ADVERTISEMENT

Max Preps 2a rankings after week 9

Thanks

It took me almost 4 hrs to get to Reidsville. I may try and take in a game at Cherokee or Swain County. I just want to go out that way before the second round of the playoffs.
If you really want to get out that way and watch a game go next Friday and watch Robbinsville v Swain … that’s going to be a knock down drag out of a game and it’s at Big Oaks . The leaves will be amazing and a cold night of very good mountain football

Who Clinton faces for the eastern championship will have a lot to do with the pairings. There’s a good chance the two best teams in the east may face off before the eastern championship, it’s happened before
That’s true, after re-reading my post I meant largest crowd ever ED has hosted. Of course it wouldn’t be the largest crowd ever lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980 and daagoob
That’s true, after re-reading my post I meant largest crowd ever ED has hosted. Of course it wouldn’t be the largest crowd ever lol.
Yea it would be huge. I’d be tempted to miss our own playoff game to see that. I went to ED around 5 years ago when they played North Davidson in the Eastern final. They had a huge crowd for that game. ED had the best entrance I have ever seen for a high school game. I watched the Burns game yesterday and ED’s entrance that year was better than Burns. So one would want to be there early to see everything cause I guarantee you there will be one helluva fireworks show as ED comes out!

If you really want to get out that way and watch a game go next Friday and watch Robbinsville v Swain … that’s going to be a knock down drag out of a game and it’s at Big Oaks . The leaves will be amazing and a cold night of very good mountain football
Thank you for telling me about this game. I’m going to do some research on this game. This may be what I’m looking for.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Yea it would be huge. I’d be tempted to miss our own playoff game to see that. I went to ED around 5 years ago when they played North Davidson in the Eastern final. They had a huge crowd for that game. ED had the best entrance I have ever seen for a high school game. I watched the Burns game yesterday and ED’s entrance that year was better than Burns. So one would want to be there early to see everything cause I guarantee you there will be one helluva fireworks show as ED comes out!
I was at the ED/Nirth Davidson game. Saw Dunn who kicked for NCSU kick

Ok, Thanks I knew you guys would know better than me. I was just checking them out on max preps and saw it only said 1A conference where others I thought usually say 1A/2A conference.
Not sure of this fully answers the question. From this article, I think all the schools in Martin County combined athletic programs into one team starting this year.

not grizz...but without a doubt Madison County would be the school that is most western in 2A................
rambbq, respectfully, according to GPS-Coordinates.net, Brevard would be farther west than Madison County (located in Marshall, NC).
Brevard, NC: 82° 44’ 3.45”
Marshall, NC: 82° 41’ 2.152”

* These are degrees, minutes and seconds of the towns of Brevard and Marshall, generally, rather than GPS coordinates. I didn't want to post the GPS of the schools, but Brevard would still be farther west.

rambbq, respectfully, according to GPS-Coordinates.net, Brevard would be farther west than Madison County (located in Marshall, NC).
Brevard, NC: 82° 44’ 3.45”
Marshall, NC: 82° 41’ 2.152”

* These are degrees, minutes and seconds of the towns of Brevard and Marshall, generally, rather than GPS coordinates. I didn't want to post the GPS of the schools, but Brevard would still be farther west.
Thanks Lincolnton, I hope your doing well. I believe Brevard is where the Snow White squirrels are. Our family loves western Nc and East Tennessee and if possible we would love to relocate out there in the future.

Daagoob, It’s always good to hear from you. I’m well, and hope you and your family are too.
The Brevard area is really nice and you would be a fine addition to that part of the state,
Incidentally, you’re right about the squirrels. Even their radio station is WSQL. They’re also know for their waterfalls.

I heard someone say the other day he hasn’t made it in the nfl yet, that’s hard to believe
I knew that night at ED that NCSU had finally found themselves a kicker. He was warming up kicking them out of the stadium
He had an injury in his sophomore season that followed him into his jr year. He was kicking when he shouldn’t of been. Both of his parents were sick at one time and it was during Covid restrictions and he went months not being able to see them during that time. That was the same time he missed the kicks at Clemson. He was going through a lot during that time. I felt so sorry for him. I was asked not to mention it back then. I’ll still keep most of it private. I don’t follow the nfl so I had no idea he wasn’t on a team. I’ll have to give his dad a call one day and see how things are going. I don’t know if he ever gets on this board now or not. @ChrisDunn

Last edited:
Thanks

It took me almost 4 hrs to get to Reidsville. I may try and take in a game at Cherokee or Swain County. I just want to go out that way before the second round of the playoffs.
If you don’t want to change time zones you could always stop in next Friday near NC Zoo. Heard there’s a game scheduled between a high seeded 1A team and an undefeated orange/blue team that somehow is 3 seed in 2A west…
Unfortunately game is being played at the HS with the roundabout so it’s possible you might not get off that thing 😂

If you don’t want to change time zones you could always stop in next Friday near NC Zoo. Heard there’s a game scheduled between a high seeded 1A team and an undefeated orange/blue team that somehow is 3 seed in 2A west…
Unfortunately game is being played at the HS with the roundabout so it’s possible you might not get off that thing 😂
I wouldn’t mind going to the zoo now. I just went with the family to the Norfolk Zoo a few days ago. All I wanted to see was the Meercats and their display was closed. I’m sure I probably spelled that wrong. I wouldn’t mind going to see that polar bear at the Asheboro Zoo.

I wouldn’t mind going to the zoo now. I just went with the family to the Norfolk Zoo a few days ago. All I wanted to see was the Meercats and their display was closed. I’m sure I probably spelled that wrong. I wouldn’t mind going to see that polar bear at the Asheboro Zoo.
You might be able to get lucky and see one of the Red Wolves as well. Those things never seem to be out when I'm there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT