ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy/Tarboro scoring updates

da-bears-icegif-1.gif

I believe North Rowan and Thomasville would give Tarboro all they can handle. I believe there's 4-6 teams in the west that would win the east

Idk about North Rowan. They got blown off the map by Rville. They could have kept it close but think Tarboro beats them by 2 scores.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I believe North Rowan and Thomasville would give Tarboro all they can handle. I believe there's 4-6 teams in the west that would win the east
Yeah I don't know how far they would have gone in the West playoffs. I don't think they could have won the SMC and I believe while wouldn't have beaten them that even Mtn Heritage and Mitchell could have given them a game.

Well I have a biased opinion but I think ER was the only offense dynamic enough to beat Mount Airy. Up 21-14 at the half with the ball to start the 2nd half. They come out and go 3 and out and fumble the next 3 possessions. Had they gone up 28-14 and not allowed 3 short field scores you know I think they had the ponies to hang with them. Once you get behind thats all she wrote. Theres no margin of error right now to beat Mount Airy and nobody has been good enough to put together the game to do it.

Which is true in almost every state championship games. Usually the teams with the best players win the game.
I agree, but tarboros scheme subtracts from its talent and puts it at a disadvantage. Kinda like when the option equalizes the playing field for a team with less talent, the T offense does the opposite for tarboro.

First things first. Congrats to Mt Airy players & definitely their coaches for out coaching & playing Tarboro again! Now that I’ve gotten that out the way let me just say this….THAT WAS THE 💩PLAY CALLING IVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!
I agree about the playcalling. I was expecting some surprises when Craddock said he had been planning for MA all year.

Congratulations to the Bears on back to back titles. Tarboro’s special teams was special. The Viking defense was very good, but that MA defense is a perfect matchup playing our offense. Eventually, defense wears down. Granite Bear defense was indeed granite. On to next year!

Well I have a biased opinion but I think ER was the only offense dynamic enough to beat Mount Airy. Up 21-14 at the half with the ball to start the 2nd half. They come out and go 3 and out and fumble the next 3 possessions. Had they gone up 28-14 and not allowed 3 short field scores you know I think they had the ponies to hang with them. Once you get behind thats all she wrote. Theres no margin of error right now to beat Mount Airy and nobody has been good enough to put together the game to do it.
Yes ER needs to work on playing 4 quarters
They had a good team. I hope your basketball team is good so we can see them against South Stokes again

They have a lot of championships to back it up
Again for the 4th time those titles were won due a talent gap between them and the west. When that talent gap closes scheme becomes more important. Tarboro could run any offense that has ever been run and beat the teams they play every year, but thats not true when or if they face teams that can match up with them. They won those titles in spite of their scheme not because of it.

Congrats to the bears. I agree with a lot of what’s been said. Very disappointed in our offense and many of Tarboro fans are as well. Defense played good, thought we recovered the fumble but that’s football. Folks can say what they want, and I get it, our offense doesn’t look that good, but the defense played great. Gave up one big play, but other than that, they played good enough to win. Thought we should’ve punted halfway through the third instead of going for it. We had the lead, and at that time the bears still hadn’t scored. Oh well, that’s how it goes sometimes. Again, congrats bears.

Again for the 4th time those titles were won due a talent gap between them and the west. When that talent gap closes scheme becomes more important. Tarboro could run any offense that has ever been run and beat the teams they play every year, but thats not true when or if they face teams that can match up with them. They won those titles in spite of their scheme not because of it.
Say whatever you want about the scheme. We’ve been running it for five decades. The mini Vikings run it the middle school runs it the JVs run it and obviously the varsity runs it. It wouldn’t be Tarbora football if you tried to do something different. In fact, coaches have gotten fired for trying.

Say whatever you want about the scheme. We’ve been running it for five decades. The mini Vikings run it the middle school runs it the JVs run it and obviously the varsity runs it. It wouldn’t be Tarbora football if you tried to do something different. In fact, coaches have gotten fired for trying.
Well then be thankful you typically have more talent than everyone. Most 1a schools dont get the todd gurleys of the world. I hope you stick with your 4 play playbook. Pride comes before the fall and tboro has began to fall. Mt Airy is to tarboro what the retreat from russia was to Napoleon. They showed the world they could be beat and shattered their aire of invincibility. We run an old school offense, but our coach has adapted and evolved it. Your coach has not done the same.

Well then be thankful you typically have more talent than everyone. Most 1a schools dont get the todd gurleys of the world. I hope you stick with your 4 play playbook. Pride comes before the fall and tboro has began to fall. Mt Airy is to tarboro what the retreat from russia was to Napoleon. They showed the world they could be beat and shattered their aire of invincibility. We run an old school offense, but our coach has adapted and evolved it. Your coach has not done the same.
You’re referring to a guy that hasn’t played for Tarboro in over a decade. Todd Gurley only featured in two of our state championships. Most, if not all of our other Division I college prospects have been on the defensive side of the ball and have nothing to do with that offenses scheme you love to criticize so much.

SMC conference would eat that offense up..They've thrown the ball 16 times this year..State Championship was definitely last week..Swain, ER,Robbinsville and maybe a couple more teams from the west take Tarboro this year.

WARNING….WARNING….unpopular take coming up.

While the Tarboro offense was not good today, I don’t think folks are giving MA defense enough credit. They just absolutely shut them down. MA has pretty much done this to everyone in the second half of every playoff game. I agree with Kidd I think ER had the best offense against MA. Apologies to our SMC folks.

Congratulations again to MA. Gonna take a really good team to keep them from playing for 3 straight.

Go Mountaineers

SMC conference would eat that offense up..They've thrown the ball 16 times this year..State Championship was definitely last week..Swain, ER,Robbinsville and maybe a couple more teams from the west take Tarboro this year.
It's been a few years since Tarboro has been reminded how much they would get smacked around in the SMC. Welcome back to relevance, guys!

WARNING….WARNING….unpopular take coming up.

While the Tarboro offense was not good today, I don’t think folks are giving MA defense enough credit. They just absolutely shut them down. MA has pretty much done this to everyone in the second half of every playoff game. I agree with Kidd I think ER had the best offense against MA. Apologies to our SMC folks.

Congratulations again to MA. Gonna take a really good team to keep them from playing for 3 straight.

Go Mountaineers
THIS...right here. That is a talented team. Your long awaited takedowns of Tarboro only takes away from how strong the Granite Bears are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT