much as a 66 to 0 in 2009 .I say it can be a close game either way Friday night. Reason Elkin came to NS 2 weeks ago and at the half it was 13 to 12 with I believe Elkin on top. Then N.Surry came back winning 55 to 19. Mount Airy goes to Elkin and losing at the half 7 to 0 and Mount Airy comes back and scores 35 in the 3rd Qtr and wins bigger than N.Surry beating Elkin there 63 to 7 so after all that my point is , never count the Bears out till the clock counts to 0:00 and the bears are down by 1 or more points. If we go on that and the Bears being at home I say the Bears can and I did say They can , not will win by 2 or more TDs ..... But it could be North Surry's year again if they don't look at their wins losses against the Bears before they go on the field.Then Again if the Bear OF & DF plays like last week then it could be a big win for the BEARS ! ! !
It was 7-0 after first qrtr against Elkin and MA rips off 63 straight and had a running clock midway thru third qrtr. it will be a good game fri night, Hope it is an injury frree game

Yes No one needs to get hurt. They both need to play good and smart .If they do that they both have a chance to have a good year.
Thanks for posting the score's.
If you hear anything on the East Surry game please post it. I'm sure a lot people are interested in this game.
I Will Have some reporting back to me on several games Friday, I will post as fast as I get them. Just get everyone to hit like when i post there scores , Makes me feel better taking all the extra time finding scores and no one appreciate my work i do on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKatt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT