ADVERTISEMENT

Look out murphy

Also for some reason some of the coaching staff and powers that be think and are outspoken about Hayesville having a good football team in a few years, we'll just because a group of kids won the midget cracker bowl. Some have completely counted out the current varsity players, I think they forget these same kids, sophomores, juniors and seniors were at every youth playoff contending for a shot at the cracker bowl, I've heard that for years now, about rebuilding Hayesville will be good in a few years, I say if the right leadership is not put in then Hayesville might as well turn that football field into a real nice soccer field, I think Hayesville could dominate at soccer if the athletes played in the fall. Soccer is getting pretty popular, all the kids love the soccer coach, great guy cares about the kids.
Didn't the soccer coach coach football at one time

Last edited:
I have to say that was probably the worst defense I have seen all year against the dogs they didn't even shift for TE trade outside was wide open all night and for that matter so was the inside. Did they have film?
yea they had film , Sam said they had been watching you tube, but we trade last two game films.

Max preps has Darren McClure listed as head soccer coach and I know he coached football last year atleast
Varsity?? I don't know the names of all of them, but I knew mcclures older brothers and dad, I know him when I see him and I havnt seen him coaching football, I think his older brother coached jv a few years ago, Darren might have helped with that, IDK. He could have had a role in varsity maybe.

Well I know they all played football and not soccer and they were pretty good. Shame they aren't helping

I think the MHS alumni Dockery would be a good fit as a HC he has been there a while he seems pretty knowledgeable maybe time to give him as shot.

I think the MHS alumni Dockery would be a good fit as a HC he has been there a while he seems pretty knowledgeable maybe time to give him as shot.
That might happen, as far as that goes, folks seem to want him for HC. I understand Matt Rogers works with the QB. It seems the old school football junkies here like what he does, The kids I've been around seem to have a lot of respect for these two, so does the community that cares about football, I've heard next year varsity might have the jv coaches from this year, but that's just rumor, kind of like the rumer murphys moving to 2A. I never believe anything until it happens. It seems the decision makers at Hayesville need to put aside whatever it is that makes there decisions for coaching and do what's right, I mean defense giving up 200 points in 4 games, offense looks like it needs work I've seen worse, but that defense good grief. I hate it for those kids that are out there dedicated to working now year round and sacrificing there time at practice, when they get on the field their just doing what their told, we all know that.

Jv coaches didn't impress me to much at murphy only had one player and that is what the extent of their offense. To move to varsity is a big step and they didn't seem to be ready for that level yet. If they can do it without #9 then that would be a long shot to move up but to take 1st yr jv coaches to varsity after 3-3 season wouldn't be a smart move.

Haha, I'll bet the powers that be are open to suggestions!!! With the exception of Dockery, Rogers, and Myers, and maybe a couple folks behind the scenes I think this years varsity coaches are first year coaches period, I think this years jv coaches have been coaching midgets for years, if that counts as qualification? I don't know much about what the jvs had this year, as I've been told they did alright for their talent pool. The athletes at Hayesville now are the sophomores and juniors, with the exception of 2 seniors one of which was the full back that's out. The other number 20, who is a fantastic basketball player and has really stepped up as a receiver, when the QB has time to pass it to him. It seems the big problem will be making something out of the offensive line, it seems there is real potential for next year with one kid that will be a senior next year, but I don't see much else, it seems Hayesville has been blessed with fast backs , but has work cut out for whoever the coaching staff will be next year, this year should have been the year for a competitive team with the talent pool. You know how the cycle works, every few years you get lucky with talent, it seems robinsville is enjoying there good fortune, impressive team. I also like a couple kids from Andrews, there not big but have heart. Andrews seems to have a lot of seniors, it seems it should have been their year, I'm not sure what's going on over there.

No doubt they have skill players and good ones at that but the lack of big linemen has been a problem but they don't quit and that is all you can ask for in a player. Yall need a coach that will be there for more than 2 years and something the kids can rely on. Dockery has been there and needs a shot atleast I would have already left if I was him. Myers has never won at any school and rogers doesn't have as much experience as everyone believes. Anyway I would like to see hayesville be competitive again and give us and the rest of the conference a threat, they have done it before and would like to see it again. I really don't like sitting through games like last night would rather have a nail biter to the very end. Anyway good luck to the jackets the rest of the way nice talking with you hillbilly.

Football hillbilly/smc79... time to wrap up your comedy routine. Perhaps you could create a 3rd screen name and have a 3-way conversation with yourself on here. Anyways, your posts aren't really making any sense. You accused Hayesville of running an option offense on another thread and got called out on it. Then you said you were just going off of what someone told you. Next you accused the "powers that be" of always saying there is talent moving up but you don't believe them. Then you turn around on another post and say it looks like their is some talent moving up. So which is it? You made a big deal out of injuries and how many players the Jackets dress out and then say it's all the coaches fault. Wow what a piece of work you are. Sounds like another rec league dad/coach know-it-all. The success or lack thereof this season for Hayesville is a combination of lack of talent, injuries, and sub-par coaching.

Yea, it would be nice to go into every SMC game knowing it could turn out either way. That's why we love watching the game and cheering for our team, nobody likes a blow out even if their not on the receiving end. Same goes for other sports, I saw a girls volleyball game a couple weeks ago, even though it was volleyball I was on the edge of my seat, was worth the $4 I paid to get in for sure. Close games are fun to watch. Nice typing with you too, wish you all the best.

Fourth I can promise you we are different people and I guess you are saying that hillbilly said those things because I have never said anything like that.

Football hillbilly/smc79... time to wrap up your comedy routine. Perhaps you could create a 3rd screen name and have a 3-way conversation with yourself on here. Anyways, your posts aren't really making any sense. You accused Hayesville of running an option offense on another thread and got called out on it. Then you said you were just going off of what someone told you. Next you accused the "powers that be" of always saying there is talent moving up but you don't believe them. Then you turn around on another post and say it looks like their is some talent moving up. So which is it? You made a big deal out of injuries and how many players the Jackets dress out and then say it's all the coaches fault. Wow what a piece of work you are. Sounds like another rec league dad/coach know-it-all. The success or lack thereof this season for Hayesville is a combination of lack of talent, injuries, and sub-par coaching.
What???? If you must know, who I am is none of your business, I graduated from Hayesville about 25 years ago, spent a career serving my country, just came back into the area a few years ago, am trying to get back involved with the community, I'm just posting what I've learned by being around and observing, as far as the option offense comment, I had some mixed up details, so you can guess where you can stick it!!!!

I was just trying to have a conversation with someone and give my opinion about last night don't really care what goes on in hayesville I just worry about my dogs.

By the way 4 th and inches, I follow Union county panthers too, but don't deem it necessary to post about it here.

What? Why would you post about a Georgia football team on a North Carolina 1A message board? These posts just keep getting stranger and stranger. I too served my country... but don't deem it necessary to post about it here. o_O

What? Why would you post about a Georgia football team on a North Carolina 1A message board? These posts just keep getting stranger and stranger. I too served my country... but don't deem it necessary to post about it here. o_O
well you accused me of being some sort of youth dad coach or something, just to let you know since this is your forum, the subject of this thread was Murphy / Hayesville, SMC 79 and myself were having an interesting conversation about the subject, my point was why post something not pertaining to the subject like you. Also I don't believe anyone called me out on anything , rather corrected something I said that was not accurate. There are more scary things in this world than an Internet bully that is still trying to live there highschool football days, I see it all the time, I suspect I have you figured. You don't intimidate me sir. By the way we're you a soldier or marine, what was your MOS?

One would think that a man of your rank and valor would have more sense then to come on a high school message board and bash coaches and call them out by name. Most of your posts are very distasteful. Looks like you are doing a great job at being an internet bully so far yourself. I just like to keep the boards clean and call out an ignorant poster when I see one. I suspect I have you figured. As far as MOS apparently you do not pay much attention to detail... "I don't deem it necessary to post about that here". Carry on!

Well if its any consolation, Yellowjacket basketball is just a few weeks away. Wont have to worry about it much longer...

Yep, and 54-13 will be the halftime score for most of the Jackets boys games!!!!

Sorry about friday night Sam. Christmas didnt come early for your yellowjackets. You may be right in your basketball prediction to some degree. You can toot that horn loud and proud.... til the playoffs begin. We know what happens then....

Sorry about friday night Sam. Christmas didnt come early for your yellowjackets. You may be right in your basketball prediction to some degree. You can toot that horn loud and proud.... til the playoffs begin. We know what happens then....

Maybe not!! Think we've got enough students at your EC that we can play "down" this year!

Reactions: Fourth'n'Inches
There is no "playing down" in basketball and baseball. Its just 1A, 2A, etc. C'mon Man.

Fourth I didn't see where hillbilly bashed any of our coaches, it was mostly smc79. Hillbilly was kind of right with the option offense the Jackets have been running an option based offense for a couple of games.

Fourth I didn't see where hillbilly bashed any of our coaches, it was mostly smc79. Hillbilly was kind of right with the option offense the Jackets have been running an option based offense for a couple of games.

hilbilly and smc79 are the same poster train. And, he was saying Hayesville ran an option offense under Hughes. Your gonna have to go back and read some of the other threads to catch up buddy!

hilbilly and smc79 are the same poster train. And, he was saying Hayesville ran an option offense under Hughes. Your gonna have to go back and read some of the other threads to catch up buddy!
I don't need to catch on anything buddy and if they are the same poster then he is the fastest typing poster on here cause he posted three responses (decent size) in less than 2 minutes, anyway thats not the point. Why do you always come on here and try to belittle posters? People like me try to come on here for decent conersations and dont want the smart a%@ comments or someone trying to act like they are the all knowing of everything. You say they are the same poster what does it matter if they were let him talk to himself he never mentioned your name so why try and bash him?

Reactions: mbdfan
Come outta there train! Maybe Sam and Fourth are the Same person haha. All fun and games Inches calm down. We all understand that you know more.

Reactions: mbdfan
Come outta there train! Maybe Sam and Fourth are the Same person haha. All fun and games Inches calm down. We all understand that you know more.

At least 02 is coming around a little bit and is accepting and adjusting to the steep learning curve here on ncpreps. I'm a little worried however about train... he seems clueless. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT