ADVERTISEMENT

Miss old days of preps!

I got it , with buzzcoach out of state and not using that name ,why don't you change your name to buzzcoach, MA BEARMAN I am sure with him in a nother state he want mind. people get you and bareman mixed up sometimes.
Everyone lest here it MA BEARMAN needs to take over buzzcoach name sense he is out of state . How Many yes buzzcoach can I get. We can get these boards hopping again. Except me I Be the Score keeper and a good guy.
Screen name has been banished from Preps.

Screen name has been banished from Preps.
Buzz quit on his own ,He did not get banished. Someone made him mad and he said he was done and did nit come back. I think someone needs to take that name, He is not around here now and don't care. We need a new buzzcoach !

I miss GSO_Triple5. Fella is still around and he let me know by replying back about 3 weeks ago. Though I broke the code but he went back in hiding.

Ima thanking this fella is acourt'n

Buddy rich is King, then there's me

Since I'm an old washed up sports writer... I'll stoke the flames.................. I've been here for quite a few years. I will say this... I challenge everyone that has posted on this thread to keep it going... It's a lot more fun when you can talk a little before the games and then come back and crow, or be a man and put your hat in it. Let's get it on.

Even you EM91....high school hero!

Still are waiting on you at Better Burger!!

Two things have happened that changed preps...

1. When we had posters such as "thedamman" it was a constant laugh on here. Then big, rough and tough moderators that got offended too easily came in and shut them down, banned them and took the personalities out of the boards.

2. The "No Class Club" hasnt stepped their game up in a while....Maybe BuddyRich could fill us in on whats going on in the NCC.

I agree, everyone is just too sensitive in today's world and can't take crow when it is served. Support your team and if they lose, take it like a man. If they win, dish it out like a man but don't cry when it's time to take it. Hell, if it's too much for you don't get on the internet. It's that simple.

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
I will fondly remember the long and engaging threads from when Murphy played Mount Airy in '05 and '06, Thomasville in '05, West Montgomery in '07 and Albemarle in '09. The Mount Airy threads were mostly a lot of trash talk, the Thomasville, West Montgomery and Albemarle threads a mix of mutual respect and trash talk. All of them fun in their own way. All 4 of those schools use to have a ton of posters on NCPreps but now Albemarle is the only one of the four that has more than a couple.

Those were good times. I would consider the mid '00s the heyday of NCPreps. The threads from when Elkin was at their peak and people debating whether they could have beat the Thomasville teams. The rivalry threads with Elkin - Starmount, Mount Airy - Starmount, Albemarle - Thomasville, Thomasville - West Montgomery, James Kenan - Wallace Rose Hill, Murphy - Swain and Murphy - Robbinsville on the 1A boards. Any of the Lincolnton, Maiden, Reidsville, Clinton or SW Onslow threads on the 2A boards. The Tuscola - Pisgah, Crest - Shelby, AL Brown - Concord, Crest - South Point threads on the 3A boards. The Independence threads when they were killing everyone and the Richmond - Scotland threads on the 4A boards. It was a lot of fun, just not the same now.

Last edited:
If it makes you guys feel any better, I got called an ignorant f**k by a mom because I said the Swain boys need to have the uniforms & that blow up helmet taken away because they didn't earn it. I still laugh when I think about it. Too bad it wasn't on here.

Buzz quit on his own ,He did not get banished. Someone made him mad and he said he was done and did nit come back. I think someone needs to take that name, He is not around here now and don't care. We need a new buzzcoach !
hell, everyone from MA gets their panties in a wad and quits, some several times......

If it makes you guys feel any better, I got called an ignorant f**k by a mom because I said the Swain boys need to have the uniforms & that blow up helmet taken away because they didn't earn it. I still laugh when I think about it. Too bad it wasn't on here.

Agree. How soft do they think football is????

Slip over to the WM/NM thread. Some bubbles of old trash talking are surfacing.

3daughters u sound like u was jealous of that guy. He told me what was done to him and it sounds like u was the little wussy girl that went crying to big brother.

Well, I'm relatively new to ncpreps but I do like to push buttons and BS people. It's never anything personal or ment in a mean way. It's all in fun! Nobody on here, that I've seen anyway, has called anybody out for an old fashioned ass whipping or anything. Except BDHarris and EM91 in the 1a ranks.(I'm taking EM91 in that one, he's s big dude and I've known him since I was a kid). But sadly this will probably be my last season on here. My son will graduate and so will my nephew. I only know a few of the ones coming up so my interest will definitely be less. But, it's been fun and I've met some good people who share the same passion for football as I have. Peace out and Go Warriors!

I agree with MA Bearman. I always read the threads, but they are not like they used to be.

Sorry, but I just don't post anymore. This is probably my only post this year. I hope you guys keep it going.

It's a combination of things. Having actually run a UT board for a period of time, it's very time consuming, tiring - people complaining, people complaining about the complaining, making sure people don't post copyrighted material, fixing it when they do. I understand coaches getting upset, people are going public with stuff that used to be talked about at the barbershop or local diner. Of course if people posting anonymously would remain anonymous, the heat would still be there but you wouldn't feel it.

Most importantly, time marches on both for us and technology.

One thing I have noticed through the years and it still holds true today is the fact that the 1A Board dominates all the other classifications on NCPreps. 3A runs second and then 4A and 2A. 1A posts and replies outnumber the rest. This is somewhat fascinating because you would think that 1A schools would have smaller fan bases than these 1000+ 3A and 4A schools. I believe its due to the fact that 1A fans are more passionate about football, at least I know thats true with the SMC! Any ideas about why this is?
My thoughts on this...as a smaller school and community we..as fans...know our players on a more personal level. Not all of us may have a family member playing but maybe a neighbor, church member..etc..It just makes the game more personal.

Reactions: ESOD and Buzzard15
Back when Cherokee was winning conference and the Mt. Airy / Starmount rivalry was the last time I remember it being good. Texting, Twitter and other social media sites took over message boards.

When did Cherokee win the SMC?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT