ADVERTISEMENT

Monroe vs Mount Pleasant

Chopper747

Jul 31, 2006
This is a key matchup in 2A/2AA nobody has mentioned.
Both have played some stiff 3A competition and this is shaping up to be a pretty competitive game.

On a side note, I look for both these battle tested teams to make noise at the end of the month.

I respectfully disagree. In my opinion, the entire RRC is down this season. I do not expect any team from this conference to advance beyond the 2nd round. Both these teams are one-dimensional in terms of the run game, and are not passing threats. Monroe did have that option, but have lost it since their QB went down.

Monroe defense is tough. Particularly if you run a spread or pass heavy offense. Their pass rush is nearly unstoppable, or at least it has been when I've seen them. If you have a big strong o-line and good running back/running game in general you will do much better with Monroe. Mount is just the type to give Monroe problems on that side of the ball. Matchups make games and this could be a close one. I Hope Mount Pleasant wins and wins the RRC. Just like to get Monroe at our place for once. They are a different team away from home.

Agreed. Their D is still exceptional. However, their lack of offense this season since the QB went has been glaring. If they find a way to get their offense going, they will be as dangerous as they've been.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT