ADVERTISEMENT

HSOT stopped?

CP16

Oct 29, 2001
Any information on what happen at HSOT jamboree? Stopped sometime during game 3.

I seen something about Jamboree stopped due to public safety concerns. Didn’t say what it was. But did state that some fans left following incident. Also said Wake Forrest n Vance Co was warming up when announcements was made canceling the event

I seen something about Jamboree stopped due to public safety concerns. Didn’t say what it was. But did state that some fans left following incident. Also said Wake Forrest n Vance Co was warming up when announcements was made canceling the event
Fight at concession stand

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I heard about this, and my heart aches. It’s devastating to realize that it’s the same people, bound by a demonic mindset they refuse to escape. This chaotic mentality has become a heavy burden on so many of us, and we are simply tired of it. When you find yourself surrounded by an overwhelming presence of security at a football game, it begs the question: do you truly belong in that space?

Any arrests?

Any arrests?
We had a brawl break out on the home side of the Forest Hills @ Monroe game last year. I was on the visitors side watching the whole thing breakout. It's our rivalry game so it was a huge crowd. People were running everywhere on the homeside. Supposedly someone yelled "gun" which made things worse. Game was stopped at that point which was basically halftime and never restarted. Forest Hills fans had to exit from a separate gate to leave the stadium. It was the lead story on the Charlotte news that night. Embarrassing situation.

Reactions: UNC-Gmail.com
Couple years ago when South Iredell played at West Cabarrus there was bunch of people taking off in the stands on the home side . Next thing you know they were clearing out on the visitor side. Ended up being being false alarm. Never in my younger days at a football game you never heard the tell of

I heard about this, and my heart aches. It’s devastating to realize that it’s the same people, bound by a demonic mindset they refuse to escape. This chaotic mentality has become a heavy burden on so many of us, and we are simply tired of it. When you find yourself surrounded by an overwhelming presence of security at a football game, it begs the question: do you truly belong in that space?

Just leave then. Isn't that what you say to those "same people" when they complain about how things are? Because I definitely understood everything you said while being too scared to say it.

Just leave then. Isn't that what you say to those "same people" when they complain about how things are? Because I definitely understood everything you said while being too scared to say it.
I may not fully grasp the depths of your references or the shadows they cast, but I am undoubtedly aware of the weight of my message. I refuse to engage in this endless back-and-forth cycle—it's beneath us, and I know you feel it too. Let's spread positivity and good vibes, because that's what really matters. So, in this moment, the only path forward is for you to return to your 2A location. Embrace that journey; it's time to move ahead.

We had a brawl break out on the home side of the Forest Hills @ Monroe game last year. I was on the visitors side watching the whole thing breakout. It's our rivalry game so it was a huge crowd. People were running everywhere on the homeside. Supposedly someone yelled "gun" which made things worse. Game was stopped at that point which was basically halftime and never restarted. Forest Hills fans had to exit from a separate gate to leave the stadium. It was the lead story on the Charlotte news that night. Embarrassing situation.
Embarrasing! Both teens and/or adults create this. By the way, congratulations on your New QB. I know him, his dad and coach very well....very well. Good luck!

I haven’t heard anything
Couple years ago when South Iredell played at West Cabarrus there was bunch of people taking off in the stands on the home side . Next thing you know they were clearing out on the visitor side. Ended up being being false alarm. Never in my younger days at a football game you never heard the tell of
I've never heard of such thing. Things such as this discredits the town itself. Fake or not, what kind of people commit to this behavior?

I've never heard of such thing. Things such as this discredits the town itself. Fake or not, what kind of people commit to this behavior?
Sadly a different time than what it use to be when I was growing up. There is lot of good people out in the world. But you few bad apples that ruins everything. Times is not what it use to be

Last edited:
Sadly a different time than what it use to be when I was growing up. There is lot of good people out in the world. But you few bad apples that ruins everything. Times is not what it use to be
Certainly, the current environment differs significantly from my childhood experiences as well. As a kid, I used to love going to events with my family on Fridays. It was a chance to bond, have fun and make memories. But nowadays, I can't help but notice how much the environment has changed. It's time to speak up and stand up against ignorance. We can't let it continue to plague our society and hinder progress. We must educate ourselves and open our minds.

It truly breaks my heart to see how people from all walks of life behave in public, regardless of whether they’re White, Black, Hispanic, or Asian. We must come together and hold each other accountable for our actions. It's time to passionately encourage our communities to embrace respect, kindness, and understanding in every interaction. It is concerning that some individuals wake up and generate a plan to disrupt a family event such as high school football on Friday, particularly in environments where families and young children are present. Attendees pay an entry fee to enjoy their time, and it is troubling when these experiences are negatively impacted by such behavior. In my view, it may be appropriate to consider banning those responsible from future county games to ensure a positive atmosphere for all participants. What do you think?

Fo sure. The few bad apples pretty much represent the rest of them. It just doesn't look good at all. Just hope those causing the drama are corrected in place by the mature audience. Was West Cabarrus the only drama you've ever seen in person?

Fo sure. The few bad apples pretty much represent the rest of them. It just doesn't look good at all. Just hope those causing the drama are corrected in place by the mature audience. Was West Cabarrus the only drama you've ever seen in person?
Yes that game was the only time I witnessed something like that in person.

Sadly I seen reported that Summerville/ Stratford game was called off at HT. Summerville was up 28-14. But it was reported that someone had a gun. They never found the person. Sad This was last night when it happened

Sadly I seen reported that Summerville/ Stratford game was called off at HT. Summerville was up 28-14. But it was reported that someone had a gun. They never found the person. Sad This was last night when it happened
So sorry to hear this. This is nothing short of utter madness, an embarrassing display of immaturity from an adult whose reckless actions are being enabled by those around them, fueling a misguided sense of entitlement. Somewhere, someone was aware of the brewing storm, yet they chose silence, all in the name of loyalty to their “homeboy.”

This cowardice is precisely why no one was arrested. A person in that crowd, in that very stadium, knew a gun was present, and still, they stood by, voiceless. It’s heartbreaking to think that what could have been a magnificent game was tainted by the ignorance of these same individuals. They are the ones who choose chaos over community, who spend their Friday nights not celebrating life but shattering the peace that so many cherish. Those who perpetuate this madness, along with their accomplices, deserve to face the consequences of their actions. It’s time for justice to rise and restore order!

Not what I was expecting but sadly it looks like the sadness continues. No metal detectors at the gate?

The long I keep thinking about it, this gun thing just doesnt make sense

The long I keep thinking about it, this gun thing just doesnt make sense
I believe what happened at that game someone young kid maybe yelled out gun or something. This caused panic. Then the domino effect. When few fans started running then everyone else. This happened at the game I was at couple years ago. I’m not sure if there was medal detector or not at that game. But the game I was at there was one. This is reason I believe we seeing that fans up to certain age has to be with an adult when they come to a ball game. Times has changed

I believe what happened at that game someone young kid maybe yelled out gun or something. This caused panic. Then the domino effect. When few fans started running then everyone else. This happened at the game I was at couple years ago. I’m not sure if there was medal detector or not at that game. But the game I was at there was one. This is reason I believe we seeing that fans up to certain age has to be with an adult when they come to a ball game. Times has changed
How frustrating. These days these same adults needs to have a responsible adult with them. Kids raising kids. I hope the sheriff department are giving these ignorant folks fines.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT