ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Talent compared to 2023

Accusations ? How can it be shut down for accusations when all of your fellow posters have confirmed in some sort of way , shape form or fashion. How , the only travesty is you barneyboys not being proud of your programs accomplishments and that others are coming and wanting to be part of it. Everyone on here knows you are a joke fanbase that is always whining and crying when things don't go your way. Even at some points in time eating away at each other on who can be the best barneyboy poster. You sir and others are a disgrace to your program and community. The portal thread was to do just what it has done, watch you and your barneyboys come unwound and to the point you cant even tell the simple truth. JOKE.

Transferring and stuff going on everywhere just not in Mount Airy. It’s a new age in sports.

Starmount has gained some from Forbush and North Iredell and lost some to Reagan and East Wilkes.
I guess the rumor was true that a North Iredell player transferred to Starmount. North Iredell also lost their best rb to Lake Norman. With Starmount having alot going for them with their program with athletes. Why would a Starmount player want to transfer to East Wilkes?

Last edited:
I guess the rumor was true that a North Iredell player transferred to Starmount. North Iredell also lost their best rb to Lake Norman. With Starmount having alot going for them with their program with athletes. Why would a Starmount player want to transfer to East Wilkes?
What's wrong with EW?

He wanted to switch positions and had a better opportunity to play running back at EW. Great kid.

Reactions: Doppleganger#
Nothing wrong for the past several years East Wilkes runs a respectful program in Class 1A, but their not a Starmount or a MT Airy in that region when it comes playoff time.
I'm just messing with you. Last years squad was really young and produced a positive year. Hoping to improve on that success this year and hoping for a deeper run this year with next year being the best chance in the future for a deeper run.

Transferring and stuff going on everywhere just not in Mount Airy. It’s a new age in sports.

Starmount has gained some from Forbush and North Iredell and lost some to Reagan and East Wilkes.
Thanks Deanna, Agree with this post 100 percent. Don't know why everyone gets so offended by it. It is a reality of the time we live in. Transfers / portal is terminology only. one should be proud of a program that has a tradition and rooted in success that others are trying to be a part of. I do agree the name calling and terminology i have used needs to be toned down. It has been used knowing the sensitivity of the subject and the fanbase. They can dish it out but ask for it to be stopped when it is returned. I enjoy the fodder its always just fun and games. Now since transfers are the new Norm Let me reassure all of 1a football that the Mayberry is loaded and yes weather they want to admit it or not ( which each of them have in some way shape or form on the post i have made ) They have added the pieces needed . When rosters come out and the scrimmages happen in Grayson county i will come back and remind everyone of what was said. Bears beat the rams by 28. It stays close for a half and beats Tarboro by 14, possibly more. So last post on here Barneyboys and Barney gals. The porkchop sammich i had today in barneyboro was good but the ice cream at cf jones gave me the trots. The old dude behind the counter must have been Mr full of S8tlly himself trying to get back at me for laying down the truth that them barneyboys was trying to keep top secret . Maybe it was buzzboy that spiked my ice cream, ooops probally not he wouyld have eaten it all. Maybe td last night , well he wouldnt remember and never leaves the house. who knows , who cares . Over and out

Thanks Deanna, Agree with this post 100 percent. Don't know why everyone gets so offended by it. It is a reality of the time we live in. Transfers / portal is terminology only. one should be proud of a program that has a tradition and rooted in success that others are trying to be a part of. I do agree the name calling and terminology i have used needs to be toned down. It has been used knowing the sensitivity of the subject and the fanbase. They can dish it out but ask for it to be stopped when it is returned. I enjoy the fodder its always just fun and games. Now since transfers are the new Norm Let me reassure all of 1a football that the Mayberry is loaded and yes weather they want to admit it or not ( which each of them have in some way shape or form on the post i have made ) They have added the pieces needed . When rosters come out and the scrimmages happen in Grayson county i will come back and remind everyone of what was said. Bears beat the rams by 28. It stays close for a half and beats Tarboro by 14, possibly more. So last post on here Barneyboys and Barney gals. The porkchop sammich i had today in barneyboro was good but the ice cream at cf jones gave me the trots. The old dude behind the counter must have been Mr full of S8tlly himself trying to get back at me for laying down the truth that them barneyboys was trying to keep top secret . Maybe it was buzzboy that spiked my ice cream, ooops probally not he wouyld have eaten it all. Maybe td last night , well he wouldnt remember and never leaves the house. who knows , who cares . Over and out
Tell me, how do you know the Bears will beat the Rams by 28 and you don't even know who all is on the Rams team? 🤔 I don't think anyone is beating Tarboro by 14 this year.

If this is such the norm now then Wth call out MA and make a big deal out of it. MA had 1 kid transfer and a couple that moved and enrolled last year. Mr whatever knew what he was doing when he started the BS. And it was BS! If its the norm why bring it up

To me the really sad part is: Why the moderators on this site let it go? A site that should be for sharing information, even poking lightly, our neighbors or being poked lightly, bragging a little and keeping everyone across the State up to date with the going and comings.

But, in my opinion, there is no room for the hate filled spewing of pure CRAP from the likes of "MRMAN".

So the question comes to WHY IS IT ALLOWED.
The answer: in hopes that it increases the number of "hits".
Why is this important? apparently that is where the Moderators get, if not the majority, then a significant amount of advertising $$$.

Moderators, Shame on YOU.

If this is such the norm now then Wth call out MA and make a big deal out of it. MA had 1 kid transfer and a couple that moved and enrolled last year. Mr whatever knew what he was doing when he started the BS. And it was BS! If its the norm why bring it up
2 transfers and 2 that moved in late last year, didnt play but will this year. Kid from Surry Central and Kid from East Surry transferred in this year Shame on the MA fans for always dishing it out but not taking it so well. Just one spat between buzzboy and td is ten times worse than the FACTS STATED BY MR MAN. SHAME ON YOU WHITLLEY. I would happily support this page from a significant financial aspect for allowing the truth to be spoken. Truth just hurts some more than others.

2 transfers and 2 that moved in late last year, didnt play but will this year. Kid from Surry Central and Kid from East Surry transferred in this year Shame on the MA fans for always dishing it out but not taking it so well. Just one spat between buzzboy and td is ten times worse than the FACTS STATED BY MR MAN. SHAME ON YOU WHITLLEY. I would happily support this page from a significant financial aspect for allowing the truth to be spoken. Truth just hurts some more than others.
I think the kid that transferred in from here was a wrestler. I don't believe he's playing football although he is a hell of a specimen. I think he want to state championship this year as a wrestler. But I don't believe he's playing football.

Truth is most of us fans don't know or keep up with all the students that relocate in the state or even this county. We do know there is enough talent returning from last year along with what will move up to make this team a contender again this year.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
YOU Can NOT GET ANY FACTS Correct ANYTIME. You just spew crap and lies.

REWhitley said:
The one (young man) from Surry Central is all that I know about and, according to what I have been told, this young man was actually going to go to East Until Lowman left. Then he and his father requested a transfer to Mt Airy.

I have heard but do not know for a fact, that one or two families moved from Charlotte to Mt Airy and have enrolled their children here.
I do not know, and have not heard of anybody from Tennessee.

I would not help, nor I do not believe, anyone from the Mount Airy administration would be a part of "recruiting" anyone to come to MA for purposes of "sports". I agree with this statement 100 percent

I certainly did not mean for anyone to take my previous "tongue in cheek" comment to be taken as anything but stupid chatter.

And I will be 73 this August 16 and hope to combine our first tailgating with a Happy Old Age Celebration that you are certainly invited to attend, even if you do not plan to stay for our game. And I certainly hope East Surry lays a "whupping" on Robbinsville this year.

I do admit that the name calling was a bit much but Funny to say the least 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Hearing the crying😓😓😓😓😓😓 was even funnier 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😂

Now tell me where i have been misleading in my information? I'm just reiterating what you have said MR WHITTTTLEY all along. So why should anyone be ashamed for letting an individual post what is being said. Deanna smacked me in the back of the head for the name calling as she should.

YOU Can NOT GET ANY FACTS Correct ANYTIME. You just spew crap and lies.

I do admit that the name calling was a bit much but Funny to say the least 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Hearing the crying😓😓😓😓😓😓 was even funnier 😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😂

Now tell me where i have been misleading in my information? I'm just reiterating what you have said MR WHITTTTLEY all along. So why should anyone be ashamed for letting an individual post what is being said. Deanna smacked me in the back of the head for the name calling as she should.

Troy WatsonSr.WR, RB6'0"185 lbs

ON THE ROSTER ACCORDING TO MAXPREPS
I think that has more to do with Mount Airy not really giving a crap about MaxPreps other than the RPI rankings and all that stuff. They've got people on there from 2 years ago. 3 years ago actually. All the guys at graduated this year are still on there so at least you have to know that. I'm sure Mount Airy wishes that Derek dandy and Tyler Mason and Mario rebels and Walker stroke were back. I bet they really do. I just don't think the people at Mount Airy put much stock into the social media Twitter wars like our former head coach did. He's worse than a teenage girl.

Troy WatsonSr.WR, RB6'0"185 lbs

ON THE ROSTER ACCORDING TO MAXPREPS
Man that kid is not the kid that you're talking about. Or that I'm talking about. That kid transferred to East before last season. He played for us last year. Didn't play much because he was hurt. He came from Mount Airy. I think his dad's the police chief in Mount Airy actually. But I'm not sure. He's still here. So he's not the kid that transferred from east. That kid was a wrestler it's not that kid. Same for the kid from Tennessee. He's only wrestling.

I think that has more to do with Mount Airy not really giving a crap about MaxPreps other than the RPI rankings and all that stuff. They've got people on there from 2 years ago. 3 years ago actually. All the guys at graduated this year are still on there so at least you have to know that. I'm sure Mount Airy wishes that Derek dandy and Tyler Mason and Mario rebels and Walker stroke were back. I bet they really do. I just don't think the people at Mount Airy put much stock into the social media Twitter wars like our former head coach did. He's worse than a teenage girl.
Yes you can't go by maxpreps rosters now. Most show players from 4 years ago.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Man that kid is not the kid that you're talking about. Or that I'm talking about. That kid transferred to East before last season. He played for us last year. Didn't play much because he was hurt. He came from Mount Airy. I think his dad's the police chief in Mount Airy actually. But I'm not sure. He's still here. So he's not the kid that transferred from east. That kid was a wrestler it's not that kid. Same for the kid from Tennessee. He's only wrestling.
THANKS for clarification Roughtrader4444 , You are the ONLY one that is willing to have an honest conversation. A REAL poster that adds REAL VALUE to the conversation. YEs i do understand that maxpreps info isn't correct concerning the previous players still on roster. The kid in reference has never been on a mount airy roster and was on the east surry roster last year. Roughtrader 4444 has the scoop. i am more interested in the two families that moved to MA from Charlotte that whittley is referring to but for some reason continues to deny. What value do those players / TRANSFERS add to Mayberry . Obviously they add something as the Mayberry fanbase knows they are there but when asked dont know . Need to bring in Barney to do a full on investigation

Coming from a poster that post RACIST comments. Does IGNORE mean to continue to post? You BIG DU------- as Fred Sanford would say
Can anyone tell me anything I have said racist, please? I have never been racist and you seem to be so racist that you have to put it all in capital letters. I do not answer the biggest part of your posts because you remind me of someone who used to be on the basketball boards maybe 4 to 6 years ago and was as obnoxious as you are ! ! ! You can start all the crap you want to but do not bring racism on here and stop making untrue accusations. You are just another Mount Airy hater that will say anything to get under Bear fan's skin, is all I see. You are full of crap is what I think ! ! ! 🫲SMH🫱

Last edited:
Reactions: REWhitley
Can anyone tell me anything I have said racist, please? I have never been racist and you seem to be so racist that you have to put it all in capital letters. I do not answer the biggest part of your posts because you remind me of someone who used to be on the basketball boards maybe 4 to 6 years ago and was as obnoxious as you are ! ! ! You can start all the crap you want to but do not bring racism on here and stop making untrue accusations. You are just another Mount Airy hater that will say anything to get under Bear fan's skin, is all I see. You are full of crap is what I think ! ! ! 🫲SMH🫱

Take care of selling your candy, Candy Man and that was not meant as your candy mind is thanking. Just another Mount Airy hater that needs to take a nap old man. I never even thought of it as you are thinking with your dirty candy mind. It is just an old man's dirty mind and I changed it since you were the only one that made a big deal out of it as meaning something bad. You are so jealous because you support a losing team ! Again to everyone else I was not even thinking of it like Candy Man. Maybe he needs to stop eating so much of his Candy Store's candy. Too much sugar causes problems with every part of the body including the brain. Myself and most people I know don't think like that. I had to search the definition to see why you responded like that ! Have a sweet day Candy Man. lol, and my apologies to everyone else for my poor choice of a phrase.
Obviously others complained, so I was asked to edit it. I have no idea what it meant, but I don’t Think it was good. You didn’t take care of it in the post that quoted you.

JUST SAYING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS for clarification Roughtrader4444 , You are the ONLY one that is willing to have an honest conversation. A REAL poster that adds REAL VALUE to the conversation. YEs i do understand that maxpreps info isn't correct concerning the previous players still on roster. The kid in reference has never been on a mount airy roster and was on the east surry roster last year. Roughtrader 4444 has the scoop. i am more interested in the two families that moved to MA from Charlotte that whittley is referring to but for some reason continues to deny. What value do those players / TRANSFERS add to Mayberry . Obviously they add something as the Mayberry fanbase knows they are there but when asked dont know . Need to bring in Barney to do a full on investigation
Why does this matter? If their families moved to the area from Charlotte and are legitimately in Mt.Airy. Who cares? Even if it is for a football opportunity, they moved so that isn’t the transfer portal. We have people moving to the mountains where I live in droves for all kinds of reasons; jobs, quality of life, scared the ocean is coming to get them when it rises, feel more comfortable being gay/transsexual in Asheville than where ever they came from,….. The point being they are moving to the area and some of them happen to be decent at sports. I’m sure Mt. Airy is seeing families seeking them out to escape wherever they are currently from for all kinds of reasons. Some good, some stupid, and maybe some sports related but they’re moving to the area for some reason. Yes, Mt. Airy is an obnoxious NCPreps fanbase at times but this doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal. You’re acting like they are smuggling in kids to run through their football factory and that doesn’t appear to be the case.

Why does this matter? If their families moved to the area from Charlotte and are legitimately in Mt.Airy. Who cares? Even if it is for a football opportunity, they moved so that isn’t the transfer portal. We have people moving to the mountains where I live in droves for all kinds of reasons; jobs, quality of life, scared the ocean is coming to get them when it rises, feel more comfortable being gay/transsexual in Asheville than where ever they came from,….. The point being they are moving to the area and some of them happen to be decent at sports. I’m sure Mt. Airy is seeing families seeking them out to escape wherever they are currently from for all kinds of reasons. Some good, some stupid, and maybe some sports related but they’re moving to the area for some reason. Yes, Mt. Airy is an obnoxious NCPreps fanbase at times but this doesn’t seem to be that big of a deal. You’re acting like they are smuggling in kids to run through their football factory and that doesn’t appear to be the case.

SEE BELOW -> I AGREE WITH YOUR POST

We had to remove a two word phrase that was very offensive and refers to an African-American person.

We had to remove a two word phrase that was very offensive and refers to an African-American person.
So FINALLY a Moderator did something about this "JERK". Why did it take so long??? And so limited?

You remove a racial slur. Great. You should have. But is calling Mt Airy and its various fans all type of discussing names is ok?
What if he was constantly going after Starmount? Would you step then?

There is a lot of jealousness on this Broad toward Tarboro, Eastern Randolph, Robbinsville and especially Mt Airy the past several years.
What are you going to do when it turns to Starmount?

I hope it never does. Is the extra few dollars you and or NCPREPS gets by the additional "hits" generated by this "Jerk" really worth what you lose in respect?

Deana, notice that you and I are the only individuals on this site that actually DO NOT HIDE behind a made up name. What I say I am saying openly, directly, and in in this case, without happiness. Please do your job.

Reactions: buzzcoach
So FINALLY a Moderator did something about this "JERK". Why did it take so long??? And so limited?

You remove a racial slur. Great. You should have. But is calling Mt Airy and its various fans all type of discussing names is ok?
What if he was constantly going after Starmount? Would you step then?

There is a lot of jealousness on this Broad toward Tarboro, Eastern Randolph, Robbinsville and especially Mt Airy the past several years.
What are you going to do when it turns to Starmount?

I hope it never does. Is the extra few dollars you and or NCPREPS gets by the additional "hits" generated by this "Jerk" really worth what you lose in respect?

Deana, notice that you and I are the only individuals on this site that actually DO NOT HIDE behind a made up name. What I say I am saying openly, directly, and in in this case, without happiness. Please do your job.
What dont you get sir , It was a MA Poster making the racial slurs. NOT MYSELF. It was MYSELF only stating the facts that your fan base put out there as highlighted above. IT WAS I that said there was nothing wrong with it and that you should be proud of a program that others want to be a part of . I APOLOGIZE FOR REFERING TO YOUR FANBASE AS BARNEYBOYS and your town BARNEYBORO. IT is your FANBASE that used illicit language. NOT MYSELF. Yes IT WAS I that baited you into a HIDEOUS conversation that your FANBASE admitted to as NOTED above several times then became combative when asked to elaborate. IT WAS YOU THAT TOOK THE BAIT. Funny thing is as noted above you answered all the questions in your post and then became hostile when pressed for more information. Hilarious. Deana answered the question the right way when Starmount entered the conversation. She plainly said that Starmount had kids transfer in and a couple transfer out. Detailed information and admitted to what we all know to be true. Transfers and recruiting are a part of it. Hate to say it but it is what it is. GREAT ANSWER DEANA. Now if we are going cast stones at the charter schools for recruiting or taking transfers then all of HS sports athletics needs to look in the mirror. All i know is if my kid was a football player and talented, playing at a school not successful in football and i wanted him to have an opportunity then you dang right i would be transferring to a school that has a heck of a football program. Why become hostile , that makes it look like you are trying to hide something. Thanks for the entertainment. I knew where this would go when it started , i knew how your fanbase would react. We see it every year when buzz and td go at it or when some one hurts the others feelings. No other fanbase out there like it. This reaction is bout like talking about that Patrick county connection and the slew of running backs that's came to ----------- from there. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣. Now I'm gonna tuck my way back into the woods of JOKES county. Shoot off some Bottle rockets, drank a beer or 10, Pull for my beloved Cougars, especially against that other team and enjoy some football in Teachy NC when I'm at work. Good luck with your all star team this year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT