ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the top teams in 3A

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Here is a list of top teams in 3A. Regardless of how you want to rank them. Lot of good record teams so far. 3A playoffs is going to be fun to watch.

Crest 7-0
West Charlotte 6-1
Seventy First 7-0
Northern Nash 7-0
Kings Mountain 7-0
Dudley 7-0
Hickory 7-0
Scotland 7-0
West Henderson 8-0
JM Robinson 7-0
NW Cabarrus 7-0
Havelock 6-1
Southern Alamance 6-1
Jacksonville 5-1
Eastern Guilford 6-1
Eastern Alamance 6-1
Pisgah 6-1
Ledford 7-0
Oak Grove 6-1

Last edited:
That is true. Teams like AC Reynolds and South Point will add to the mix. Going to make it lot of fun to watch how the playoffs go. I’m sure I’m missing some more teams that I’ve overlook. Ledford and Oak grove also can be added as well.

I think Reynolds would beat a lot of the teams listed above. They have only lost to some good teams.

West Forsyth
East Forsyth
Watauga

Those 4A teams have a combined record of 18-3.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I think Reynolds would beat a lot of the teams listed above. They have only lost to some good teams.

West Forsyth
East Forsyth
Watauga

Those 4A teams have a combined record of 18-3.
And by only a combined 8 points in all three losses without their best player. I feel bad for whatever top five seed gets ACR in their part of the bracket cause it may be an early exit.

Thank goodness. I like that young mans game a whole lot and I told my friend that told me that SP could make a run with that kid playing QB.
He's tough but would not be surprised to see him scaled back over the next (2) years. He is an elite baseball player with lots of D1 attention. He has verbally committed to Wake. I could see next year with recruiting amping up they ask him to scale back.

Last edited:
Reading through this I’m glad no one is talking about a certain team. 🤫

Last edited:
Trading through this I’m glad no one is talking about a certain team. 🤫
Went and seen Robinson in my pilgrimage of trying to see all the top 3A west teams and they are not, in my opinion, on none of the top teams level. Could have been playing down to the opponent, so I definitely wouldn't count them out of making it to the 3rd round.

Blee was able to play last night. No issues.
Good to hear to Blee was able to go. Coach Herron spoke about how physical the KM-SP had been and that we also had a couple of kids banged up. KM sat multiple starters last night to heal some of the nicks and bruises. Blee and some of your other red raiders took some really big hits throughout the game that I am not sure how they bounced back from. Blee took a couple of big shots on his touchdown run that would have knocked many guys out of that game. Really tough kid.

I still can't see anybody beating 71st this year. Stranger things have happened however.
There’s 5-10 other 3A teams that feel like they will win it at this point in the season. It’s hard to see something that hasn’t happened yet until it does. A team that’s good against the run that can pass on offense would be a matchup nightmare for Seventy First, unless there’s bad weather conditions that favors their style of play of course. Still one of the teams capable of actually winning it all.

Last edited:
I still can't see anybody beating 71st this year. Stranger things have happened however.

There’s 5-10 other 3A teams that feel like they will win it at this point in the season. It’s hard to see something that hasn’t happened yet until it does. A team that’s good against the run that can pass on offense would be a matchup nightmare for Seventy First, unless there’s bad weather conditions that favors their style of play of course. Still one of the teams capable of actually winning it all.
👀 @Middle Sound Heel

I said that two months ago. They made it all the way to the state championship game and were beaten by 1 score. Yeah what a numb nuts I am. You really got me there. Good burn man. You been waiting for 7 weeks to get me with that one?

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra and beamer24
New Era, Hickory was better than I thought. I was suprised they beat Dudley. Truth be told as the playoffs unfolded I thought that it was going to be Dudley vs 71st matchup with Dudley winning.

It was a disappointment for 71st and the loss hurts for sure. From what I hear both 71st and Hickory return almost all key players next year. Could be a potential rematch next year. Anyway sorry for my original terse reply. I have nothing against Hickory, they did earn it.

Question do you know if Hickory was 3A or 4A when they won state title the last time in 96? I remember back in the 70s when Hickory had strong 4A teams lead by RB Al Young who played basketball at VA. TECH.

New Era, Hickory was better than I thought. I was suprised they beat Dudley. Truth be told as the playoffs unfolded I thought that it was going to be Dudley vs 71st matchup with Dudley winning.

It was a disappointment for 71st and the loss hurts for sure. From what I hear both 71st and Hickory return almost all key players next year. Could be a potential rematch next year. Anyway sorry for my original terse reply. I have nothing against Hickory, they did earn it.

Question do you know if Hickory was 3A or 4A when they won state title the last time in 96? I remember back in the 70s when Hickory had strong 4A teams lead by RB Al Young who played basketball at VA. TECH.
In 1996, Hickory was 3A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT