ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Draughn

Injury has definitely slowed him down looks like his cutting better but doesn't look like the burst of speed is still not there, there was a few times where they got him in the back field that I don't believe at 100% they would have. Noticed Thursday where he usually runs over to the sideline after every play that someone else was running in the plays.
A high ankle sprain is hard to heal from especially when you keep playing still don't understand playing him in the Madison game. Hopefully having a couple weeks until the next game will give him some healing time.
Thanks. Thomasville has played all season without its starting QB that is injured and he a senior also. Best wishes to both young men balance of season.

The Morning After: My thoughts on last nights game after watching the film. Mitchell had a really good game plan coming into the game by playing zone and limiting Draughns QB's throwing lanes. Coming into the game he was leading the conference in TDS (Passing 16, rushing 6) so it was wise to take his throwing away and force them to run. The only problem with that is our line does a really good job blocking and we have 2 really good RBS so playing zone opened the door for a ground and pound night. Mitchells offense and line did a really good job throughout the night but there was simply too much fire power on the other side and a shootout high scoring game really favors Draughn in any matchup. Looking ahead Mitchell and Draughn should run the table the rest of the way.
Are you Drauns only fan?

On a serious note. Really like what travis is doing at mit. All the videos, building the kids up. All the kids love him he has turn mitchell into a program not a team.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
No. Played 2 years at heritage got a car and football was over.
My buddy Stanley honeycutt and me coached my kid and his grandkid for years till they were in middle school he passed away a few years back from lung cancer he played in the 70s for East yancey against the streeters he was a legend over there I miss him and I miss my kid being young cherish it is all I can say to those who have kids playing

Reactions: Sammci
I remember east yancey playing sylva Webster the stretters Brothers they were awesome they beat ey 52 - O

Reactions: Purple1995
sam you ok for an old fart lol
My buddy Stanley honeycutt and me coached my kid and his grandkid for years till they were in middle school he passed away a few years back from lung cancer he played in the 70s for East yancey against the streeters he was a legend over there I miss him and I miss my kid being young cherish it is all I can say to those who have kids playing
Mind I ask what years you coached with Stan?

It was me you stan and jon in 4th grade he k of a time finding a center if you'll remember

Do you remember what I told em at the Avery game when we had that comeback Carter scored 3 or 4 times to tie it up? We still lost but I told em if they stuck together they'd play in a state championship I was full of it just trying to get em riled up little did we know lol good times ole buddy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT