ADVERTISEMENT

MA @ STARMOUNT

What a great time to be a Bear Fan. Every game is that game. The Rams host a very daunting task For this Bears team. It’s another one of those as North Surry and East Surry games. A RIVALRY GAME, in a very adverse environment. Well thank goodness the Bears have been here already this year and have stepped up to the plate each time. They have played in this atmosphere not just this year but throughout the two year run and a couple state championships to boot. I think the attitude in practice this week will be buisness as usual and no unneeded pressure applied. This is a program defining game for the Rams and it’s another game for the bears against a quality opponent. I can’t imagine the pressure on the rams kids to meet the expectation the community has put on them. I truly hope it’s a good game. I think also one would be awful nieve to think the pressure is on the bears , after all rumor has it this is a down year and all the talent has left for Blacksburg. A junior laden team , that has come to the expectation to win. Winning is a habit right? This group and coaching staff has an awful good habit of finding a way to win. Just saying. The Bears will be honored to play the role of the Dawg on Friday night. After all these boards have said it’s a down year in the granite city. I mean again just saying. I would say that in booneville Friday night you will find a group of Bears and coaches ready to take advantage of the opportunity to convert some doubters into believers,

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
The same thing can be said about the Ram players and coaches. Maybe they want to turn doubters into believers and this is their chance. A date that’s been circled on every Ram player and coach’s calendar.

Who knows what will happen as we are talking about teenagers?

Just glad to see the excitement back at Starmount.

Should be an entertaining thread this week!

Reactions: gdawg74
Biggest game at Starmount since the 2014 1AA Western Finals versus Swain County (state championship trip on the line).

Most anticipated matchup at Starmount since the 2003 Elkin-Starmount matchup on Halloween night. The biggest crowd I have seen at Starmount in 25 years. It was a traffic and parking nightmare with Trick or Treating going on along with the game. Fans were there at 4:00 tailgating.
You know Deanna I saw some of your posts on past Starmount teams. I agree with you on the great Rams teams you mentioned, but one. 1998 1A State Championship Rams team that held on to win 22-20 against NW Edgecombe in title game!! That was a good Starmount team!!

The defense for both teams. So far Starmount hasn't given up any points. And MT Airy has given up 14. For Starmount win or lose thats going to change this coming week. Prediction MT Airy 31-10 Starmount.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Maybe even 1999. We were 12-0 and lost 7-3 to Swain in 2nd round on a controversial reception.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT