ADVERTISEMENT

KINSTON HIGH SCHOOL VIKINGS (15-0) vs. SHELBY HIGH SCHOOL GOLDEN LIONS (14-1) UPDATES

Kinston is on the board with a touchdown pass to Kam'ryn Webster. Shelby still leads 36-6 with second remaining in the first half.

We are at Half, with Shelby leading 36-6

First half stats:
Kinston
79 passing yards
-15 rushing yards
7 first downs
64 total yards

First Half Stats:
Shelby:
75 rushing yards
230 passing yards
11 first downs
305 total yards

Shelby:
Darquez Lee has 230 passing yards, 4 TD, 1 INT
Jaylen Borders 124 receiving yards, 1 TD
Xavier Brooks with 61 rushing yards, 1 TD

Kinston:
Thomas Vermillion 79 passing yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Tavon Herns 14 rushing yards
Anthony Berry Jr 68 receiving yards, 1 TD

Shelby had a three and out but fumbled the punt to give the Vikings another chance. Vermillion rushed it in from 1 yard out to cut the lead.

Shelby ended up having to punt and if Kinston can get a drive going, this could get interesting.

TOUCHDOWN SHELBY by Xavier Brooks, his second on the afternoon.

Shelby now leads 43-13 in the 3rd Q

We beat HPC in '97 and again in '98 on a fake punt
OK trolling looking at scores but thought I would look this up for you guys. This is from an article by Alan Ford in The Shelby Star form November 15 2012

"Of course, when you mention that in context with Shelby, the name Snow Brenner always pops up. Brenner was the female kicker for High Point Central that booted the winning field goal late in the 1995 3A semifinals to oust the Golden Lions."

Now go back to watching the score.

Yes was 95 week before we play Hickory to 4 ots...
Some think we were gassed from that game

Did Snow kickoff on regular kickoffs too other than the onside?

Most of the girls I've seen kick, just do PAT's and short field goals but don't kick off. I remember the game but must of have been listening on the radio and not in attendance.

FInal Stats:
Shelby

214 rushing yards
256 passing yards

Kinston
9 rushing yards
209 passing yards

Shelby

D. Lee 256 passing yards, 5 TD, 1 INT
J. Border 135 receiving yards, 2 TD
X. Brooks 178 rushing yards, 2 TD

Kinston

T. Vermillion - 209 passing yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
A. Berry 105 receiving yards
T. Herns 39 rushing yards

It's a real ass kicking when you are discussing a field goal kicker from 20 years ago.

Been a while since we had such conversations at Reidsville games.

The final PAT was blocked up the middle, but the kicker was hit from the edge guy flying in. Should the block have negated the roughing call, like on a punt? Just wondering?

Not that the call mattered either way at that point of the game. She did looked stunned laying on the ground. Probably will be sore tomorrow.

The final PAT was blocked up the middle, but the kicker was hit from the edge guy flying in. Should the block have negated the roughing call, like on a punt? Just wondering?

Not that the call mattered either way at that point of the game. She did looked stunned laying on the ground. Probably will be sore tomorrow.

By taking the shot and getting the penalty called, she got them 2 points instead of one. My kind of girl. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT