ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville be Havelock

Lol that's funny... It may turn out to be a good game, but it has definitely lost alot of its luster from what we expected after the last couple of years lol

Jacksonville better be ready to play or Havelock will make them look bad. Can't make mistakes and you need to hold penalties down as much as possible. Havelock will feast on stuff like that.

Reactions: dogs79
Jacksonville better be ready to play or Havelock will make them look bad. Can't make mistakes and you need to hold penalties down as much as possible. Havelock will feast on stuff like that.
Your right on that my friend. The Rams are for real and these Cards can not afford any mistakes or it will be a long night. I can’t see them coming out like they did against Northside. Hopefully that was a lesson learned.

Otis<
Congrats on your Eagles, make some noise in the playoffs

Reactions: dogs79 and Otis4411
Otis<
Congrats on your Eagles, make some noise in the playoffs

Thanks Ram60. Next Friday's game is just as important as last nights. New Bern will come loaded, we got to be ready. Goodluck to your Rams. Be pulling for you!!

Thanks Ram60. Next Friday's game is just as important as last nights. New Bern will come loaded, we got to be ready. Goodluck to your Rams. Be pulling for you!!
U think both teams will play they starters all game, being it's an end of season rivalry game with now conf implications?

U think both teams will play they starters all game, being it's an end of season rivalry game with now conf implications?

It's New Bern. I don't want to hijack the thread but I bet the New Ben guy's would agree. It's a rivalry that's unique in that some of our kids are related to the kid's at New Bern. Plus we have 5 or 6 sophomore's playing on defense and I'm not sure how many are on offense. Shelton our RB ate Washington's defense up he is a sophomore. So I'm not sure who else we could play. lol we are young. I'm hoping we can give you a better game next year. Still can't get over Havelock holding us scoreless. We didn't play that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: easy252
Depth ain't much better over here. Our starting RB has over 70 tackles on the season. Freshman and Sophomores have accounted for over 15 TD's thus far. I'm sure Coach Nowell will play our starters as a loss could move us to a 2 seed rather than a 1 seed in the 4A East. Just hope both teams come out healthy.

Depth ain't much better over here. Our starting RB has over 70 tackles on the season. Freshman and Sophomores have accounted for over 15 TD's thus far. I'm sure Coach Nowell will play our starters as a loss could move us to a 2 seed rather than a 1 seed in the 4A East. Just hope both teams come out healthy.

Yea I forgot to mention how the loss can hurt in pairing. We discussed earlier in the season how we hated this game being scheduled this way. It don't change how bad we want to beat each other. I'll be in the endzone by the camera and the inflatable Eagle. Stop by.

congrats on conference, did you her that little interview the coach gave on the Blitz that was awesome no wonder people want to play for him.

congrats on conference, did you her that little interview the coach gave on the Blitz that was awesome no wonder people want to play for him.

Yea but I hope we don't play Washington again. He got carried away in the moment and put a lot of bulletin board material out.

252 How much has the Havelock QB improved since you played us early in the season? I was impressed with his composure when we played. Freshman Qb you can expect to make mistakes but he did good. I would think he is a seasoned veteran by now. I don't remember all the kids numbers but those that really impressed me that I remember was #21 naturally. Kamarro is special. #9 and #2 I think it was were making good plays. Too many to try and remember. Jacksonville needs to play a complete game. I haven't seen anything of them so it's hard to judge. Are both teams healthy?

252 How much has the Havelock QB improved since you played us early in the season? I was impressed with his composure when we played. Freshman Qb you can expect to make mistakes but he did good. I would think he is a seasoned veteran by now. I don't remember all the kids numbers but those that really impressed me that I remember was #21 naturally. Kamarro is special. #9 and #2 I think it was were making good plays. Too many to try and remember. Jacksonville needs to play a complete game. I haven't seen anything of them so it's hard to judge. Are both teams healthy?
He is definitely improving. I dont know what to expect when we get into a series where we must pass yet tho, luckily we haven't been put in that predicament yet. The coaches are definitely bringing him along slowly tho and not trying to put too much on him, one or 2 reads n go if it's not there. He will get there tho, he has it in him I believe...

Reactions: Otis4411
Yes the Cards are not very good. Will definitely need to play a complete game to stay within 2 scores of the Rams.

This is a rivalry game it will be close. The only way it will be a 2 or more score if the Cards or the rams turn it over. The Rams D is playing lights out. If we keep the plenties down and play a clean game then maybe I still think it will be 10 points or less. But who knows we do have some payback from last years divisional game. Good luck to both teams as I have been saying all year the better team should win.

This is a rivalry game it will be close. The only way it will be a 2 or more score if the Cards or the rams turn it over. The Rams D is playing lights out. If we keep the plenties down and play a clean game then maybe I still think it will be 10 points or less. But who knows we do have some payback from last years divisional game. Good luck to both teams as I have been saying all year the better team should win.
Rivalry game??? I would think it would have to be alot less lopsided than them winning 1 game in the last 10 years for us to consider this a rivalry lol. NB, WC, yeah but this isn't a rivalry at all lol

Reactions: Footballerswo
Rivalry game??? I would think it would have to be alot less lopsided than them winning 1 game in the last 10 years for us to consider this a rivalry lol. NB, WC, yeah but this isn't a rivalry at all lol
Not in the sense of NB and WC that has history but over the last 10 years what game has meant more we can lose to NB and still win the conf since Jacksonville has come to the conf they have been the only team other than NS to push HHS that is a conf Rivalry by far. WC had its time in 3A they were not consistent but they played us tough. JAX has been a top contender until this year. Yes Conf Rival everyone marks this game every year since they have come in the Conf. West Carteret use to be a Rivalry game but the games have not been close in a very long time. The history isn’t there but it has turned into an Conf rival

Not in the sense of NB and WC that has history but over the last 10 years what game has meant more we can lose to NB and still win the conf since Jacksonville has come to the conf they have been the only team other than NS to push HHS that is a conf Rivalry by far. WC had its time in 3A they were not consistent but they played us tough. JAX has been a top contender until this year. Yes Conf Rival everyone marks this game every year since they have come in the Conf. West Carteret use to be a Rivalry game but the games have not been close in a very long time. The history isn’t there but it has turned into an Conf rival
WC actually WON the conf the last year they were in it lol... Jville has just been the "last game". I can not ever remember west carteret being considered a rivalry, but I could see it being they have been in our conf forever.

JHS hasn't been good besides last year and maybe year before. They have 0-11 seasons and 3-8 or 2-9 all over the place the last 10 years dudes ha. Keep hyping this game so when Havelock wins by 3 or 4 tds, they will be the team to beat in the east ha

WC actually WON the conf the last year they were in it lol... Jville has just been the "last game". I can not ever remember west carteret being considered a rivalry, but I could see it being they have been in our conf forever.
I am not selling WC short when the Coastal Conf was at its best WC and HHC always came down to the last game. That game goes back like forever. Yes the other West is on that list it has been a long time since they were a team to beat but the county neighbors do it up as well

JHS hasn't been good besides last year and maybe year before. They have 0-11 seasons and 3-8 or 2-9 all over the place the last 10 years dudes ha. Keep hyping this game so when Havelock wins by 3 or 4 tds, they will be the team to beat in the east ha
the games have been better than all of the other conf games you can not take that away from the hype

Up until they built Northside in the early 2000s, Jacksonville was always a contender in 4A. We won 1 state championship and went to 2 others. It took a good 10 years and a coach like Beau to rebuild. But its not like Jville just became relevant in the last 8 years.
I invite any school to lose 40 percent of your school population and not have to rebuild.

Up until they built Northside in the early 2000s, Jacksonville was always a contender in 4A. We won 1 state championship and went to 2 others. It took a good 10 years and a coach like Beau to rebuild. But its not like Jville just became relevant in the last 8 years.
I invite any school to lose 40 percent of your school population and not have to rebuild.

I know about those teams when they were 4A teams have been hurt by other schools being built in the area. Craven County has been lucky there has been a ton of elementary schools built in the HHS area the High school has kept the numbers pretty consistent. Yes Jacksonville was a beast and they have come back pretty good. The school that has taken the hit is White Oak.

I just wish jville had beat NS, then the hype for this game would be crazy. Unfortunately that didnt happen and like I said b4 the season started they would probably finish 3rd in the conf. I really don't think jville has enough to beat us, but 1 thing is for sure we better not come out with the attitude that they cant beat us. A win for jville makes a 3way tie, so they have everything to play for so we have to play like we have everything to lose this Friday. Jville will fight Friday night u can bet that

If the Cards can stay on track offensively. Should be a good game. They have to stop the big plays from Havelock. Both teams will be ready to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT