ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy vs East Wilkes Rematch

Daddy Doug MA Bear Historian sent me info saying MA is 7-5 against SMC all time 3-2 over Murphy...1-0 over Robbinsville west Finals....2-2 with Swain.....0-1 Hayesville....1-0 over Cherokee. Met Murphy twice in West finals I think and we're 1-1. 7-4 since 96

I don't think Adkins really shut down the game plan in the 2nd half. Personally, I think Wilmoth went away from his game plan, or whatever was working in the 1st half and in the 2nd half started throwing the ball down after down with pressure all night and Mt Airy forced interceptions. Then ultimately just ran away with the game.
This. Wilmoth obviously had a great game plan coming in and kept it close for a half. But in the end Mount Airy just had way too many horses, no matter what the game plan was. Like Phillip Fulmer said one time when asked about how important recruiting well was, ‘You can’t take a rented mule to the Kentucky Derby and expect to win’. If you are outmatched talent wise by a significant amount it really doesn’t matter how great a coach you are

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Not true at all....ask Surry Central...there is no way talent wise that they should have laid a goose egg on yall..a few years back...but..every now and again the sun shines on a dogs azz..sometimes...it's almost a foregone conclusion that MA wins big tomorrow...EW if they can play up to their full potential...can keep it with in 35...if they dont show up..it could easily be 50 or more....MA homefield advantage..bigtime....EW hasn't played MA at all under that Behemoth of a Video Board...they may get StarStruck..here's to an injury free, game..btw EW...you have no room for error..please keep the flags to a minimum...they have killed successful drives down the field....all year long!!!!

Welcome to the home of the Granite BEARS !
FD8_X_4XIAcYCMn

Last edited:
Guys you do realize that I'm clearly expecting a terrible butt whipping. No where have I stated ew will win this game nor be close. Yall act like Graham being back isn't going to change anything, but yall haven't saw what we have. Same goes for the players yall didn't have when we played the first time. I'm not having a pissing match with yall on which injured player from the 1st game is a better player. We all know yall are loaded with talent and speed. We all know what to expect tomorrow night.

Guys you do realize that I'm clearly expecting a terrible butt whipping. No where have I stated ew will win this game nor be close. Yall act like Graham being back isn't going to change anything, but yall haven't saw what we have. Same goes for the players yall didn't have when we played the first time. I'm not having a pissing match with yall on which injured player from the 1st game is a better player. We all know yall are loaded with talent and speed. We all know what to expect tomorrow night.
We're just picking at your posters and not the team. We all know what to expect and any thoughts of Mount Airy embarrassing an ex-Bear coach badly just won't happen. ;) ;) ;)

Last edited:
According to the weather channel, it looks like a great night for football. Game time temperature in the low 50s and with sunshine all-day and a moon lite night. No rain for the game. Looking for a safe injury free game on both sides of the ball. Go BEARS 🏈 🏈 🏈 ! ! Score prediction MA 55 EW 14, maybe.;);)

TGIF!!!! This game and all games on Friday nights give that TGIF new meaning. Is it not wonderful that the over whelming majority people on NC Preps would rather have fun talking about, watching and supporting our kids play a great game rather than take part in a lot of the negative things happening in the world these days?

While I hope this game is 50 to 0 Mt Airy, if EW Cardinals come in and gets a 28 to 27 win, the sun will come up tomorrow (ok, maybe in the west rather than the East) and life will go on. Some how us Bear people will get by, maybe we will just hibernate until spring but we will live on.

WELCOME to Mt Airy all Cardinal fans that come tonight.

REWhitley, did you play basketball at Mount Airy in the 1990s ? if so I'm pretty sure I know you and your Dad who has an office Downtown.

My son played Basketball and football at Mt Airy his freshman and sophomore years then transferred to North Surry. He played football in college.
My younger son played soccer and wrestled all 4 years as a Bear. He wrestled in college 4 years.
And I was in the investment business and then H&R Block since then.

I thought I knew you. I was a photographer for the News when your son played basketball and came to your office when on the corner of Willow Street. Was your son REWhitley Jr. ? Most locals know me but I don't use my name on here because some of us like to take have fun with others that do the same. Sometimes I can't take it. Getting too old, LOL

Last edited:
EWCards#1 At Mount Airy, there is also a visitors gate on the visitors side as well as parking.
If you choose not to park on the school campus.
Just Google the football field. And you’ll be able to see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
EWCards#1 At Mount Airy, there is also a visitors gate at on the visitors side as well as parking.
I think that is down Hay street beside an old Hosiery mill. That is the way the visitor buses would go to get to the visitor's fieldhouse.

EWCards#1 At Mount Airy, there is also a visitors gate at on the visitors side as well as parking.
Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
I thought I knew you. I was a photographer for the News when your son played basketball and came to your office when on the corner of Willow Street. Was your son REWhitley Jr. ? Most locals know me but I don't use my name on here because some of us like to take have fun with others that do the same. Sometimes I can't take it. Getting too old, LOL
His first name is Richard but he has always gone by Alex.

TD, I agree about the name issues but before I decided to post I carefully thought about it and decided that I would use my name. It requires people (or at least me) to think about what I would say if I were facing the person or group of people. I want to be positive in all that I do and if I were to say something cutting or glib, I want to do it in such a manner that any reasonably smart person could see the humor, or jab, was in jest.

Sometimes I wonder why some on here delight so much in down grading someone else. But then when we have people in the public eye that relish in the hurtful, stupid, even total lies, criminality, etc. I guess it is no wonder that a third of the country thinks it is ok and thinks it is their God given right to share their ignorance and hatefulness with others.

TD, I agree about the name issues but before I decided to post I carefully thought about it and decided that I would use my name. It requires people (or at least me) to think about what I would say if I were facing the person or group of people. I want to be positive in all that I do and if I were to say something cutting or glib, I want to do it in such a manner that any reasonably smart person could see the humor, or jab, was in jest.

Sometimes I wonder why some on here delight so much in down grading someone else. But then when we have people in the public eye that relish in the hurtful, stupid, even total lies, criminality, etc. I guess it is no wonder that a third of the country thinks it is ok and thinks it is their God given right to share their ignorance and hatefulness with others.
So true and I do know where you are coming from. You have done well by having way more likes than posts. As you said, it is good to reconnect. Go Bears 🐻 🏈 🏈 🏈 🐻 ! !

The Simmons predictions has Mt Airy a 43 point favorite. That is the third highest, widest margin of all 4 classifications. Hope it is correct, not because I want EW embarrassed, but to help solidify that the Bears are as good as many think. You realize "we" have not played anybody! Everybody says it.

Talk about disrespecting all 11 on our schedule.

The Simmons predictions has Mt Airy a 43 point favorite. That is the third highest, widest margin of all 4 classifications. Hope it is correct, not because I want EW embarrassed, but to help solidify that the Bears are as good as many think. You realize "we" have not played anybody! Everybody says it.

Talk about disrespecting all 11 on our schedule.
But to whip EW again isn't going to gain you any respect as you have already done it once. Not sure what your expecting out of a win tonight?

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
We expect to win and advance. That is the goal this time of year and to keep fine tuning every aspect of the game

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
But to whip EW again isn't going to gain you any respect as you have already done it once. Not sure what your expecting out of a win tonight?
I think both teams have all their players back and this is the playoff and we want to see the best out of both teams. Mount Airy won't run the score up on EW. They were pulling starters out last week in the 2nd Qtr once the running clock started. It all depends on how good our 2nd string is to what we score. They did not try to put 75 points up last week. JV quarterback even played. I think everyone may have got to play. If EW is not better than MA 2nd string, that's not running up the score.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT