ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell (1-0) @ Smoky Mountain (1-0)

Just glad to see McDowell 2-0. I think Brewer is a good fit for the community
I like Brewer, think he is a great coach, and was glad to hear of his hiring last year, but I really didn't see him fit him in at McDowell. But hey, shows what I know!

Glad to McDowell off to a good start. The QB is a great kid on and off the field

Yes he is. He made a couple bad throws tonight but he has looked solid so far this year. I have been most impressed with the increased physicality and toughness. Tackling has been outstanding so far. Brewer bringing that mountain toughness

Reactions: The Deerhunter
I like Brewer, think he is a great coach, and was glad to hear of his hiring last year, but I really didn't see him fit him in at McDowell. But hey, shows what I know!

I was skeptical and still wonder how the future will work out but these boys are starting to buy in and it's showing now. They are tougher than they have been in years and are starting to eliminate some of the dumb penalties and off the field stuff from the past.

He is just a country boy who with a 1a school at Avery was always competitive so with 4a numbers he can do it too. The culture just needs to change. The folks of McDowell county are just as simple as he is that’s why I felt he would fit

The talent coming up from middle school is looking impressive too. West McDowell won their conference last year and has a running back who is dominating Burke County schools

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT