ADVERTISEMENT

Mincy Moves to Charlotte and Joins Mallard Creek

Do these parents understand that only 4 or 5 dbs can play st the same time? They have more than 5 dbs with D1 looks. I know of one kid that transferred into hough this offseason, realized too many kids are coming in just like him, and already transferred out to another CMS school I believe.

They are selling Lake Front property, State Championships, soft schedule and non-commitable offers @ Hough...lol 8 DB's with D1 offers.

Last edited:
That's a good one Page ;) but I don't think Northern had that many guys transfer in 1 class good lord. They usually got 3 or 4 back in the Roscoe days per year. Now those 3 or 4 were Blue Chip Keenan Allen, TJ Logan, Mook Reynolds etc.

I'm not accusing Hough of recruiting, because I'm sure its all legit. it just seems a bit weird/offputting in the same light that the N Guilford situation did. When a school doesn't have the tradition of winning and success to have people move into the district naturally it somewhat raises suspicion. Of course I don't know all of the background circumstances with private/home schoolers in Hough's district.

I always wondered why Hough never gets bad press abput recruiting like N.Guilford

Actually Hough has DB who transferred in from Mallard Creek who could not rise on the depth chart. He is not an offer type kid so he is going to fight for playing time. Most of those extra DB's will probably live on special teams which is not all bad for the program.

There's only so many lakefront property they can offer b4 all the houses on the lake are filled up smh

Hough is the new Northern Guilford

You'll be required to extinguish your I Love Johnny Roscoe bumper stickers that so proudly adorn your front bumper , turn in the purple dice that make your rear view mirror home, you'll have to go to Cone Hospital to get the colorful tat of Mister Roscoe removed from your forearm, you'll be required to foot race TJ Logan down Spencer Dixon Road, the loser required to walk the back roads to Whiteville, N.C. and back, it will required of you to take Etiquette 101 at the Jamestown campus of GTCC, and during the Grimsley game, you'll be required to wear blue and sit in the Whirlie student section. Thank you for your cooperation concerning this matter. Have a wonderful day, Sir.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Actually Hough has DB who transferred in from Mallard Creek who could not rise on the depth chart. He is not an offer type kid so he is going to fight for playing time. Most of those extra DB's will probably live on special teams which is not all bad for the program.

2 kids transferred from MC, The other one was a ninth grader zoned for MC, and decided to make the move. He started for Hough Varsity and allegedly has a UNC offer. He wouldn't have started on the JV team last year. Oh well. Go Huskies!

Did Maye leave Hough for Meyers Park?

He's not currently on the roster, but i heard he will play for Myers Park. Him joining Wr Elijah Bowick a V Tech committ and Wr Mushin Muhammad will be scary.

Last edited:
When is the trade deadline this year again, i forget. Are there any notable lineman available on the waiver wire? Apparently we have a need and maybe we can pick 1 or 2. Of course we will have to make sure they can fit into our salary cap.

When is the trade deadline this year again, i forget. Are there any notable lineman available on the waiver wire? Apparently we have a need and maybe we can pick 1 or 2. Of course we will have to make sure they can fit into our salary cap.

When someone figures out how to put together a off season lineman competition that has all stars from an area competing against other areas like 7 on 7 or AAU basketball that is when you will see a ton of lineman movement. It is mainly this factor that is driving a lot of this consolidation of skill talent.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Unfortunately you are right. But be careful what you wish for.

"Kevin Garnett says AAU has killed the NBA"-Kevin Garnett in an NBATV interview

Also see what impact travel baseball and AAU baseball have done to high school baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT