ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek football schedule

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Here is the schedule for Mallard Creek. I just seen 9 games. So if anyone knows who the 10th one is I will edit in.
I find couple interesting non conference games. Anyone know what kind of season Mallard Creek could have.

8/24 vs Prince Avenue Christian Sat game. TBD… A team from Athens, GA who went 14-1 last year
8/30 vs Cardinal Gibbons
9/6 vs Grayson high- From Loganville, GA
9/20 at West Charlotte
9/27 vs Hopewell
10/6 North Meck
10/10 vs Harding
10/18 at Hough
10/25 vs West Meck
11/1 vs Chambers

Last edited:
Here is the schedule for Mallard Creek. I just seen 9 games. So if anyone knows who the 10th one is I will edit in.
I find couple interesting non conference games. Anyone know what kind of season Mallard Creek could have.

8/24 vs Prince Avenue Christian Sat game. TBD… A team from Athens, GA who went 14-1 last year
8/30 vs Cardinal Gibbons
9/20 at West Charlotte
9/27 vs Hopewell
10/10 vs Harding
10/18 at Hough
10/25 vs West Meck
11/1 vs Chambers
North Meck 10/6

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I don’t have a clue on who they are returning. Mallard Creek will always be really good defensively the offense is usually the concern. I see them like Butler, 2-4 losses in the regular season but making a deep playoff run.

MC is taking on tough opponents. I have no doubt that they will dominate the field and come out victorious. I know MC has what it takes to rise above the challenge. The concern above all is that December has been their Achilles heel, but I have a feeling that this time will be different.

Mallard Creek has over 40 seniors who have been through the program with Tinsley his whole tenure. They have a new OC and an incredible amount of team speed on both sides of the ball.

You never say this about Mallard Creek, but I think they're an under the radar title contender. The key will be how fast they come together with the new scheme offensively, but they have enough to make a run for sure.

Mallard Creek has over 40 seniors who have been through the program with Tinsley his whole tenure. They have a new OC and an incredible amount of team speed on both sides of the ball.

You never say this about Mallard Creek, but I think they're an under the radar title contender. The key will be how fast they come together with the new scheme offensively, but they have enough to make a run for sure.
What I am concerned about is that MC has had all the same expectation, energy, strength and skill set years prior, yet they failed to clinch the victory. And here we are, years later, with that same feeling lingering in the air. But what I am saying is, they have failed before, but that doesn't mean they will fail again.

This season, they have a seasoned group that has learned from their past mistakes. So dont dwell on the past, yet focus on the present. Who knows, this might just be the year they finally bring home that long-awaited win.

9/6 @coach_merritt

L1fCNKuwHUdiJiwit8CM28gyXvU=.gif

8/30 vs Cardinal Gibbons
9/20 at West Charlotte
9/27 vs Hopewell
10/6 North Meck
10/10 vs Harding
10/18 at Hough
10/25 vs West Meck
11/1 vs Chambers

Mike Bobo's son plays for PAC

What I am concerned about is that MC has had all the same expectation, energy, strength and skill set years prior, yet they failed to clinch the victory. And here we are, years later, with that same feeling lingering in the air. But what I am saying is, they have failed before, but that doesn't mean they will fail again.

This season, they have a seasoned group that has learned from their past mistakes. So dont dwell on the past, yet focus on the present. Who knows, this might just be the year they finally bring home that long-awaited win.
You talk like MC has never won a State Championship before.

We are definitely one of the fastest Football teams in the Southeast. These 2 aren’t even the fastest on the team. 4 more like them. The slow guys run 4.5’s If we get the offense rolling. It’ll be trouble. If not, we’ll repeat last year’s results. Gotta put points on the board

You talk like MC has never won a State Championship before.
Did I really PP44? MC - the one and only football program that has been dominating the field since the legendary Tommy Knotts left. With their unmatched determination, grit, and passion, this team has proven time and time again that success is not a destination, but a journey. They may have faced setbacks, but they never lost sight of the ultimate goal. That only fuels their hunger and determination to reclaim the throne. Put an end to unnecessary arguments PP44.

Prince Avenue Christian is definitely going to be a tough matchup, along with Grayson. MC could start 1-2 in that first three game stretch, or they could get one of them and go 2-1. 3-0 in that first three is too much to ask.

Yeah I'm expecting a close win over Prince Avenue Christian. Grayson will be very interesting. Grayson isn't what they used to be but they're still one of the better teams in GA. MC could definitely go 2-1 possibly 3-0. Problem with Tinsley coached teams is always OFFENSE
Maybe the new OC can turn it around.

Another season, another roller coaster ride. they are gaining experience, sending talented kids off to college, but man, it's been tough watching them lose it all at the finish line. But hey, that's life, right?

All comes down to QB play. Last year they had one of the most explosive kids in the state and just couldn't get him the ball. Wautaga playoff game he was by far the best athlete on the field and he touched the ball twice in first half. Scored on one of them. I expect they will be very good on defense again.

Speaking of Grayson high, seen where Tyler Atkinson number 1 linebacker prospect in the state has signed to NIL deal with Adidas.

I am curious about Prince Avenue Christian. Their record for the last 4 years is:

2020 13-1
2021 13-2
2022 14-0
2023 14-1

Don't know what level of competition they play, but they are from Athens, Ga., which is a hot bed of football, to say the least.

They may be better than some people assume, like Dillon a few years ago, or they may get blown out. I have a feeling they may make a good showing. I guess that's why they play the game.

PAC just moved up to 2A. Back to back state champions in 1A Div 1. They return a good bit on both sides of the ball but have to replace their QB. Their schedule is much harder this year for some reason. West Forsyth, Mallard Creek, Blessed Trinity and Westside (SC).

Last edited:
PAC just moved up to 2A. Back to back state champions in 1A Div 1. They return a good bit on both sides of the ball but have to replace their QB. Their schedule is much harder this year for some reason. West Forsyth, Mallard Creek, Blessed Trinity and Westside (SC).
Maybe you knew this, but that's West Forsyth in Cumming, Georgia; not West Forsyth near Winston Salem..

Reactions: 704Dawg
Yeah, the one in GA. They're 6A. That's a big step up for PAC.
Yeah like wow. such a tough chaotic schedule. Too tough. I'm so worried about MCs goal. What is the goal with this schedule. To confuse and frustrate them? Is it to win the championship or to just collect participation trophies? Are they supposed to aim for the moon or just settle for mediocre? Can't wait to see how this brilliant plan plays out.

MC will be very good. Only issue is the other teams in their conference will be very good too. Hough and WC will be a handful for MC. Will have to wait and see on Chambers. At WC 9/20 could be two undefeated teams. Think MC goes 2-1 first part of season.

MC issue as noted above is offense. In Tinsley first year MC avg. 34 which is skewed because of a 62-0 win over Mooresville and just 7 games. Then last year 25 ppg but factor in a 53-0 vs. Harding then 48-0 Hopewell. That same Harding team gave up 70 2x, and a 60, and another 50. So the 53 MC got is less impressive and tells me they are playing defense with their offense.

-Of their losses none were shoot outs and the offense failed miserably. Buford 7, Gaffney 7, WC 15, Hough 6, Watagua 14. What do these 5 teams have in common? They all play physical disciplined team speed defense. Until MC can play offense for offense, and get away from slowing the game down on offense they will have a similar record. They are excellent defensively, just have to find a away to be more explosive on offense. If they get the offense on track this team will win 10+ games this season. To well coached and talented.

Reactions: Champ_24 and btango
MC will be very good. Only issue is the other teams in their conference will be very good too. Hough and WC will be a handful for MC. Will have to wait and see on Chambers. At WC 9/20 could be two undefeated teams. Think MC goes 2-1 first part of season.

MC issue as noted above is offense. In Tinsley first year MC avg. 34 which is skewed because of a 62-0 win over Mooresville and just 7 games. Then last year 25 ppg but factor in a 53-0 vs. Harding then 48-0 Hopewell. That same Harding team gave up 70 2x, and a 60, and another 50. So the 53 MC got is less impressive and tells me they are playing defense with their offense.

-Of their losses none were shoot outs and the offense failed miserably. Buford 7, Gaffney 7, WC 15, Hough 6, Watagua 14. What do these 5 teams have in common? They all play physical disciplined team speed defense. Until MC can play offense for offense, and get away from slowing the game down on offense they will have a similar record. They are excellent defensively, just have to find a away to be more explosive on offense. If they get the offense on track this team will win 10+ games this season. To well coached and talented.
Yeah like wow. such a tough chaotic schedule. Too tough. I'm so worried about MCs goal. What is the goal with this schedule. To confuse and frustrate them? Is it to win the championship or to just collect participation trophies? Are they supposed to aim for the moon or just settle for mediocre? Can't wait to see how this brilliant plan plays out.
and the goal with this schedule is?

Game one should be a get right game for Mallard Creek's offense from the sounds of it, if they can get to the QB within the confines of their defense, they should win.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Yeah I'm expecting a close win over Prince Avenue Christian. Grayson will be very interesting. Grayson isn't what they used to be but they're still one of the better teams in GA. MC could definitely go 2-1 possibly 3-0. Problem with Tinsley coached teams is always OFFENSE

PAC doesn't normally play anyone like this. They apparently had trouble finding teams this year. Mallard Creek's speed could be a problem. Swainsboro gave them some trouble last year with Demello Jones. They do have an offensive line though for a little school. Grayson is a different animal.

and the goal with this schedule is?
Think these games were scheduled a while ago. MC has been a national brand last 10 years and has a roster of NFL/college guys so they get exposure. So they will get big games as they are a big fish regardless of record. Now if they continue decline we could see schedule lighten.

Think these games were scheduled a while ago. MC has been a national brand last 10 years and has a roster of NFL/college guys so they get exposure. So they will get big games as they are a big fish regardless of record. Now if they continue decline we could see schedule lighten.
I have NOT seen any improvement nor National Success at all. It's like they're stuck in some time warp where mediocre plays and uncoordinated teams are the norm.

MC has not been able to show any improvement in big out state scheduled games
2023 - Gaffney (L)
2022 - Buford (L) South Pointe (L)
2021 - Gaffney (L)

Let me tell you, this experience has left a lasting impression on me. The energy of the crowd, the passion of the players, and the thrill of the game have been like nothing I had ever seen before. I was hooked.

But as the years went by, I couldn't help but notice a pattern. Every time friends attended these games, they saw the same teams dominating the field. Don't get me wrong, they were talented and put up a good fight, but it seemed like MC never stood a chance against them.

I began to wonder, why was this happening? Were these out of state teams just naturally better? Or was there something else at play here? I couldn't shake off this curiosity, so I decided to do some digging.

After talking to coaches, players, and even some die-hard fans, I discovered the truth. These out of state teams had access to better resources, training facilities, and coaching techniques that given them an edge over MC. And it wasn't just one or two teams, it was a trend that had been going on for years.

My heart broke for MC who has given it their all.

• Haha
Reactions: nepsy7
I have NOT seen any improvement nor National Success at all. It's like they're stuck in some time warp where mediocre plays and uncoordinated teams are the norm.

MC has not been able to show any improvement in big out state scheduled games
2023 - Gaffney (L)
2022 - Buford (L) South Pointe (L)
2021 - Gaffney (L)

Let me tell you, this experience has left a lasting impression on me. The energy of the crowd, the passion of the players, and the thrill of the game have been like nothing I had ever seen before. I was hooked.

But as the years went by, I couldn't help but notice a pattern. Every time friends attended these games, they saw the same teams dominating the field. Don't get me wrong, they were talented and put up a good fight, but it seemed like MC never stood a chance against them.

I began to wonder, why was this happening? Were these out of state teams just naturally better? Or was there something else at play here? I couldn't shake off this curiosity, so I decided to do some digging.

After talking to coaches, players, and even some die-hard fans, I discovered the truth. These out of state teams had access to better resources, training facilities, and coaching techniques that given them an edge over MC. And it wasn't just one or two teams, it was a trend that had been going on for years.

My heart broke for MC who has given it their all.
2019- Mallard Creek (W) against Gaffney
2022- Mallard Creek (W) against Gaffney

No coach, player or MC fan told you the Creek lost because of better resources, training facilities, and coaching techniques, 😂 😂 😂 COME ON MAN! You didn't do any digging either. You're bored as Hell.

Last edited:
Buford was 6th ranked team in the country when they played and they lost 10-7.

Hard to call them a national powerhouse any more. They have been good, competitive at times but certainly not at the level they were from 2010- 2017. Talent is down some mostly on the Oline and skill positions
That said....without Brand, Palmieri struggled with offense at times as well.

I like that they schedule these teams and in general I think it's a net positive. I wish some of these other powerhouse teams would schedule up....specifically Weddington but there are others.

Buford was 6th ranked team in the country when they played and they lost 10-7.

Hard to call them a national powerhouse any more. They have been good, competitive at times but certainly not at the level they were from 2010- 2017. Talent is down some mostly on the Oline and skill positions
That said....without Brand, Palmieri struggled with offense at times as well.

I like that they schedule these teams and in general I think it's a net positive. I wish some of these other powerhouse teams would schedule up....specifically Weddington but there are others.
I think the biggest difference for Mallard Creek was the size and talent on the offensive line. When all else failed they can maul you up front and run the ball. They were consistently one of the bigger teams in the southeast.

There was a time 10-13 years ago teams avoided Mallard Creek. Teams from other states and teams in North Carolina wouldn’t play them. It’s part of the reason why Butler and Mallard Creek played during the regular season for some years because they couldn’t find opponents. My point is Mallard Creek has always tried to schedule tough opposition even before winning their championships.

I am cool with NC teams playing tough competition from other states. They don’t have to be national powerhouse programs. Chambers doesn’t get enough credit for scheduling tough teams.

I think the biggest difference for Mallard Creek was the size and talent on the offensive line. When all else failed they can maul you up front and run the ball. They were consistently one of the bigger teams in the southeast.

There was a time 10-13 years ago teams avoided Mallard Creek. Teams from other states and teams in North Carolina wouldn’t play them. It’s part of the reason why Butler and Mallard Creek played during the regular season for some years because they couldn’t find opponents. My point is Mallard Creek has always tried to schedule tough opposition even before winning their championships.

I am cool with NC teams playing tough competition from other states. They don’t have to be national powerhouse programs. Chambers doesn’t get enough credit for scheduling tough teams.
Dont think Coach Brand and Coach Littlejohn get enough credit for that time period at MC. Brand was super aggressive offensively and had that MC offense rolling. Without him they defaulted to the mauler type power run game. While effective, teams can catch on to it, and with no threat of a passing attack it makes them easier to defend when playing great teams or the 2nd matchup between teams. IE Hough, Chambers.

Also MC is in the most naturally talented areas in the state. They get players yearly. Not sure their talent pool gets discussed much, but its incredible.

Reactions: nepsy7
2019- Mallard Creek (W) against Gaffney
2022- Mallard Creek (W) against Gaffney

No coach, player or MC fan told you the Creek lost because of better resources, training facilities, and coaching techniques, 😂 😂 😂 COME ON MAN! You didn't do any digging either. You're bored as Hell.
Mallard Creek is sponsored by Under Armour. They are a UNDENIABLE team. It requires them to play in big games every year, against National successful programs.
I have a confession to make... Sometimes in life, we have to face defeat and accept that things don't always go as planned. We all strive for 100%, but what happens when we fall short? Do we give up and hide in embarrassment? Absolutely not. Every loss, every failure, every setback is a stepping stone towards success. Turns out MC has a winning out of state scheduled game percentage of 33.33%...yikes, yes, you read that right. If I were to include Dutch Fork, it would drop that percentage dramatically and that's not what I am here for. But hey, let's not dwell on that, I'm just here for a good time, not a math lesson.

I have a confession to make... Sometimes in life, we have to face defeat and accept that things don't always go as planned. We all strive for 100%, but what happens when we fall short? Do we give up and hide in embarrassment? Absolutely not. Every loss, every failure, every setback is a stepping stone towards success. Turns out MC has a winning out of state scheduled game percentage of 33.33%...yikes, yes, you read that right. If I were to include Dutch Fork, it would drop that percentage dramatically and that's not what I am here for. But hey, let's not dwell on that, I'm just here for a good time, not a math lesson.
I thought MC was around 7-7-1 ish off the top my head if we are going off their history of playing out of state games

• Haha
Reactions: Pepsi.Man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT