ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville 1-0 at Reagan 1-0

Heard the refs were givin Reagan some home cookin
There was definitely some iffy calls late. Thought there should have been a helmet to helmet call on the hit out of bounds on Reagan QB on last drive. The 4th down PI penalty to me was the right call. The DB pretty much shoved the receiver out of bounds while ball was in the air. The second PI (actually called holding) was bad I thought. Didn’t see anything there.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Quit sandbagging. You know Mooresville will be ok.
I’m not actually embellishing this, west Rowan would have best us tonight (they’ll get their shot next week).

Flat out got out played, out coached, Reagan had more heart and flat out wanted it more. And it showed in spectacular fashion in the second half.

Yes, in the grand scheme of it, we will be okay. Soft schedule, bad conference. But this team is no threat, as of today, to any type of playoff run.

I’m not actually embellishing this, west Rowan would have best us tonight (they’ll get their shot next week).

Flat out got out played, out coached, Reagan had more heart and flat out wanted it more. And it showed in spectacular fashion in the second half.

Yes, in the grand scheme of it, we will be okay. Soft schedule, bad conference. But this team is no threat, as of today, to any type of playoff run.
We still play West Rowan?? Why? Need to put better competition on ther schedule

We still play West Rowan?? Why? Need to put better competition on ther schedule
Been saying that for a while… but after tonight thank god lol

But in all seriousness give Reagan a lot of credit. Especially their defense. I went and watched their MR game last week…. They DO NOT give you anything over the top. The funnel everything underneath or short and outside. We were not executing at a level to exploit that. And they locked us down the entire second half.

And offensively….. pretty sure #1 for Reagan had 200+ yards receiving. They just kept throwing to him, because we would not or could not (not sure which) do anything to actually cover him. At all.

I thought #1 for Reagan was the difference maker. His height advantage over #2 was a matchup that Reagan tried to exploit. But that KO return for a TD was something. He turned on the jets and was gone. Also had the big INT late in 3Q.

But I had the same thought about midway through the third when we were continually getting mossed by #1 lol

I thought that Reagan made better adjustments in the second half. Mooresville had too many 3 and outs and their defense was gassed, giving up huge chunks of yardage. But even at that, they converted a Reagan fumble into a 9 point lead late in the game. That ensuing KO return for a TD was why they lost, imo. Those late flags wouldn’t have been as costly as they were otherwise. Sometimes a game like this can be a wake up call for both players and coaches. Credit Reagan for digging down deep and EARNING the win.

Reactions: footballORfutbol
I thought that Reagan made better adjustments in the second half. Mooresville had too many 3 and outs and their defense was gassed, giving up huge chunks of yardage. But even at that, they converted a Reagan fumble into a 9 point lead late in the game. That ensuing KO return for a TD was why they lost, imo. Those late flags wouldn’t have been as costly as they were otherwise. Sometimes a game like this can be a wake up call for both players and coaches. Credit Reagan for digging down deep and EARNING the win.
Got out coached, plain and simple. New year, same old Mooresville.

On to the next cupcake

We will know more about Davie when they play West Rowan Monday @6. See if they made adjustments and maybe improve some.
Agreed. I will say this.

Watching Mooresville 2 weeks in a row, Davie was just awful last week.

I was honestly shocked at how well Reagan stayed calm and just played their game. For Mooresville, the downfall last week was they needed to make ZERO adjustments. They did whatever they wanted. Davie gave them zero pressure on any aspect of the game.

That could have been the biggest factor last night. When they got uncomfortable it seemed Reagan was the better adjusted team.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville playing West Rowan does nothing for them - They need to play Reagan, West Forsyth , Catholic , Hough , or someone that will challenge them early n make them work harder bc West Rowan is NOT the west Rowan of oles

West isn’t a bad team but they ain’t no powerhouse anymore and nor talent as they once had

So West is a cupcake in that regard

Mooresville playing West Rowan does nothing for them - They need to play Reagan, West Forsyth , Catholic , Hough , or someone that will challenge them early n make them work harder bc West Rowan is NOT the west Rowan of oles

West isn’t a bad team but they ain’t no powerhouse anymore and nor talent as they once had

So West is a cupcake in that regard
What happened to West Rowan? They used to be really good. Doesn't make sense to see them fall off the way they have.

What happened to West Rowan? They used to be really good. Doesn't make sense to see them fall off the way they have.
Most good athletes in this area go to Salisbury, NR or wherever - WR always got some kids from Salisbury city limits or closer to it and I don’t think it happening no more and also just West as a whole isn’t what it was when Scott young was there - West lost it luster over time and Lack of talent has been the decline for the Falcons.

Mooresville probably wins. But you better not over look WR. They are a solid football team. Give their QB time to throw the ball he will pick you a part. Their wide receivers do not drop the ball. Defensively they are good.

Mooresville probably wins. But you better not over look WR. They are a solid football team. Give their QB time to throw the ball he will pick you a part. Their wide receivers do not drop the ball. Defensively they are good.
West has traditionally always played Mooresville tough but past couple year it hasn’t been that close tbh

Reactions: Champ_24
Most good athletes in this area go to Salisbury, NR or wherever - WR always got some kids from Salisbury city limits or closer to it and I don’t think it happening no more and also just West as a whole isn’t what it was when Scott young was there - West lost it luster over time and Lack of talent has been the decline for the Falcons.
Yeah, I remember Scott Young being the coach at WR. It is amazing what one guy can build a program into and how it can fall off so much when he is no longer there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT