ADVERTISEMENT

If the Playoffs Were This Week

OT has been wrong before.

I agree with the part of Thomasville being seeded with the #1s. The 2nd place finishers only matter if that conference has 6+ teams, and that only gets you an automatic bid to playoffs. You are still seeded with the at-large teams based on RPI.
Well in my example of Thomasville I didn't make a lot of difference on one thread he had Thomasville at #5 like OT and on this one #6.

OT has been wrong before.

I agree with the part of Thomasville being seeded with the #1s. The 2nd place finishers only matter if that conference has 6+ teams, and that only gets you an automatic bid to playoffs. You are still seeded with the at-large teams based on RPI.
Well I might be wrong about being wrong lol they have Starmount seeded over Thomas Jefferson who is the 1A leader in a split conference who they didn't seat with other conference champions but as a wildcard.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well I might be wrong about being wrong lol they have Starmount seeded over Thomas Jefferson who is the 1A leader in a split conference who they didn't seat with other conference champions but as a wildcard.

I've read the other thread that was discussing this. To clear it up, they should change the AND/OR to just OR. Right now, with it written as AND/OR, if a team meets either requirement (.500 or top 3) they should be seeded as a #1.

Maybe it is just because I am analytical and on a daily bases have to go off of what clients requirements are, but if someone gives me a requirement of AND/OR I'm going to say if this team is .500 OR top 3, they get seeded with #1's.

Lets take the Shelby/TJ conference (as that is the one discussed) and think about TJ & Cherryville. Even if they have a decent team, every year they will have to compete with Shelby, Burns, East Gaston. Three 2A teams. Is it fair for a 1A to have to beat a 2A team in order to be seeded with the other conference finishers? So I think the NCHSAA said that if they are .500 OR top 3 (because if you are both, you still meet the criteria as OR). So now if TJ beats Cherryville, Bessemer City & Highland Tech they can be seeded as a #1.

Is it fair to give tj an automatic 1 seed every year because of the conference they play in is void of another 1a team.
No….like East Carteret…they are the only 1a team in their conference. The rule states that the split conference must have at least 2 teams per classification to be considered a conference champion.

Thomas Jefferson has other 1a teams in their conference.

Reactions: footballstar_17
I've read the other thread that was discussing this. To clear it up, they should change the AND/OR to just OR. Right now, with it written as AND/OR, if a team meets either requirement (.500 or top 3) they should be seeded as a #1.

Maybe it is just because I am analytical and on a daily bases have to go off of what clients requirements are, but if someone gives me a requirement of AND/OR I'm going to say if this team is .500 OR top 3, they get seeded with #1's.

Lets take the Shelby/TJ conference (as that is the one discussed) and think about TJ & Cherryville. Even if they have a decent team, every year they will have to compete with Shelby, Burns, East Gaston. Three 2A teams. Is it fair for a 1A to have to beat a 2A team in order to be seeded with the other conference finishers? So I think the NCHSAA said that if they are .500 OR top 3 (because if you are both, you still meet the criteria as OR). So now if TJ beats Cherryville, Bessemer City & Highland Tech they can be seeded as a #1.
Yeah I agree the "or" was brought up and that would explain TJ if you go with the interpretation that you have the best record in your classification in a split conference than your seated at the same time as overall conference champions.
But looking at the three predictions it didn't make a whole lot of difference in seeding which ever interpretation you use. This one has TJ #6 and the other two had them #5.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It makes a difference. If Robbinsville win the he SMC it will be the difference between At Robbinsville or At TJ.
What I was referring to in the three predictions made were things set right now if the playoffs were today as for TJ the interpretation concerning teams in split conference didn't move them that much just one spot.
Down the road though there's a small difference between TJ's RPI rating and the SMC teams so obviously if Swain who is already higher then TJ wins the conference they'll be higher then TJ but my guess is with the two teams that TJ has left that any team who wins the SMC will have a higher RPI then TJ.

No….like East Carteret…they are the only 1a team in their conference. The rule states that the split conference must have at least 2 teams per classification to be considered a conference champion.

Thomas Jefferson has other 1a teams in their conference.
What are the records of those other 1a powerhouses in their conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT