ADVERTISEMENT

MA @ STARMOUNT - Sat at 7

First time watching both teams play calling and offense not good on either side. Got to clean up the penalties for MA. Both defenses were good.

The reason that the scores where called back was because of holding. They wouldn't have been able to run that far if it weren't for holding. Mt Airy couldn't run on Starmount. Their passing is what got them the win.

Starmount offensive coordinator is mostly to blame for the loss. The play calling was terrible. I hope the Arena Football Coordinator has learned something from this game. If he has I believe the Rams will win in a rematch
Reading what you just said is what is what i have said we should do more of the last few years and look at what it got us this year another confrence championship

Reactions: sbbbfan
A win is a win. Bears gotta clean up the Laundry. 2 touchdowns called back , one left on the field before halftime and only god knows how many holding penalties. The Bears needed this game. Adverse environment, yet another rival and a standing room only crowd along with a real good rams squad, mistakes galore and still win. This is a team who plays in December if they can clean the laundry up and keep their emotions in check
I'm not sure they represent the west unless they get lot better on offense. #4 is 75 percent of the offense and QB and receivers not on same page

Rough, it's just that both defenses are that good. You and some others were thinking that Mt Airy was gonna win by 20-30 points "Starmount had no chance" as you said. I told y'all this would be a close game. Buzz is the only Mt Airy poster who understood. I predicted Starmount by 7 and I still believe that is accurate. Our Offensive Coordinator is an arena football coach. He's not used to High school play calling especially facing a defensive line like Mt Airy. If he has learned Starmount will win in a rematch.

I knew this would be a defensive game. Some people were predicting a 14-7 type game. The kids knew that

I will say now Mountain Heritage will not beat either one of these teams tonight barring any injuries. Eastern Randolph is the only one that I don't know about and could be the only team in the way of a rematch in the West Finals.

Rough, it's just that both defenses are that good. You and some others were thinking that Mt Airy was gonna win by 20-30 points "Starmount had no chance" as you said. I told y'all this would be a close game. Buzz is the only Mt Airy poster who understood. I predicted Starmount by 7 and I still believe that is accurate. Our Offensive Coordinator is an arena football coach. He's not used to High school play calling especially facing a defensive line like Mt Airy. If he has learned Starmount will win in a rematch.

I knew this would be a defensive game. Some people were predicting a 14-7 type game. The kids knew that
First time I've seen either team playjusts year. I don't think that's the case. I just think that the bears are a lot worse on offense than they were last year. I don't recall saying they had no chance but if I did I guess it was because I was going on what I saw the last 2 years. It's definitely not the smash mouth football that they played those two years. But who knows.

First time I've seen either team playjusts year. I don't think that's the case. I just think that the bears are a lot worse on offense than they were last year. I don't recall saying they had no chance but if I did I guess it was because I was going on what I saw the last 2 years. It's definitely not the smash mouth football that they played those two years. But who knows.
I agree lot different no option

Bears won their # 800th game tonight and only 3 teams have reached that number of wins if I heard that right about only 3.
The other two teams with over 800 wins are Shelby, and Reidsville.....congrats to the Granite Bears (at least that's what they were known as when I was in high school....decades ago).................................

With that said, why did MA seemed so disorganized? Between players not being on the field when they were supposed to be or too many in one case. They didn't seem to have their heads in the game from the get go. Practically give a 7 point handicap to start the game. QB and WRs aren't together. Pitches being made haphazardly or fumbled. If they don't get focused they are going to have nothing to blame but lack of focus and leaving something in the tank. Regret is a hell of thing, especially when the ability is all there.

Starmount played well defensively, not sure about the offense. They seem to have the pieces there, but struggled tonight. Some of that is MA defense, some is their plays. MA defense is still top tier even if I do think they are a bit more bending this year.

Still think MA is the better team by couple touchdowns if both play their best ball, but that's just my opinion. They just seemed to control the game even with all the penalties and mistakes. I can't say I really enjoyed this game. I hope they do rematch and we get best both have to offer. I don't think we saw that tonight from either.

With that said, why did MA seemed so disorganized? Between players not being on the field when they were supposed to be or too many in one case. They didn't seem to have their heads in the game from the get go. Practically give a 7 point handicap to start the game. QB and WRs aren't together. Pitches being made haphazardly or fumbled. If they don't get focused they are going to have nothing to blame but lack of focus and leaving something in the tank. Regret is a hell of thing, especially when the ability is all there.

Starmount played well defensively, not sure about the offense. They seem to have the pieces there, but struggled tonight. Some of that is MA defense, some is their plays. MA defense is still top tier even if I do think they are a bit more bending this year.

Still think MA is the better team by couple touchdowns if both play their best ball, but that's just my opinion. They just seemed to control the game even with all the penalties and mistakes. I can't say I really enjoyed this game. I hope they do rematch and we get best both have to offer. I don't think we saw that tonight from either.
I agree. It looks like they were in some kind of zone and they just let the one guy rode and ride and run right through them nobody even covered him. I think that was like a 70 yd play. Which is scary that The Rams only had 127 yards of offense. After that it looks like the bears settled in pretty good. Rams did a really good job on defense. They made the bears earn everything. Of course I think there were two touchdowns or two long plays that were called back. I always disagree with holding calls when the ball is 20 yards down the field. That's stupid. But if they were holding they were holding. I agree with you they look very bad on offense. They won't win it or even get to it if they keep playing like that on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT