ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs East Wilkes Score

Find a post any where that i said he was defensive minded..I just said he's a great coach and knows how to get the best out of his team...That's what good coaches do..Not sure what your idea of a good coach is...I don't even care why ya don't like him..but you haven't backed your opinion up with anything.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I was at the EW-MA game Monday night and some whiner kept yelling that "my Mother could Coach this team"...people with me commented on how negative and embarassing this guy was every game. On one play MA sent #5 (Mason) in motion. EW failed to cover him and EW's coach called a time out. This same guy said that Coach Adkins is "stupid and will probably run the same play". I said to my wife that I hope he does because we have 3 options off that formation. MA ran the same play...guy yells "HE'S STUPID"...EW covers Mason w/a LB and rotated Safety down...QB dumps ball off to #1 for a 44yd gain. Coach Adkins and his Staff work hard for very little compensation!!! They require good grades and good attendance in all classes. All of these men from MA or any other HS deserve our respect. Stop the yelling and be more supportive. If you have negative opinions (which is your prerogative) then please whisper them to your family/friends but stop the verbal criticisms. Coaches wives and children/family are in the stands!!!

Those people are too stubborn to realize they are the problem. No class and they don't belong in the stands.
Don't belong at the game period ! ! Back in the good ole days if some did that to a coach on Mount Airy's side, he would be followed out the gate and wouldn't want to come back for a while, until he could set down again.

I was not on that sideline, but they came off as a very respectful group. MA is a very talented group and it showed on the field. I believe they have a deep run in the playoffs coming after seeing them in person. If they get number 8 back who knows, kid looked like a full grown man walking around.
#8 is making his way back! He’s prepping himself now to bring that beast mode back out on the field! He’s ready to be back out there on the field but is taking every precaution as needed

I was at East Wilkes with a friend from Statesville that play Navy Football and was ALL Military, we go to Lenior Rhyne games together. His comment was " wow, it sure was good to see a team so well coached and disciplined".
He played a lot of football in the military and had a son that started for 3 years at Lenoir Rhyne.
He also said it was obvious "they had obviously been in the weight room".
I believe we should do all we can to keep JK Adkins not only in Mt Airy but to keep him happy.

Personal opinion and I'm sure I share it with a lot of others, if you all dont want him at Mt Airy, send him on back down to Ronda, we'd be glad to have him back.
My opinion is we keep him. Some just talk out the rear end and to let up and give Adkins a few more years. Varsity, JVs, & middle school are undefeated. If someone wants more the find it elsewhere and don't let the door hit you in the rear as you leave !

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
You mainly hear only one person complaining

And he probably sits without about 5 others with the same mindset that have nothing invested in Mount Airy football other than the $5 they spend weekly to get into the game. Not knowing the things Coach Atkins does for those kids in and outside of school and the relationships he builds with those kids.

You mainly hear only one person complai

And he probably sits without about 5 others with the same mindset that have nothing invested in Mount Airy football other than the $5 they spend weekly to get into the game. Not knowing the things Coach Atkins does for those kids in and outside of school and the relationships he builds with those kids.
Yep and sbbbfan is one of them smh

I want mention anything again. It's just my opinion on a message board and I will keep to my self from now on. I have always stirred it up on here and never meant anything personal. I Love the Bears and am so proud of these kids every year. MA is a great school with great Athletics. If I went to far with my comments I am truly sorry. I do get too carried away on here. I'm not a horrible person guys. Just made bad choice in my words and actions and again I'm sorry. I don't know coach Adkins and was nothing personal just me running my trap. I feel like crap about the whole situation even though was just my opinion on message board. Again I am sorry and Go Bears!!!!!!!! I wish coach Adkins and the Bears good luck.

It would be boring to go to a game without someone yelling at a ref or a coach. I sat on the Reidsville side when East Surry beat them couple years ago and you would have thought they had never won a game. Some pretty funny comments.

I was at East Wilkes with a friend from Statesville that play Navy Football and was ALL Military, we go to Lenior Rhyne games together. His comment was " wow, it sure was good to see a team so well coached and disciplined".
He played a lot of football in the military and had a son that started for 3 years at Lenoir Rhyne.
He also said it was obvious "they had obviously been in the weight room".
I believe we should do all we can to keep JK Adkins not only in Mt Airy but to keep him happy.
The two players from west stokes Brown and Parsons are playing well for Lenoir Rhyne.

It's been about 8 years but went to several Catawba games. It surprised me how much talent in that conference.

I want mention anything again. It's just my opinion on a message board and I will keep to my self from now on. I have always stirred it up on here and never meant anything personal. I Love the Bears and am so proud of these kids every year. MA is a great school with great Athletics. If I went to far with my comments I am truly sorry. I do get too carried away on here. I'm not a horrible person guys. Just made bad choice in my words and actions and again I'm sorry. I don't know coach Adkins and was nothing personal just me running my trap. I feel like crap about the whole situation even though was just my opinion on message board. Again I am sorry and Go Bears!!!!!!!! I wish coach Adkins and the Bears good luck.
Hey Buzzcoach...I appreciate your passion for MA Athletics! Takes a person with great character to apologize publicly! You still da' Man!!! Offense still a little out of sync even though we are scoring a lot of points.

I agree. Mt Airy is a very good team. They will rep the NWC well. Just been pullin ya chain Buzz..Mt.Airy has a program that rivals any great 1a program. They are right up with the SMC teams as far as knowing its gonna be a battle when u face them.

Reactions: buzzcoach
I don't think an apology was necessary. U shouldn't have to apologize for having a different opinion than others. It's not like u criticized a player...coach's are fair game as far as I'm concerned, it comes with the job. People need to get tougher skin...this whole politically correctness is getting old. I've been to lots of games where fans in highschool college and pros yell at coach's...it's pretty normal. I'd rather have an entire fan base as passionate as buzz yelling the entire game...than a bunch of church mice that never say anything at all or anything negative about a team..even if they know it's true. Mt airy is a great team...best of luck to them in the playoffs.

Thanks Buzzcoach. Very classy. Go Bears. BTW- Adkins is our man just like Holder, Hollingsworth, Diamont, Cobb, etc. I think the record speaks for itself. History has a way of getting it right.

KW..yall gave them Rams a game according to the score!!!

Well 1st quarter and half was good then wheels fell off....we dropped a wide open touchdown pass....had an 8 yrd punt and we threw a screen pass straight to a defensive lineman for a touchdown. Can't make mistakes like those and beat a fundamentally sound Starmount squad.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT