ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek needs FB games

Traveling out of state isn't overrated because if they play a very good team from another state like GA. and if the star athletes on the team have a good game against any good team in GA. their stock is going to go up two fold because of the way they perform against some of the highly recruited kids in the country especially around the metro Atlanta area. If the family can find money to go on vacation they will find money or away to go see their kids play in a big out of state game in the Atlanta area and can get if necessary a good rated hotel at a decent overnight stay if they wanted too. Thanks.

Mallard Creek has zero issues with recruiting and dont need to play a GA school to help with that. Currently 55 kids playing in colleges and over 100 in the 10 years as a school. I believe they are #8 in the country with those numbers. There isnt a HC in the southeast that doesnt have Palmieri on speed dial.

Money is certainly a issue and vacation isnt on the priority list for many of these families. Last year a deal was done with Grayson and Grayson backed out because they needed to be at home.

The schedule is finalized, that said the way things work teams back out all the time so things could change. Not sure I am at liberty to post, if I get permission I will but there isnt gonna be anything earth shattering. Good schedule, plenty of challenges for a team returning 7 starters.

Shhhh. I think Catholic still having nightmares of them creek boyz when they go to sleep.

Just out of curiosity, what is so secretive about the schedule? Are the games not all finalized?

Just out of curiosity, what is so secretive about the schedule? Are the games not all finalized?

Could be several things. I think if they were ready they ( meaning Davanzo and the school) would announce. The person who told me asked me to keep it quiet but that was a week ago. Just like any info I don't post until I'm told its OK. I wouldn't even have said it was full but saw Nepsy already had. He would know.

I saw somewhere they play de la Salle I think or someone mentioned it somewhere.... true?

There isn't gonna be a De LA Salle game or anything of that caliber. I think people have to understand that this will be a team with 7 starters back and 3 on offense. Lots of talent in the mix but this team wont be taking on national powers in weeks 1-4.

Someone from Charlotte posted it on twitter but I couldn't tell if that was a game they had planned or a game he just wanted to see. Langeston Hughes of Charlotte observer I believe.

I couldn't tell because I didn't know if Mallard creek had reached out with them and talked.

I was asking what the connection to de la salle was? Like if Mallard creek talked to them because that's a pretty exact team to name them being so far away

He wrote "in my dream". Just an opening week he would like to see.

I would prefer Shelby v MC.

3 and 4 loss teams the prior year should play big games the first game the following year? Isn't this based off of name recognition only?

Last edited:
3 and 4 loss teams the prior year should play big games the first game the following year? Isn't this based off of name recognition only?
Looks like he wanted only teams with multiple champions that's why the Scots didn't come to mind

Multiple championships from 20 years ago? Four loss teams without a head coach doesn't equate to a huge gate.

Week One at Memorial Stadium next year. Got to be make sense for travel and logistics. Charlotte versus neighboring NC teams.

Prefer to see teams that will not have the chance to meet in the playoffs but prefer to see Scotland match up with Butler. Catholic and AL Brown are a rivalry but they should play come postseason if they are good enough.

Kannapolis or Scotland v Butler or Catholic.
Shelby v Mallard Creek.

California was prepared to stop their schools from playing them. They held off on that but it appears it is coming.

Glen West, president of the Texas High School Coaches Association, asked that Texas high school coaches not schedule games with IMG

I know I ain't the brightest candle on this cake, but what's the purpose? Why would a H.S.team want to go to Cal., Fla., Ga. Texas etc. to play one football game? We have plenty competition right here...and still don't even know who our best team is... j/curious to each his own.

I know I ain't the brightest candle on this cake, but what's the purpose? Why would a H.S.team want to go to Cal., Fla., Ga. Texas etc. to play one football game? We have plenty competition right here...and still don't even know who our best team is... j/curious to each his own.

Bishop Gorman out of Vegas. Travels to Texas,2 games in Florida, California, and Hawaii. They have the money and that's what they do. @ The Creek they don't have that type money, and although they have attempted to play teams as far as Florida. Finances play a major part!

Dutch Fork traveled to Allen, Texas and played in a nail biter. falling short to Allen
58-53........

I guess teams travel for different reasons? If it's in their budget, i have no problems with Teams traveling out of State regardless of the competition they have in their State.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
IMG is not a high school team, they're an AAU all-star football team.
Well look at all the high schools that play the private schools teams in basketball like Oak Hill Academy,High Point Central,Word Of God, etc. it's the same still high school kids the coaches just got to coach better and practice their players harder when they play a team like IMG. They are not unbeatable. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT