ADVERTISEMENT

MA vs Tarboro for the Ship!

Congrats to Mt Airy! That was two really good teams battling out there today. The difference came down to Tarvikes posting that dookie video on this very thread. Its hard enough to beat a great team like Mt Airy without putting dook taint all over the Vikings. No team can overcome that kind of curse. That stuff don't wash off!

Congratulations to MA. I just watch the game this morning. I was watching the Falcon Friday and Saturday so I recorded it and stayed off here so I didn't know the outcome.
MA totally won the LOS. Score could've been worse. The only weak spot for MA was on short yardage. Do they not run power I ever? 4th and 2 out of the gun? Other than that it was near flawless performance by the Bears.

I really have to say I'm not sure Tarboro is the 2nd best team in the state.

I think 3 or 4 western teams could've made it a game with tarboro.

2022 State Champs
Mount Airy Granite Bears.

Congratulations to MA. I just watch the game this morning. I was watching the Falcon Friday and Saturday so I recorded it and stayed off here so I didn't know the outcome.
MA totally won the LOS. Score could've been worse. The only weak spot for MA was on short yardage. Do they not run power I ever? 4th and 2 out of the gun? Other than that it was near flawless performance by the Bears.

2022 State Champs
Of the teams that Mount Airy played imo, Eastern Randolph would have been the next best team to compete with Tarboro.

Of the teams that Mount Airy played imo, Eastern Randolph would have been the next best team to compete with Tarboro.
I see your point but it's about matchups and I think Draughn would match up really good verses Tarboro also. Robbinsville would've been a good match up for Tarboro also. If we had a kicker. Remember we had the same yards as MA vs ER . 5 trips in side the 15 with no point.

MA should be #1 contender next year.

Maybe we get to see that infamous MA vs Robbinsville rematch next year in The Granite city. That would set the server a blaze at Ncpreps. Thunder, I live on Main Street in MA and I can assure you all is quite here. It’s Blantons , Eagle Rare and Pappys on special occasions. Last night was one of those

Any word on Derick Dandy from the Bear Faithful . Also was I the only one surprised that gallimore didn’t get any post game awards. I thought he had a Luke wheeler type game on the defensive side of the ball. That young man stood out to me. With the exception of the interception he was a boss on that field

MA #32 got hurt first series and Freshman #22 came in did the job. I'm giving shout out to #65 Landon Cox this kid played solid both sides. Freshman #71 what a beast in middle of D. #15 smacked RBs in mouth all night. #25 was a beast running and on D. #5 MVP enough said. #59 is a Sr and will be missed what a great game he played. All those guys up front amazing job. Shout out to injured #64 #75 #32 we don't make it here without you guys. Great sportsmanship for both teams. Go Bears!

I see your point but it's about matchups and I think Draughn would match up really good verses Tarboro also. Robbinsville would've been a good match up for Tarboro also. If we had a kicker. Remember we had the same yards as MA vs ER . 5 trips in side the 15 with no point.

YOU DIDN’T WIN THAT GAME BK..
I know you think you would have with a kicker…
But you didn’t…
And two top defensive players for ER didn’t even dress like they did against MA!!
Keep at it though.
You are consistent

I voted for Gallimore as Defensive Player of the Game. He had 14 tackles and took every snap at QB. Evidently, some of my media colleagues didn’t have the same opinion as I did. Kid was a warrior all year for you guys.

Stroup did have a great game as well once we figured out who he was. Lol…if he forgot his jersey like buzz said.

I voted for Gallimore as Defensive Player of the Game. He had 14 tackles and took every snap at QB. Evidently, some of my media colleagues didn’t have the same opinion as I did. Kid was a warrior all year for you guys.

Stroup did have a great game as well once we figured out who he was. Lol…if he forgot his jersey like buzz said.
It's what Principle Dorsett told us.

Think he has lead the team and conference all season in tackles. He is a leader

But you didn’t…
And two top defensive players for ER didn’t even dress like they did against MA!!
Keep at it though.
You are consistent
I am going to be honest here again, Draughn's line on both sides of the ball would have been too slow for Tarboro and they would have had an easy time with their size and speed against Draughn. As we all say mostly, the line of scrimmage is where ball games are won and lost except in unusual cases where the special teams determine the outcome.

Congrats to all 1A teams. Best classification in NC for team support and much better talent than they get credit for. It was a fun year, and especially for the champions. Got to remember that this Tarboro team was almost as good as the Bears. MA had maybe a little better offense, a little better defense, a much better special team, and a more relentless effort. If you look at the score and think another team could hang with Tarboro, I think you would be wrong. Tarboro's offense is lethal, but the Bears swarming defense were well prepared and coached. MA covered all of Tarboro's threats. Great execution of a great game plan. Going to the six-man front, starting the game with only QB and tailback instead of the triple option, surprised and confused Tarboro until they figured it out and made awesome adjustments. Then, the special teams of MA won the game.

Edit: I thought if it became a defensive struggle, special teams would come into the picture, and MA has a "special" special team. Up 20-0 in 3rd quarter because of special teams and defense.

Last edited:

2022 State Champs
I'd have to agree

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
But you didn’t…
Keep at it though.
You are consistent
You should be following basketball lol

Reactions: BK13T-$

MA should be 1 seed next year, but who knows SMC is wide open as is Mitchell Heritage and of course the all county wildcats lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT