ADVERTISEMENT

MA vs Tarboro for the Ship!

Congrats to all 1A teams. Best classification in NC for team support and much better talent than they get credit for. It was a fun year, and especially for the champions. Got to remember that this Tarboro team was almost as good as the Bears. MA had maybe a little better offense, a little better defense, a much better special team, and a more relentless effort. If you look at the score and think another team could hang with Tarboro, I think you would be wrong. Tarboro's offense is lethal, but the Bears swarming defense were well prepared and coached. MA covered all of Tarboro's threats. Great execution of a great game plan. Going to the six-man front, starting the game with only QB and tailback instead of the triple option, surprised and confused Tarboro until they figured it out and made awesome adjustments. Then, the special teams of MA won the game.

Edit: I thought if it became a defensive struggle, special teams would come into the picture, and MA has a "special" special team. Up 20-0 in 3rd quarter because of special teams and defense.
Remember special teams set up all 3 scores. First touchdown came 5 plays after a nice Tyler Mason opening kickoff return. The 2nd touchdown came after a Tyler Mason 30-yard punt return resulting in short field, and the last MA touchdown was after a punt was blocked and MA took over inside the 20. The only Tarboro score came off of a 15-yard "drive" after an interception return. Defense and special teams completely dominated the game.

Anybody heard anything bout Draughn? My buddy at work said on 92.1 big dog this morning announced the head football coach had resigned?

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Anybody heard anything bout Draughn? My buddy at work said on 92.1 big dog this morning announced the head football coach had resigned?
I had been wondering if the QB may go elsewhere. I think a school can take one transfer per year and the transfer play that year. Was that not passed by the NCHSAA a few years back ? Heck, so many things change it is hard to keep up with what the NCHSAA is doing. I don't think they know. LOL... Or was it something talked about that did not pass, all though I am thinking it did.

Reactions: Purple1995
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT