ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs East Wilkes Rematch

All the Mt Airy fans need to be thankful. Thankful that the state sent East Surry to 2A so that all of y’all can thump your chest that your the best in the West. The state helped y’all become relivant again as a possible deep run team. Lord knows the MA posters on here have coined this 11th and 10th grade group state champions since they were in little league. 😂. I’ve not seen a ES poster on the boards all year. The ones who chest thumped for them in years past were not veteran members, they were overnight pop up posters who aren’t around anymore. I do find it funny how so many of the veteran MA posters always bring ES into a post. Makes one wonder if it’s jealousy that ES has maintained success so far in 2A or is it that ES just lives in their head? Who knows?!?! I think the ES folks realize the difference from 2A to 1A and know the road is a lot tougher than it ever has been. I would argue that 2A and 4A are the toughest divisions overall every single year.
Best of luck to MA the rest of the way! Hope you bring it back to Surry County in the end cause if you don’t, then I can only imagine the wrath that will come down from other posters on here. 😂
If you call winning first round in 2a playoffs success well ok. You haven't seen any east surry folks on here because they know what's coming.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
If you call winning first round in 2a playoffs success well ok. You haven't seen any east surry folks on here because they know what's coming.
I don’t disagree with you KBD. I do wonder if MA was in the same situation if we would have heard singing of the blues by the MA folks. I bet it would have started as soon as the realignment came out last spring. Hats off the ES folks for just sucking it up and meeting it head on without crying about it!

I don’t disagree with you KBD. I do wonder if MA was in the same situation if we would have heard singing of the blues by the MA folks. I bet it would have started as soon as the realignment came out last spring. Hats off the ES folks for just sucking it up and meeting it head on without crying about it!
Mount Airy as East Surry has too much pride to have complained of the same change. The NWC has been 3A, 2A, and 1A, and Mount Airy has played and beat 2A and 3A schools in nonconference every year. Mount Airy has a tradition in its pride and football going back before a lot of these schools even existed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearfan71
This 2a bracket ain't no joke this year. I hope ES wins it all but they know it's loaded. Salisbury is my pick but got to play the games. Never thought West Stokes would have won the year they did. They beat Shelby but didn't face this competition

This 2a bracket ain't no joke this year. I hope ES wins it all but they know it's loaded. Salisbury is my pick but got to play the games. Never thought West Stokes would have won the year they did. They beat Shelby but didn't face this competition
That is a helluva feat West Stokes can hang there hat on

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Bear fan 71, you are correct East Wilkes beat East Surry early in 2015 at East Surry. And East Surry returned the favor at East Wilkes in the playoffs. I heard Coach Diamont say that he should not have been on the sidelines for that first game. Because his youngest son was deploying to Iraq that same day from Ft Polk, La and his wife and daughter were there to see him off!! Out come of that game probably would not have been different but an interesting side note. Coaches have life’s away from the field!

Bear fan 71, you are correct East Wilkes beat East Surry early in 2015 at East Surry. And East Surry returned the favor at East Wilkes in the playoffs. I heard Coach Diamont say that he should not have been on the sidelines for that first game. Because his youngest son was deploying to Iraq that same day from Ft Polk, La and his wife and daughter were there to see him off!! Out come of that game probably would not have been different but an interesting side note. Coaches have life’s away from the field!
Ur coach Diamond

More prestigious program and pay..but not sure why his pay was ever bought up other than a pompous dig at a country school (EW)that couldn't match the city schools (MA)pay for the head coach...just go back and check the archives for yourself. Little do they know that these farmers up here have tons of $. They may not show it at EW..but trust and believe.

Based on schedule hard to say how good Mt Airy is. They have crushed everyone they have played but as earlier posts say the schedule was.not very tough. With that being said no team controls how good the opposition is. If they Mt Airy wins the state title they will have earned just like every team that wins a state title.

I hate to say it...but Ew moved the ball all over the field on MA...the 1st half in the redzone 3 or 4 times...good goal line stands for MA...MA shut it down the second half....halftime score was 19-6...but you won big...you struggled against lowly EW for a half. Probably would kill ya to admit it..but you know that's what happened without #3. Def not saying he will do much for the rematch...but EW held their own for a half against MA...deny the truth or be embarrased by it....your call.

Reactions: EWCards#1
Actually beat North Stokes 24-0...get it right Bozo...EW will be overmatched its true...but just make sure yall cocky cats win it all...EW is a small bump a pebble in your way...there are other heavy hitters out there...just make sure you guys back up all your talk..all the way to the championship...and TD as thin as your old skin is..you need to fall back a little...all your other compadres can take it....you on the other hand....well.....

I hate to say it...but Ew moved the ball all over the field on MA...the 1st half in the redzone 3 or 4 times...good goal line stands for MA...MA shut it down the second half....halftime score was 19-6...but you won big...you struggled against lowly EW for a half. Probably would kill ya to admit it..but you know that's what happened without #3. Def not saying he will do much for the rematch...but EW held their own for a half against MA...deny the truth or be embarrased by it....your call.
No one has scored a TD on the Bear's 1st string, 1st half. EW did kick 2 field goals, the only points scored on the 1st string. But EW did do what no other team did and scored 2 field goals, 6 points on the 1st string.

And moved the ball in position to score in redzone 3 or 4 x..but good d and untimely penalties..were their demise....MA shut it all down in the 2nx half..why all the sarcasm about #3? EW is glad to have him back..just like you were glad to get #32 and #8 back like we heard all year while they were out...The difference is...we needed #3 back and could have won atleast 2 to 3 more games with him....you guys really didnt need #8 or #32 to beat everybody senseless.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I said on here that Ma got out coached bad in first half. MA couldn't get in a rythm on offense as took 30 seconds to get plays in. Ew coach called good 1st.half.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT