ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

Best of luck to Drake Maye as he enters the NFL Draft. I do wish he could stayed another year.
I second that, but I still totally disagree with these players not playing the bowl games. Is there obligation to the university done for the scholarship, the scholarship that leads to a degree that will stay with them there entire life.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I second that, but I still totally disagree with these players not playing the bowl games. Is there obligation to the university done for the scholarship, the scholarship that leads to a degree that will stay with them there entire life.
It is not like they are playing a big time bowl game with major implications to the program on the line.

The season was destroyed with the loss to Virginia and it went downhill from there.

I feel pretty confident he has more than "paid back" the university.

It is not like they are playing a big time bowl game with major implications to the program on the line.

The season was destroyed with the loss to Virginia and it went downhill from there.

I feel pretty confident he has more than "paid back" the university.
I agree, btango. But here’s another viewpoint. UNC is gaining a reputation as a school that has their stars opt out. Just like with FSU losing out on the playoff because of their QB situation, I think it does begin to affect the level of bowl game they receive. Which does start to have a corrosive effect on the program.
It was obvious when Tez opted out, Drake wasn’t playing. Who knows what that ripple effect had on others. It’s just unfortunate that everything about college athletics has become about me, me, me. Microcosm of our society in this decade.

I agree, btango. But here’s another viewpoint. UNC is gaining a reputation as a school that has their stars opt out. Just like with FSU losing out on the playoff because of their QB situation, I think it does begin to affect the level of bowl game they receive. Which does start to have a corrosive effect on the program.
It was obvious when Tez opted out, Drake wasn’t playing. Who knows what that ripple effect had on others. It’s just unfortunate that everything about college athletics has become about me, me, me. Microcosm of our society in this decade.
If you are recruiting right you shouldn’t care who opts out. I would like to see Milton opt out so I could see Nico era start. Milton has nothing to gain playing against Iowa defense. Jaylen Wright will opt out plus Small at RB. Awesome I want to see Dylan Sampson and Freshman Cam Seldon get the carries. Playing in a bowl that means nothing doesn’t do upper classman any good especially if you are going to the NFL. These meaningless bowl games are about younger players getting extra practice plus your early enrollees that come in for bowl practice.

If you are recruiting right you shouldn’t care who opts out. I would like to see Milton opt out so I could see Nico era start. Milton has nothing to gain playing against Iowa defense. Jaylen Wright will opt out plus Small at RB. Awesome I want to see Dylan Sampson and Freshman Cam Seldon get the carries. Playing in a bowl that means nothing doesn’t do upper classman any good especially if you are going to the NFL. These meaningless bowl games are about younger players getting extra practice plus your early enrollees that come in for bowl practice.
In essence, you’re proving my point. Rather than being a reward for players and fans, and a celebration of the team’s accomplishment, most bowl games are a glorified scrimmage for next year’s players.

In essence, you’re proving my point. Rather than being a reward for players and fans, and a celebration of the team’s accomplishment, most bowl games are a glorified scrimmage for next year’s players.
It’s far from a scrimmage. It’s real reps against another team.

I don’t have a problem with opt outs especially in a situation where in a couple months some of these kids will be able to financially support their whole family after the draft.. And in response to scholarship statement, each scholarship is on a year by year basis so each side(school and player) have a day to change it each year.. See Colorado and Deion last year

Mack has already said that fans should be happy with 8 wins, so I'm sure he'll get his 3rd DC hire in 6 years right
It's all we know so yea, we expect it. At least the big donors put enough pressure on him to make these moves. I expect he'll have less say so in the DC hire than he has in the past.

Reactions: mtnpack
Was going to happen at some point but still feels stunning. Hands down the best in the modern era, maybe of all time
Hendon Hooker will go down as the only TN QB to beat Saban while he was at Alabama

The State of Tennessee is going to save us again. North Carolina needs to join the suit with the way Walker was done

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT