ADVERTISEMENT

Mincy Moves to Charlotte and Joins Mallard Creek

No matter how many skill guys you have, you can't win without the trench mob. A huge part of MC's success.

Reactions: portcity FB
I feel for the kid who since December felt like he was going be the starter.

I feel for the kid who since December felt like he was going be the starter.

Don't feel sorry for him. The Creek ran 4 rb's last year. Nothing is changing. He will share the backfield with 3 this year. 6'2" 220 lb 4star Trenton Simpson, who's a rising junior and senior Joshua Mcintyre. With the majority of the OL returning. A lot of smash mouth running this year. One RB alone would not be able to carry the load.The Creek has always rotated their backs. Who and the world, runs a 1 back offense these days?

Last edited:
Get to see how a 3 star from Cali. stacks up against the talent of MC and NC. Hard for me to imagine he is that much better than what they already have.

I do have a couple of questions that I would love to hear the masses response to: #1) If you were the Head Coach and got a transfer like this would you feel pressure or an obligation to make sure he got his carries or are you going to play the best player for your team? Because they may not be the same kid. #2) Does anybody else besides me have a problem with his responses to the "what do you hope to accomplish here at MC?"

Not trying to start anything just curious.
I ask #1 because he is coming in rated by someone in a different region, versus different competition, maybe even different styles or football.

I ask #2 to find out how out of touch I may be with today's youth.

Going to be interesting to see how his season unfolds, wish him nothing but the best

Get to see how a 3 star from Cali. stacks up against the talent of MC and NC. Hard for me to imagine he is that much better than what they already have.

I do have a couple of questions that I would love to hear the masses response to: #1) If you were the Head Coach and got a transfer like this would you feel pressure or an obligation to make sure he got his carries or are you going to play the best player for your team? Because they may not be the same kid. #2) Does anybody else besides me have a problem with his responses to the "what do you hope to accomplish here at MC?"

I ask #1 because he is coming in rated by someone in a different region, versus different competition, maybe even different styles or football.

Going to be interesting to see how his season unfolds, wish him nothing but the best

The Hough guys could better assist you with that question.

Malik Barber: Nations Ford,SC
Diandre Davis: North Meck
Jalen Frazier: East Lincoln
Austin Robinson:Lake Norman
Kennique Bonner-Seventy First
Myles Baker: Newton Conover
Evan Pryor: Ardrey Kell
Kyle House:Seventy First
Mario Love: Mallard Creek
Storm Monroe: Moorseville
Zion Pack: Mallard Creek
Antonio Barber: Rock Hill, SC

Throw in a few they got from Davidson Day. They have over 15 D1 guys who transferred from other schools.

#2 question: I put nothing pass a 17 year old kid with a mic in front of him.

Last edited:
Smh amazing. I wonder if they're going 2 bribe I mean convince that big o lineman 2 come over also smh.

The new player is from Los Angeles. There is enough talent within a fifty mile radius of the center of LA to power several BCS teams. Look at the players on major college rosters that come from a Southern California high school. Oregon, Washington, Utah, Arizona, in addition to the Cali schools. A lot of talent in that area.

Mincey is not the big blaster MC usually runs between the tackles but he will be a nice change of pace with Simpson. I think by the time they finish their careers Simpson may very well be recognized as the better back but he is a grade behind.

You play who will win the game for you but you always give the player that has been in the system every chance to be that guy. When it comes time for the game you play to win.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Always interesting that the focus is on the new guys and transfers. Guess its that time of year. Truth is everyone gets a few. SOme more than others. Believe me that when the story is written on the 2018 Mavericks it wont be about the newcomers. They return a boat load from last year especially on the Oline. I think the best group since 2015, maybe even 2013. The senior and junior classes have been on back to back undefeated JV squads and the truth be told most of those games were not competitive.

They will get some help from some new blood like every year but inthe end ( like always) it will be the Oline and front 7 on defense that will dictate wins and losses.

.Saw a kid kicking the ball in the end zone consistently and another kicking 50 yard field goals. Kicking game at the Creek is more exciting than another stud RB.

Don't feel sorry for him. The Creek ran 4 rb's last year. Nothing is changing. He will share the backfield with 3 this year. 6'2" 220 lb 4star Trenton Simpson, who's a rising junior and senior Joshua Mcintyre. With the majority of the OL returning. A lot of smash mouth running this year. One RB alone would not be able to carry the load.The Creek has always rotated their backs. Who and the world, runs a 1 back offense these days?
Schools with 1 good RB.

Reactions: Diddydontplay

I don't think any coach owes any player anything but a fair shot. If the kid is good enough he will get his carries, if he isn't he will not.

Throw in a few they got from Davidson Day. They have over 15 D1 guys who transferred from other schools.

Man this is quite a list of transfers. I knew they were getting one or two a year but wow is all that I can say. Also I didn’t know that Baker from NC is there. He is a really good athlete.

Are you saying that Hough recruits are you simply poking fun at them?

Independence, Mallard Creek, Scotland now Hough???? by the way...Kennique Bonner left 71st due to Davis and went to Jack Britt, got caught up in the mix splitting time as a receiver and left for Hough.

Always interesting that the focus is on the new guys and transfers. Guess its that time of year. Truth is everyone gets a few. SOme more than others. Believe me that when the story is written on the 2018 Mavericks it wont be about the newcomers. They return a boat load from last year especially on the Oline. I think the best group since 2015, maybe even 2013. The senior and junior classes have been on back to back undefeated JV squads and the truth be told most of those games were not competitive.

They will get some help from some new blood like every year but inthe end ( like always) it will be the Oline and front 7 on defense that will dictate wins and losses.

In no way am i claiming or implying that MC makes their way with imported talent. On the contrary, it is the reason why I asked the question. Does a head coach have an obligation to honor a recruiting service opinion or not. For example, let's say 5 star kid from Cali transfers to 5A school in Georgia joins team and plays sparingly because the coach feels his other RB is better for their system. Is that coach doing a disservice to the highly regarded transfer? Could it hurt him in regards to offers? I agree with btango, you play the best for your team. If the transfer earns it he earns it but i couldn't in good conscience just give him a job because of the stars he brings with him. Just wanted to know how others view the situation.

In no way am i claiming or implying that MC makes their way with imported talent. On the contrary, it is the reason why I asked the question. Does a head coach have an obligation to honor a recruiting service opinion or not. For example, let's say 5 star kid from Cali transfers to 5A school in Georgia joins team and plays sparingly because the coach feels his other RB is better for their system. Is that coach doing a disservice to the highly regarded transfer? Could it hurt him in regards to offers? I agree with btango, you play the best for your team. If the transfer earns it he earns it but i couldn't in good conscience just give him a job because of the stars he brings with him. Just wanted to know how others view the situation.

Palmieri at MC get's calls from parents all over the US inquiring about there kids relocating to the Creek. The majority of them never show. He gets that because of his success. They put a lot of work into the JV program, that's why the JV has lost only 1 game in 4 years. 90% of the players have been with the program since the 9th grade. That along with the elite players wanting to relocate, comes with the success. If you attend one day of practice on the 1st official day of practice. You have to set out the entire season, if you decide to relocate.The last 5 years MC has lost 15 to 20 players before the 1st day of practice, because of the competition. You never hear about the kids who leave.

Only 33 five Stars in Class of 2018, they don't grow on trees. A 5 star is not a recruiting service opinion. It's the opinion of every Power 5 Head coach in the nation.. Out of the 33 in the Class of 2012, only 3 didn't end up on NFL rosters. Coach not playing a 5 star, should probably pick another profession. Play the best guy and keep it moving. Very seldom if ever is a regular kid going to beat out a 5 star. What Coach tells Zamir White or Quavaris Crouch their rb is better for his system? LMAO!

Last edited:

The short answer is the HC has an obligation to play the best player period. That said it isnt always that clean cut. The 5 star kid is a no brainer and in 80% of the cases the 4 star kid is as well. As talented a group of kids Mallard Creek has had over the years I can think of maybe 5 or 6 kids who were legit 4 or 5 star kids. Now....there were a couple who may have gotten that rating at one point but as most know it is far from an exact science. The reality is that some schools ( MC is one of them) that because of reputation find themselves with some kids that become highly recruited with very little actual production on the field.

I think most cases a kid like Crouch, Zamir or Elijah Hood walk on the field they are gonna play just about anywhere they want. I have seen multiple highly rated kids walk on the practice field at MC and look very average in comparison to the kids that have been in the system for a couple of years. Almost all of them struggle in the weight room initially.

Sadly what happens in many cases is the new transfer walks in and the kid who is already there decides to transfer out. This happened a couple years ago and I am pretty sure if the kid would have stayed and competed he would have found himself in a starting role by mid-season. This has been a common occurrence at the college level for sometime now. Nobody wants to compete. They just looking to be slotted into a starting position.

So literal. Ok I'll rephrase, Zamir White transfers in but you already have Todd Gurley and Leonard Fornette in your program. Gurley and Fornette have been with you for 4 years, White moves in for whatever reason for 1 year. Do you feel obligated to make everybody happy or do what is best for the team?

"5star is not a recruiting service opinion. It's the opinion of every Power 5 Head coach in the nation."

You sure about this? If that is true then maybe a lot of those coaches should "pick another profession" because those guys rated J.J. Watt as a 2 star, Gunner Kiel as the #1 QB and the 19th overall pick this year wasn't even rated.

So literal. Ok I'll rephrase, Zamir White transfers in but you already have Todd Gurley and Leonard Fornette in your program. Gurley and Fornette have been with you for 4 years, White moves in for whatever reason for 1 year. Do you feel obligated to make everybody happy or do what is best for the team?

Come on Man! Zamir Whites not going to transfer to High School that has Todd Gurley and Leonard Fornette. Your scenario has a -50% chance of happening.

Last edited:
"5star is not a recruiting service opinion. It's the opinion of every Power 5 Head coach in the nation."

You sure about this? If that is true then maybe a lot of those coaches should "pick another profession" because those guys rated J.J. Watt as a 2 star, Gunner Kiel as the #1 QB and the 19th overall pick this year wasn't even rated.

Yep! I'm sure. I'm not big on stars, but 5 stars are elite. JJ Watt was recruited as a TE. It's evident he was playing the wrong position. Gunner Kiel decomitted twice and played for 2 different schools. Nothing is guaranteed. Kids also fall under the radar.

Only reason I question if you are sure on the source of the stars kids receive is because I was reading an article the other day that talked about how some services rate based on performance at camps and combines. While other services rank or rate off of actual game footage. And then there are those that use both.

Only reason I question if you are sure on the source of the stars kids receive is because I was reading an article the other day that talked about how some services rate based on performance at camps and combines. While other services rank or rate off of actual game footage. And then there are those that use both.

I'm just talking about 5 star kids, nothing else. No source needed. Year to Year, the majority of them end up on NFL rosters.

Rivals ranking system

What does the numerical Rivals Rating (RR) mean?
6.1 = Five-star prospect

6.0-5.8 = Four-star prospect

5.7-5.5 = Three-star prospect

5.2-5.4 = Two-star prospect

6.1 Franchise Player: considered one of the elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation's top 30-35 players overall, a potential first-team All American candidate and a player deemed to have first round NFL potential.

6.0-5.8 All American Candidate:considered one of the next-tier elite prospects in the country, generally among the nation’s top 300-325 prospects overall, a national All American candidate and a player deemed to have first to third round NFL potential

5.7-5.5 All Region Selection: considered among the region’s top prospects and generally among the nation’s top 800-850 prospects overall, a potential All-Conference candidate and a player deemed to have mid to low-end pro potential and ability to impact at the college level.

5.2-5.4 Low End FBS prospect: considered a mid-major prospect with limited pro potential and expected to contribute 1-2 years at a high level maximum or often as a role player.

Is it an exact science? No. Do they hit and miss with players certainly.

Todd Gurley was a 2-star at the start mainly because he was from a “small hs in rural ENC”. I vehemently argued with others that Todd was a 5-star to no avail. He ended up a high 4-star.

There are cases also of 5-stars playing like 2-stars when they get where there going.

It’s all subjective.

Hough is the new Northern Guilford
That's a good one Page ;) but I don't think Northern had that many guys transfer in 1 class good lord. They usually got 3 or 4 back in the Roscoe days per year. Now those 3 or 4 were Blue Chip Keenan Allen, TJ Logan, Mook Reynolds etc.

As someone who jus finished the whole recruiting process I know it's s horribly flawed system but it's definately a good measuring stick 2 go by. I preach on Twitter jus like I mentor other parents who kids is about 2 go thru the recruiting process...pick 3 REALISTIC schools n starting n 9th grade visit that school, go 2 the camps n make urself known n establish a relationship with those coaches. When it comes down 2 it it' all about relationships. As far as creek man it' like new England n belicheck...they created a system over there which starts in junior high. N those kids stay in that system til 12th grade...same as Catholic n Shelby etc. They have a winning culture over there

That's a good one Page ;) but I don't think Northern had that many guys transfer in 1 class good lord. They usually got 3 or 4 back in the Roscoe days per year. Now those 3 or 4 were Blue Chip Keenan Allen, TJ Logan, Mook Reynolds etc.

The list of Hough players were not “transfers” from one school year or calendar year.

The closing or drop off of some private school programs in their area also brought players in. It does not even register to me if a player lives in the district and returns to public school from a private school especially if the private dropped their program.

The list of Hough players were not “transfers” from one school year or calendar year.

The closing or drop off of some private school programs in their area also brought players in. It does not even register to me if a player lives in the district and returns to public school from a private school especially if the private dropped their program.

The majority of the new players were recruited by the DB coach, who has access to them from his 7 on 7 team. That's why their roster is loaded with db's. Some kids came from Davidson Day when Grier left the program.

The majority of the new players were recruited by the DB coach, who has access to them from his 7 on 7 team. That's why their roster is loaded with db's. Some kids came from Davidson Day when Grier left the program.

they came from Davidson Day because Hough's LB coach is Coach Monroe who is also the founder of Linebacker University who has a lot kids from out of state participating in his LBU so I wonder if he has a big influence of bringing kids in???

they came from Davidson Day because Hough's LB coach is Coach Monroe who is also the founder of Linebacker University who has a lot kids from out of state participating in his LBU so I wonder if he has a big influence of bringing kids in???

I doubt he has a lot of influence on skill guys. There is no they. They had a few from DD, but Nolan Grouix is the only big time kid that came from Davidson Day.. Storm Monroe from Mooresville is Coach Monroe's nephew. That's pretty much it from LBU pipeline.

Last edited:
Do these parents understand that only 4 or 5 dbs can play st the same time? They have more than 5 dbs with D1 looks. I know of one kid that transferred into hough this offseason, realized too many kids are coming in just like him, and already transferred out to another CMS school I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT