ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville vs Eastern Guilford

Footballaholic3232

Aug 15, 2016
Well I have no idea how in the world a subpar 3A team such as these Cardinals can make it to the darn 3AA Eastern finals. I am still trying to figure how in the hell does that happen?I mean hell a 2AA Northside team beats them West Craven beats them Havelock beats them they gave West Carteret a win. How does this team go on the road and beat quality opponents to get to the 3AA Eastern finals. Well let me give my take on how it happened. Maybe they are battle tested three of the loses 2 of those teams are also in the eastern finals. 3 of those teams made it to the 3rd Rd. They are a young team but are very talented team. Well coached team. One of the fastest teams at the skilled positions in the state.So if your surprised you should not be. I have been telling you all year that this is a very talented group. Now maybe y'all will listen. Mark my words if you think this group is talented just wait till you see what is waiting in the wings. But hey keep looking past them... you might get a big surprise. Give these Cards a little credit not much just a little. Some of you guys that know football called it this is a dangerous team and can hurt anyone they face if they don't hurt themselves.

Now for the rest of you gurus please tell me how bad does undefeated Eastern Guiford beat these little birdies by? Just as bad as the first three opponents right?

Haven't kept up much with who the cards are playing but after being around Northside so long I've come to know the cards very well. Momentum is a beautiful thing for the cards. If you make them feel they can stay in it they will be playing 110 percent the whole game. Very fast bunch and shifty. Sending good vibes from Northside

Haven't kept up much with who the cards are playing but after being around Northside so long I've come to know the cards very well. Momentum is a beautiful thing for the cards. If you make them feel they can stay in it they will be playing 110 percent the whole game. Very fast bunch and shifty. Sending good vibes from Northside
Congrats to the Monarchs.. great to see that two teams from Jacksonville have the opportunity to play for the big one. Imagine two parades in Jacksonville. Wonder if that has ever been done anywhere in the state? Now would that be something else? Let me get back to reality.. We don't stand a chance because we are on the road with a 14-0 team. No way we can play with with them! You guys are playing a team that you know and like they say it's hard to beat a good team twice. So good luck. Congratulations again.

Well I have no idea how in the world a subpar 3A team such as these Cardinals can make it to the darn 3AA Eastern finals. I am still trying to figure how in the hell does that happen?I mean hell a 2AA Northside team beats them West Craven beats them Havelock beats them they gave West Carteret a win. How does this team go on the road and beat quality opponents to get to the 3AA Eastern finals. Well let me give my take on how it happened. Maybe they are battle tested three of the loses 2 of those teams are also in the eastern finals. 3 of those teams made it to the 3rd Rd. They are a young team but are very talented team. Well coached team. One of the fastest teams at the skilled positions in the state.So if your surprised you should not be. I have been telling you all year that this is a very talented group. Now maybe y'all will listen. Mark my words if you think this group is talented just wait till you see what is waiting in the wings. But hey keep looking past them... you might get a big surprise. Give these Cards a little credit not much just a little. Some of you guys that know football called it this is a dangerous team and can hurt anyone they face if they don't hurt themselves.

Heck of a win for you guys. Hate that it came against a team with a former ER guy at the helm.....but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm glad none of y'all were at Eastern Guilford last night. The EG announcer kept referring to you guys as "Jacksonville-Northside" when announcing your score. Jacksonville is honestly the Rodney Dangerfield of 3A at the moment.

As far as the matchup with EG, I don't know. If you've got speed, that's a good start. EG is very well-balanced with good size in the trenches. They usually like to methodically drive down the field. To my surprise last night, however, the 40-50 yard bomb was their choice attack. Seems like J'ville has a pretty high-powered offense themselves. Should be a great one next Friday.

Heck of a win for you guys. Hate that it came against a team with a former ER guy at the helm.....but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm glad none of y'all were at Eastern Guilford last night. The EG announcer kept referring to you guys as "Jacksonville-Northside" when announcing your score. Jacksonville is honestly the Rodney Dangerfield of 3A at the moment.

As far as the matchup with EG, I don't know. If you've got speed, that's a good start. EG is very well-balanced with good size in the trenches. They usually like to methodically drive down the field. To my surprise last night, however, the 40-50 yard bomb was their choice attack. Seems like J'ville has a pretty high-powered offense themselves. Should be a great one next Friday.
Chute we might as well be Jacksonville Northside then maybe we would get some love...we get no love whatsoever. But we like it like that. Hope all those big boys are in some serious shape. Because they are going to running probably like nothing they have done all season. If they not in shape that 4th QT will be long and grueling trying to catch their breath. These birds can fly. We got decent size on our line that average about 240lbs a man but the difference with Jacksonville compared to most we have no excuse the wording no fat boys. These are all big strong boys who are built to play fast for 4 QT. Defensive line also decent size but got motors that will come at you for 4 QT. Very hard hitting defense that will smack you in the mouth. They are young and have lapse sometimes and give teams broken plays here and there. But if they come in and play mistake free football which is what it's going to take they can be ok. Like the score to this game was 45-42 but Cards had over 500 yards of offense to 250 for Lee County. Block punt recovered at the 10 and interception returned to 15 gave them those 14. So those who think it was close it wasn't. Cards are fast... really fast at all the skill positions. If they break well it's usually off to the races. I mean they are the defending 3A Track champions. Which is made up of all their skill players. Offensive line is fundamentally sound and very strong kids who can move. They understand that anyone of their 4 backs just need a little space and their gone. So hopefully they get off the bus and show up. Because they are saying you guys should have your way with them. I don't know. All I know is that they have ran for about 900 yards in the playoffs alone. Everyone knows it's coming but so far nobody has stopped it.

Congrats on a huge win 32! 400+ rushing yards on a team giving up 8 points a game is ridiculous. I said in September you guys had turned the corner.

I don't care who the Cards play, if they're clicking they will be the toughest out in the state.

Jacksonville 37 - east guilford 28 .... this will boil down can guilford keep up with Jacksonville super speed an can Jacksonville hang with guilford size .... Jacksonville plays in the hardest 3a conferance hands down hell they lost 4 conferance games .. an 2 of thoose team played each other last nite ...... i give Jacksonville the edge they have momentum an its their time go cards !!!

Like I said havent seen much of EG, with the cards you can score on them usually any night. They still have a good defense but they let up some points to well balanced teams. If EG likes to drive the ball and chew up some clock and they do it successfully that's where it will get tough on the cards. But you can obviously not underestimate the cardinals, they deserve some respect. Pulling for the cards

Allot of that has to do with them being so young. Allot of folks do not realize that this team is loaded with mostly sophomores a few juniors and only a handful of seniors. They do make some stupid mistakes like the blown coverage against Northside with nobody within 20 yards of your guy. The TD yiu had before half was just a great play by your receiver and a misplaced jump by our defenders. The 5 min game well you can't fumble a kick return at the nine yard line to a great team. Most of the points the Cards give up are more what they give teams versus what the other team gets. But hey they got to learn. I can tell you this you slow the game down this defense is good enough to get stops so if that is how their team is built they had better play some some great defense because these Cards can put up points real fast and in a hurry. So if they let them get ahead by a couple of scores then it could be hard to catch up. We will see I would not worry to much about Jacksonville I mean it's always something. I mean hell they make it to the eastern finals and someone is going to find a yeah they made it here but...So it's ok.. we like it.

Congratulations to both Eastern Guilford and Jacksonville for advancing to this stage of the boating adventure. Nothing but respect here for the Jacksonville Cardinals. Back in the day, Jacksonville, New Bern, ,Goldsboro, New Hanover, Hoggard, Eastern Wayne , and Southern Wayne participated in that tough as nails conference. I think it was nineteen and eighty when Jacksonville and Greensboro Page squared off in Jville for the 4-A Ship, but unfortunately, the Cardinals got plucked that particular evening. For the hungry Jacksonville fans that will be making the trip to the Metro Gibsonville area, you may want to stop in Burlington for dining pleasure , because where y'all will be gettin' off Interstate Fourty, the dining options are limited slash none, except for McDonalds and Wendy's. There's a K&W Cafeteria in Burlington that's a chip shot from the interstate, so easy access is easily accessible. If fast food is your delight , you'll be accommodated in this department, too. Again, standing ovations to both communities, and this could be a classic in the making.
P.S. Show 'em what's shakin' with the bacon, Eastern.

Last edited:
Reactions: Otis4411
Jacksonville 37 - east guilford 28 .... this will boil down can guilford keep up with Jacksonville super speed an can Jacksonville hang with guilford size .... Jacksonville plays in the hardest 3a conferance hands down hell they lost 4 conferance games .. an 2 of thoose team played each other last nite ...... i give Jacksonville the edge they have momentum an its their time go cards !!!

That is a mucho tough conference, The Last Ninja, but I'm not so sure about all that " hands down "action. Eastern Guilford participates in a conference with Eastern and Western Alamance, Northern Guilford, among others, and this conference ain't one of them split conferences or one where you get a fourty point lead while the starters are on the sideline at the middle of the third quarter. These are some purdy tough 'Cats ya'll are gettin' ready to tangle with.. Some members of this conference have been successful boarding the ship at season end. Good to see you prognasticatin' and whatnot, The Last Ninja, and I hope you're feeling groovy these days.

Last edited:
Congratulations to both Eastern Guilford and Jacksonville for advancing to this stage of the boating adventure. Nothing but respect here for the Jacksonville Cardinals. Back in the day, Jacksonville, New Bern, ,Goldsboro, New Hanover, Hoggard, Eastern Wayne, Laney , and Southern Wayne participated in that tough as nails conference. I think it was nineteen and eighty when Jacksonville and Greensboro Page squared off in Jville for the 4-A Ship, but unfortunately, the Cardinals got plucked that particular evening. For the hungry Jacksonville fans that will be making the trip to the Metro Gibsonville area, you may want to stop in Burlington for dining pleasure , because where y'all will be gettin' off Interstate Fourty, the dining options are limited slash none, except for McDonalds and Wendy's. There's a K&W Cafeteria in Burlington that's a chip shot from the interstate, so easy access is easily accessible. If fast food is your delight , you'll be accommodated in this department, too. Again, standing ovations to both communities, and this could be a classic in the making.
P.S. Show 'em what's shakin' with the bacon, Eastern.
Thanks for the information GS..if I were E.G. they don't have nothing to worry about with Jacksonville.. I mean you guys got it all size, speed, good Conference. I mean should be a long night for the Cards. They are just happy to be playing in December. They will take the field trip up there let E.G. Beat the brakes off them and high tail it back to Jacksonville and get ready for basketball season. You guys should do well representing the east in the title game.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
I have no ties at all to Eastern Guilford, Mister Sand Bagger, but they are extrinsically talented this gridiron season, just as your Jacksonville Cardinals.

Thanks for the information GS..if I were E.G. they don't have nothing to worry about with Jacksonville.. I mean you guys got it all size, speed, good Conference. I mean should be a long night for the Cards. They are just happy to be playing in December. They will take the field trip up there let E.G. Beat the brakes off them and high tail it back to Jacksonville and get ready for basketball season. You guys should do well representing the east in the title game.

As far as pre-game meal options go. there's also a few right off I-85 at Alamance Crossing (Exit 140). There's BWWings, Red Robin, Asian Bistro, Lone Star, Freddy's, San Marcos, and a couple more. If you get off the exit and go north to Hwy 70 (Church Street), there's also a really good BBQ place called Tickle My Ribs on the corner.

Hope you guys have a safe trip up (and back).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT