ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville (4-1) at Providence (1-3)

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
I think the records are a bit misleading. Providence is MUCH more battle tested having played a significantly tougher schedule up to this point.

On paper i would probably say these two teams are probably fairly similar to one another in talent level.

I do not see a world where we see us hit a running clock again this week. Nor do I think we drop 55+ on Providence. Think this game stays competitive for 4 quarters.

Last year Mooresville beat Providence 42-0. This year I believe Providence is some better than last year. But also is Mooresville. However I will go with Mooresville 35-14.

Providence is better than last season but they have to be one of the more disappointing teams in my opinion. Their QB is one of the best in the area, but nobody seems to talk about him. I think he is just as good as all the other QBs in his conference.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Providence is better than last season but they have to be one of the more disappointing teams in my opinion. Their QB is one of the best in the area, but nobody seems to talk about him. I think he is just as good as all the other QBs in his conference.
I can’t speak to this years Providence team, but last year we just physically whooped em up front. Which was surprising because they’re usually very good on the lines.

Also I might disagree to a degree with the idea that this Mooresville team is better than last year. Don’t get me wrong, we’ve looked good. But it hasn’t always been as smooth as some of those scores would indicate.

But it’s hard to tell really because the ONE measuring stick game we’ve had, we looked like crap and lost. That’s why I think Providence is a big game for us… they are more than capable of winning this game if we go in with big heads like we did at reagan

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Providence cannot stop the run. If you run the ball you'll beat them. QB forces way too much at times and it has costs them. He'll be going down and try to throw the ball and end up throwing a pick.
Mooresville should win, by what margin, who knows.

Was going to come on here and call us paper tigers. But then if you go back and look at the last three of Providence’s games (including tonight)… Catholic 21-6, Butler 28-10, MVL 18-6….. it’s all about the same. Providence is a tough physical team. And we needed to see a team like that this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT