ADVERTISEMENT

Most beautiful HS football stadium in N.C.

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Regardless of Classification. What would be most beautiful stadium ( field included) you seen. With the new high schools that has changed over from grass to turf maybe added in the conversation. Hickory and Kings Mountain look very nice. AL Brown has added payment to the track and also other things done has made that very nice Stadium.

Regardless of Classification. What would be most beautiful stadium ( field included) you seen. With the new high schools that has changed over from grass to turf maybe added in the conversation. Hickory and Kings Mountain look very nice. AL Brown has added payment to the track and also other things done has made that very nice Stadium.
Owen, Cherokee, Lincolntons turf improves there a bunch, KM.

Asheville!

87e182_a9c7f3e3bc9e4779abb5de0e1d83f248.jpg

iRFIDoLTlahSUuK-800x450-noPad.jpg

Last edited:
As a heritage fan it's tough but Id have to say Mitchell has one of the prettiest views of the Mountains of NC outside of the Smoky Mountain area, but i will say Heritage has a pretty good view of the black mountains pulling up to the hs but is down in the sticks as far as the stadium, you do get to see mt air lit up when it gets dark from the stadium but that's about it lol, some other of my favorites Owen, Swain, Pisgah, Robbinsville, Rosman

Last edited:
I figure we see lot of Asheville. I agree with that. I know Cherokee is really nice. And the others mentioned I’m sure is really nice. Which makes me want to visit some of these stadiums.

Reactions: FreedomAlum
I know I’m quite biased but no one ever mentions our little schools stadium but Polk county is also a very pretty stadium and with the backdrop of the mountain behind the school…
Honestly most all mountain schools have beautiful stadiums and nothing better than a football game in the fall

Alot of smart people around here lol.

Reynolds home side is very nice.
Watauga is beautiful too.
Cherokee is very modern and pretty

But Asheville high is second to nobody in the state of NC. Now there MAY be another place that is equal somewhere, but nothing that is better.

In 2003, number 1 ranked Asheville (on a 13 game winning streak) played number 2 south point (on a 13 game winning streak) at home in the 4th round under heavy snow in front of about 8,000 people.

That’s probably the best setting to a football game ever in NC in my incredibly biased opinion.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Mitchell's stadium. Not so much for the stadium but it's surroundings.
I'm going a bit different here tho, I'm going to say Bethel middle school field, because of the surroundings.

But Asheville high is second to nobody in the state of NC. Now there MAY be another place that is equal somewhere, but nothing that is better.

In 2003, number 1 ranked Asheville (on a 13 game winning streak) played number 2 south point (on a 13 game winning streak) at home in the 4th round under heavy snow in front of about 8,000 people.

That’s probably the best setting to a football game ever in NC in my incredibly biased opinion.
This is a good question because there is a “best high school stadiums” video on YouTube.

Of those shown I would have to say that only Jones Stadium at El Paso high and Stadium Bowl at Woodrow Wilson high (Tacoma) are equal to or better than Asheville IMO.

Oh, in the entire country there are probably hundreds better than Asheville high. I was just saying in the state of NC, there is nothing better.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Its been a longtime since i have been to East Burke when they were 4A. To me i thought East Burke was one the biggest and the cleanest stadium that i have witness.

South Point took y'all behind the snowy woodshed in that game. They kicked ours the week before. Still impressed y'all came from back down 20 to beat kannapolis week before.

South Point took y'all behind the snowy woodshed in that game. They kicked ours the week before. Still impressed y'all came from back down 20 to beat kannapolis week before.
Lol don’t remind me

It was 57-10 and they really spared us. It could have easily been 71-10

They beat us week before 69-21 in 3RD round lol and we only lost to kannapolis by 1 in overtime BC we didn't have a kicker in regular season. So south point was definitely cream of the crop by far in west that year. Think most of that team went on to play college ball I know some went and played at Carson Newman. Wish we would have played y'all instead of south point in 3RD round maybe I could have extended my career by one more game LOL maybe.

I always said if there ever was a matchup that could happen I would love to seen 1996 Hickory vs 2003 South Point. I could imagine pack house with game like that

I know it sounds stupid to say given the final score, but athletically I don’t think they were better than we were. Hell we had 2 guys on that team that were future nfl players. Granted they were sophomores but still. When you run a triple Option with their blocking scheme as well as their qb ran it, it’s almost impossible to stop. You have to play assignment football on every play and if you don’t, you’re in big trouble and it seemed like almost every play somebody on our defense took the wrong guy. As I said, they scored 57 and that was nice of them

I know it sounds stupid to say given the final score, but athletically I don’t think they were better than we were. Hell we had 2 guys on that team that were future nfl players. Granted they were sophomores but still. When you run a triple Option with their blocking scheme as well as their qb ran it, it’s almost impossible to stop. You have to play assignment football on every play and if you don’t, you’re in big trouble and it seemed like almost every play somebody on our defense took the wrong guy. As I said, they scored 57 and that was nice of them
When the triple is ran well its a thing of beauty to watch.

I haven’t to many but here some I been to:
Hibriten
Shelby
Scotland
Mooresville

School I haven’t been but seen/photo
Ashesville
AC Reynolds’s
King Mtn
Mtn Heritage
Pisgah/Tuscola

KM stadium is especially BEAUTIFUL just after having BEATEN CREST or SHELBY.

All I’ve got to say is: GO BIG RED
It was rough getting back down the hill that night. I thought there for a while no one was going to mention the score. I know many Red Raider fans spent the night up there..

Reactions: KW23 and Vik-Val 86
Love the view from the east end zone looking toward Charlotte skyline from Charlotte Memorial Stadium.

The school building and overall character/ambiance of Asheville HS is phenomenal.
This is exactly what I’m talking about. It isn’t just that Asheville is a big stadium, there are lots of those, it’s how well the stadium is integrated into the campus so that the beautiful school building is a part of what the spectators see. That was what I was getting at with the video above. Many of those schools had big stadiums or nice views, but only the two I mentioned had the school itself worked in with the stadium like Asheville does.
Though I do think that the view of the river (or bay or whatever it is) at the school in Tacoma puts it into a class of its own.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT