ADVERTISEMENT

Mount Airy/Tarboro scoring updates

But the point is in a defensive game even if you get it you prolly wont score, so why give tarboro a 30 yd field to work with. They got it next time but still punted.
Oh I agree I would have punted the way this game is going. I think MA should try some short passes instead of running then a bomb pass. But I believe MAs offense will eventually get going before Tarboros a run team is MA's defensive strength.

If you love good ol fashion slobber knocker hard hitting games this is the game for you. Both defenses playing tremendous. Game is far from over coach Adkins and ma are GREAT at halftime adjustments
Reminds me of old school football. Run Run and Run. Wishbone and option plays with a few sweeps. Smash mouth football for sure.

Im just glad I didn't waist 30 dollars to go watch this in person and chose the hickory game last night instead... I know both teams are successful at what they do and have been for years but watching the tarboro t as just a general football fan imo is boring as hell. Its like watching Tim Duncan shoot bank shots for an entire game.

If you love good ol fashion slobber knocker hard hitting games this is the game for you. Both defenses playing tremendous. Game is far from over coach Adkins and ma are GREAT at halftime adjustments
They are, but I also notice they platoon a bit. Some of those guys only playing one way will get stronger as the game goes along. For those that wonder why Craddock is refusing to pass, he’s shortening the game. MA is known for coming out swinging in the 3rd. Tarboro must match their effort to hold such a slim lead.

Well even with the missed FG I saw a little more offense starting with MA and they get the ball starting the 2nd half. They might prove me wrong but not sure a running offense like T is is the type of offense that can move the ball on MA. I do know one thing about MA watching them starting with the Mitchell game that they're very good at halftime adjustments but I assume a good coach like Tarboro has that they are as well.

ECU has a natural grass field
I was going by what the announcer said but looking it up on the ESU website they have 3 fields the statuim bermuda grass and two practice fields one grass one tulf which I assume they practiced on if they have a up coming away game on turf.
Ether that or maybe like NC State it's indoors which is handy when the weather is bad not sure.

Last edited:
Well even with the missed FG I saw a little more offense starting with MA and they get the ball starting the 2nd half. They might prove me wrong but not sure a running offense like T is is the type of offense that can move the ball on MA. I do know one thing about MA watching them starting with the Mitchell game that they're very good at halftime adjustments but I assume a good coach like Tarboro has that they are as well.
I agree 100. Tarboro, while ahead, will need to open things up a little or rely on thwir defense to shut MA out, which is risky. Let the qb make a play with his legs or arm. Anything but getting foot to foot and running between tackles every play. Mt Airys front and lbers too good for that.

Yep whether or not the second half machine shows up will be the difference. Tarboro is gonna have to keep it close and ugly to have their chance.

Would love to know when was the last time tboro only had 55 yards of offense in a half of football. Im sure it has been a while, but they are ahead in the place that matters.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT