ADVERTISEMENT

Kannapolis 23. Mooresville 9

OptionFreak

Dec 3, 2005
Planet Earth
Kannapolis is one of my all time favorite places to go for high school football. My good friend Mr. B always welcomes us with a smile and we are made to feel at home in our perch atop the press box.

Now to the game. Both teams traded early field goals. Mooresville scored the first touchdown but missed the xp to go up 9-3. But Kannapolis returned the ensuing kick off for their first touchdown at took a 10-9 lead into the locker room at the half. Kannapolis scored their first offensive touchdown of the game late in the third to extend their lead to 17-9. A couple of 4th quarter field goals sealed the win for the Wonders as the remain unbeaten on the season. Mooresville falls to 2-2 on their season. Both teams are idle next week.

Although both squads appeared to be evenly matched, Mooresville continued to shoot themselves in the foot on offense, as well as, special teams. Kannapolis capitalized in the second half, as most good teams will do. Very impressed with both teams defensively. Good luck to Kannapolis the rest of the way. Hopefully my Blue Devils will continue to improve as NPC plays begins in two weeks.

Both teams have got to cut down on penalties it's killing both teams. Mooresville looked tried in the 4th quarter on defense.

Agree on the penalty issue. It is something that has plagued this particular team this season. It appears as if attention to detail is lacking. Big plays are nullified by flags. Both teams had touchdowns called back last night. For Mooresville, its feast or famine. Some offensives series are flawless, then they'll go stretches with multiple penalties due to mental mistakes. Special teams execution is suffering across the board, it's had a big hand in both losses this year, and almost cost them the W Rowan game. A muffed punt return sealed their fate last night. I hope those kids realize their potential and grasp an appreciation for the men who are leading them. They could very well be 4-0 instead of 2-2. The defense has been the back bone of this team so far. Frustration may have gotten the better of them last night. They gave up one touchdown and that was late in the game. But you're not gonna win many games scoring 9/10 points. Here's hoping that they put it all together. A week off could'nt have come at a better time IMO.

Think ull see a number of changes for the Statesville game... This team has uber talent but just not gelling. Im sorry, as good of an athlete as #22 is... He CAN NOT be our punt/kick returner from this moment forward. He has muffed at least one kick or punt i think in every game this year...

I agree with you Mooresville Ingram has brain farts every week. But I think we are missing that game changer on offense that we usually have and that's why we struggle to score points and the penalties don't help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT