ADVERTISEMENT

Longest drive for a regular season

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
Robbinsville played Gates county in 93 and 94.
93 being At Gates County.
Thats over 7 hrs one way.
Thats a crazy long trip.

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
I think to and from Cherokee will be included in a lot of these.

First Flight v Murphy I think would be the longest trip possible. Another 15 miles or so past Manteo.
I'm probably one of a small group of people who can say that they have lived in Murphy and the OBX, Kill Devil Hills to be exact.

But to your point I actually think the longest possible trip would be Murphy to Cape Hatteras.

Robbinsville has played Manteo several times..I know for sure in 1974..527 miles one way..There and back is the same distance as from Robbinsville to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
NC is a big state people .

Last edited:
Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I'm probably one of a small group of people who can say that they have lived in Murphy and the OBX, Kill Devil Hills to be exact.

But to your point I actually think the longest possible trip would be Murphy to Cape Hatteras.

I thought about that, but I also thought they got rid of football?

Try this 3 week stretch for Reidsville in 2000 playoff season

Reidsville at Tarboro................170 miles each way

Reidsville at Edenton................240 miles each way

Reidsville at SW Onslow..........220 miles each way

that's 1260 round trip miles in a 3 game stretch.......that's a lot of traveling...............

Try this 3 week stretch for Reidsville in 2000 playoff season

Reidsville at Tarboro................170 miles each way

Reidsville at Edenton................240 miles each way

Reidsville at SW Onslow..........220 miles each way

that's 1260 round trip miles in a 3 game stretch.......that's a lot of traveling...............
The distance to Orlando, Flordia from Reidsville is 614.6 miles one way or 1229.2 round trip so that was a lot of millage for 3 football games.
https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Reidsville-NC-USA/Orlando

Last edited:
Reactions: rambbq
yeah the Greensboro News and Record actually had a big story about all this at the time....can't remember what gas prices were 20 years ago....but still had to be pretty costly.................
Gas prices were around $1.46 in 2001 & $1.51 in 2000 or 20 years ago.
Some interesting Info if you scroll on down the page.
https://www.creditdonkey.com/gas-price-history.html

Reactions: rambbq
The best I can find this is the farthest we ever went for anything:

In 1989 and 1991 we went out of state for scrimmages; why I don't know but our HC in 1989 and 90 Carl Sanders was a coach at Duke and loved the hard challenges. We went to Giles County Virginia in 1989 and did pretty well from what I read; then we went to South Carolina in 1991. I believe it's Lancaster high.. never really could find for sure. We scrimmaged them and Forbush the next year so I believe so. Forbush was at this one too; neither of us brought anyone suprsingly. This would NEVER happen now; the travel budget would never allow that.

Farthest I've ever been to a game is Shelby but the West Stanly game we had in 2015 was the slowest traveling game I've seen. Not due to us but the weather stunk so badly. It rained like crazy that night; they had at least 2-3 inches of rain. WS got their field torn to shreds because of it.. they shoulda just waited until the next day for safety.

In 2010, Cherokee had a schedule cancellation as did Wake Christian, Cherokee decided to take a 316 mile and 4 hour and 50 minute trip to Raleigh for a non conference game. They stopped at NCSU for a walk-through and tour. 1 year deal, Wake did not have to return the trip. Robbinsville and Wake Christian played a home and away series in 07 and 08, 344 miles and 5 hours and 17 minutes

Reactions: BK13T-$
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT