ADVERTISEMENT

It is official now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO ANNOUNCEMENT has been made in MT Airy. If I have jumped the gun on information that came to me, I apologize.

We all understand how these things need to be done properly. No doubt he wants to talk to his team and explain to them what he's doing. We're left to speculate and read tea leaves about what's happening, but the indications seem strong.

We all understand how these things need to be done properly. No doubt he wants to talk to his team and explain to them what he's doing. We're left to speculate and read tea leaves about what's happening, but the indications seem strong.
Who cares what he's doing mt airy will be bad ass without him all he could do is run football no passing game what so ever I truly hope Kelly Holder takes this team back over they will be for real

Kelly built this program through 20 years of leadership Adkins just walked in at right time
Cmon friend adkins teams were 100% his teams. He had the struggle during Covid and when his team come out of it they’ve been on fire since. The weight room program at Mount airy right now is way better than it was during any point in Kelly’s tenure. My advice appreciate the good things he did and the good memories and let all the negatives go. I mean atleast he didn’t leave you high and dry whoever takes over after him will have success and yall will be happy again… don’t jump off the bridge

Sometimes late night posts, with that much vitriol, especially directed at one’s own team/successful leaders is often fueled by a few too many pulls from the bottle for one evening. Sleeping it off often leads to edited/deleted posts. That may be what’s in play here.

I will say this Adkins had some of the best talent to come through MA just like Lowman had at ES.
Truth is MA prob should have 3 peated with the talent they had from 2021 to now. Adkins learned from that experience and we all seen him become that great coach he was meant to be. I seen first hand in the summer how hard this man worked for these kids and got a chance to tell him that face to face,,,,very nice man. He was fortunate to have a great coaching staff as well including my Favorite Coach Kelley Holder! Adkins will be missed those kids love him and have bought in. I don't think the next Coach will be Kelly! As for Holder he did lead MA to a ship and lost the next year in OT to a 2 point conversion where on film Omar from WRH still hasn't put the ball over the goal line. We all wish Adkins happiness and success in Morganton! I think Holder is still the most winniest coach in MA history!

If its true, I don't get the lure to once again sell a house, move my wife over a HS football job. Really starting to be considered a job hopper. I know Freedom is 3A but its like leaving Alabama to coach UNC football. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate his success with the Bears and he is a very good coach. I know that's also where he went to high school but still very puzzling with a chance to three-peat awaiting this next year.

Reactions: therealsquid
If its true, I don't get the lure to once again sell a house, move my wife over a HS football job. Really starting to be considered a job hopper. I know Freedom is 3A but its like leaving Alabama to coach UNC football. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate his success with the Bears and he is a very good coach. I know that's also where he went to high school but still very puzzling with a chance to three-peat awaiting this next year.
He has a kid and family down there! Thats why!

Reactions: beamer24
Did you really just compare Mount Airy High School Football to Alabama?!? People who concern themselves with what others do for themselves and their families should take a step back and re-evaluate things.

Don't be surprised if something else is in play here.

Leaving MA to coach Freedom is not like leaving Alabama lol. The world is bigger than Mount Airy, NC. Mount Airy had one title in the modern era and that was in subdivided brackets. Adkins made MA a better program and left them in a better place. You can’t ask for more than that. Some of you really need to leave Surry County and understand the world doesn’t revolve around high school football and small town Mount Airy.

Leaving MA to coach Freedom is not like leaving Alabama lol. The world is bigger than Mount Airy, NC. Mount Airy had one title in the modern era and that was in subdivided brackets. Adkins made MA a better program and left them in a better place. You can’t ask for more than that. Some of you really need to leave Surry County and understand the world doesn’t revolve around high school football and small town Mount Airy.
Once again you prove that you must pull for a school that's bad. Oh wait is it starmount. We can put a lot of examples out there of places that high school football is king. With all the crap that's going on in the NFL and all the crap that's now going on in college and even private school football. Oh yeah. It's okay if a small town revolves around its football team. Whether you think so or not. That's why your team sucks. In Reidsville in Mount Airy used to be in Elkin. In pilot mountain. It's good for the economy. It's better for the education system. It's better for all the sports involved. Look at how bad Elkin is now in every single sport. Swimming don't count man. It creates a buzz in the town it brings people to see high school football games It helps education. It educates young men on what it is to have a sack between their legs rather than the alternative. You keep on with that. Your school is probably running the air raid. It's your opinion though isn't it. It's what makes some of us meat eaters and some of us vegetarians.

Allow me to illuminate some very dim witted posters. My comparison to Alabama was not in wins or losses or championships but how the tradition, about the fanbase, about the history. We are a football school if you can say that about a high school. Im very well aware that life exists outside of Surry County and Mount Airy. But here football is king just as it is in Tuscaloosa. UNC is a basketball school. I don't know what Freedom is but they've never hoisted a football championship since their inception in the early 70's. Maybe Adkins will bring that to them

Most high schools are football schools even if their teams aren't great. Mount Airy is more than a football school and has much more to be proud of in many sports but sadly some folks choose to not acknowledge that and focus on 1 sport.

Reactions: More-fe_us
Most high schools are football schools even if their teams aren't great. Mount Airy is more than a football school and has much more to be proud of in many sports but sadly some folks choose to not acknowledge that and focus on 1 sport.
We have had great tennis, great wrestling, great soccer, some really great basketball teams. Football is the sport where all the community comes out to a weekly event in a small town. That's here

Reactions: Bearfan71
Wait you’re telling me a guy who had never spent more than 3 years at a school before he got to EW wasn’t a job hopper ? lol cmon yall knew who he was and what he did when you hired the guy. The same issues that won’t be discussed on here are the same issues he’s always had. There’s nothing new it’s who you picked and who you had great times with don’t get upset now that the party is ending. You’ll be just fine with your next coach.

Once again you prove that you must pull for a school that's bad. Oh wait is it starmount. We can put a lot of examples out there of places that high school football is king. With all the crap that's going on in the NFL and all the crap that's now going on in college and even private school football. Oh yeah. It's okay if a small town revolves around its football team. Whether you think so or not. That's why your team sucks. In Reidsville in Mount Airy used to be in Elkin. In pilot mountain. It's good for the economy. It's better for the education system. It's better for all the sports involved. Look at how bad Elkin is now in every single sport. Swimming don't count man. It creates a buzz in the town it brings people to see high school football games It helps education. It educates young men on what it is to have a sack between their legs rather than the alternative. You keep on with that. Your school is probably running the air raid. It's your opinion though isn't it. It's what makes some of us meat eaters and some of us vegetarians.

Adkins made MA a better program than they were. He accomplished what what he likely set out to accomplish and most importantly, turned boys into men and provided your community with outstanding human beings who will contribute a positive impact to society. Be happy about that.

The rest of your comment was nonsensical gibberish. The quality of football team the high school I graduated from 20+ years ago is irrelevant and isn’t some leverage in this conversation.

Adkins made MA a better program than they were. He accomplished what what he likely set out to accomplish and most importantly, turned boys into men and provided your community with outstanding human beings who will contribute a positive impact to society. Be happy about that.

The rest of your comment was nonsensical gibberish. The quality of football team the high school I graduated from 20+ years ago is irrelevant and isn’t some leverage in this conversation.
Smart guy. You must be a politician

• Haha

Oh no we just see your post all the time. It's not nonsensical gibberish at all. Well excuse me it is to those schools that are good in the non-revenue sports. Maybe yours? That's what I'm saying. Places with good football teams they do put out good guys. Hard working people. Real men. Ones that know how to overcome obstacles. Not get a trophy for their efforts. You know praise effort. But reward performance. That's what they need to learn.

• Haha
Oh no we just see your post all the time. It's not nonsensical gibberish at all. Well excuse me it is to those schools that are good in the non-revenue sports. Maybe yours? That's what I'm saying. Places with good football teams they do put out good guys. Hard working people. Real men. Ones that know how to overcome obstacles. Not get a trophy for their efforts. You know praise effort. But reward performance. That's what they need to learn.
I don’t live my life through high school football games Sir. I enjoy watching kids play for their communities. Reevaluate your priorities.

I don’t live my life through high school football games Sir. I enjoy watching kids play for their communities. Reevaluate your priorities.
Awww. That's sweet. I think teaching young men to work hard, be real men, not be happy being average but striving physically and mentally to dominate everything they do is important. It's got a whole lot more to do than just football life. Great post though. When you are 6 and 5 every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT